hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
It's the 50th Anniversary of the company. They released 100 custom Dodge Challengers

50th-1n.jpg

challenger2.jpg

Hey, those are nice. What modifications did they receive?

EXTERIOR
  • Mr. Norm’s 50TH Anniversary Signature GSS Challenger Gold Body Side Vinyl Graphics
  • Mr. Norm’s 50TH Anniversary GSS Challenger Gold Hood Graphic
  • Mr. Norm’s 50TH Anniversary GSS Fender Emblems
  • Mr. Norm’s Quarter Panel Scoops
  • Mr. Norm’s Windshield Banner
  • Mr. Norm's 50th Anniversary License Plate
  • Hurst Equipped Badge
INTERIOR
  • Mr. Norm’s / Katzkin Premium Leather Seat Covers and Center Arm Rest Cover
  • Your choice of Black or White Leather
  • Leather Seating Surfaces with Gold Top Stitching
  • Perforated Leather Inserts
  • Mr. Norm’s 50TH Anniversary Gold Emblem Embroidered on Front and Rear Seat Backs
  • Mr. Norm’s 50TH Anniversary Gold Emblem Embroidered Logo Plush Carpet Mats
  • Mr. Norm’s Serialized 50TH Anniversary Dash Plaque with Unique Number
  • Hurst Comp Stick Automatic Shifter on Challengers equipped with automatic transmission
  • Mr. Norm’s Logo Pistol Grip Shifter on Challengers equipped with manual transmission
CHASSIS
  • Hurst Stunner 20 Inch Custom Wheels Machined w/ Anthracite Accent
  • Sizes: Front: 20” x 9” Rear: 20” x 10”
  • BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2 High Performance Tires
  • Sizes: Front: 245/45ZR20 Rear: 275/40ZR20
  • Chrome Lug Nuts and Preloaded TMPS Sensors
  • Mr. Norm’s / Hotchkis Performance Lowering Springs*
  • Mr. Norm’s / Hotchkis Performance Front and Rear Sway Bars
  • Mr. Norm’s Embossed Red Powder Coated Caliper Covers
*Note: On cars equipped with Self Leveling or Nivomat rear shocks will need to be replaced with Bilstein shocks Mopar part number 68072165AB

CELEBRATING 50 YEARS
  • Mr. Norm’s Sport Club Decals (2)
  • Mr. Norm’s Grand Spaulding Deck Lid Emblem
  • Personal Letter of Congratulations from Mr. Norm
  • Vehicle Registered in “The Original Grand Spaulding Dodge Registry” in 50TH Anniversary Section
  • 8.5” x 11” Mr. Norm’s Certificate of Authenticity Suitable for Framing
  • 1 Year Membership in Mr. Norm’s Sport Club
Extra Pics:

50th-4.jpg

50th-8.jpg

50th-9.jpg

50th-10.jpg

50th-11.jpg

logoB.jpg

Official Website:

http://www.mrnorms.com/index.html
http://www.mrnorms.com/new/Vehicle_Packages/50TH_ANNIVERSARY_GSS_CHALLENGER.html

Ah, its mostly exterior and suspension upgrades. It's still quite a neat car, although purple doesn't really favor it (in my honest opinion, no need to bash me).

Sometime in that period though I'm not entirely sure.

EDIT:

Peter%20Patrone%20and%20AMX.ashx

Last edited:
This piece might not be american but this gotta be custom. @Cano, are you ready?
Here comes.
That's right, A bloody jag, mateys. I creamed my shorts when I saw this when I was searching for custom stuff.

Welcome to a year and a half ago. Rick Dore's handbuilt pseudoJaguar (the only thing Jaguar in that car is the resemblance ofthe grille shell form) for Metallica's Jim Hetfield.

Yes, it is exquisite. I'd still trade it tomorrow for this:
1937StudebakerExtremeliner_01.jpg

Welcome to a year and a half ago. Rick Dore's handbuilt pseudoJaguar (the only thing Jaguar in that car is the resemblance ofthe grille shell form) for Metallica's Jim Hetfield.

Now what in the name of Bob Saget is that amazing woody-like car!? :drool: Never saw anything like that before in my whole life, what's the story behind it?

Well, 1 year and half ago I wasn't into customs ya know. But still better late than never, dude.

And yeah that thing looks...kinda odd. It's interesting. that also looks like real wood, which I appreciate.

Welcome to... 15 years ago, gentlemen:
http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=500489

btw, they say it's a 37 Stude, that's not true. The car is 100% hand-made.

It's not a Stude(baker)? Well that makes it even more amazing; a 100% hand-made, LT-1 powered, Art-Deco inspired woody car. :bowdown:

And you're telling me this was made 15 years ago!? Holy snapshot... I tip my hat to Mr. Ken “POSIES” Fenical, that is one gracious custom.

Hum, that so? Interesting. Also, you know you are dealing with a masterful designer when one of your inspirations is this:
That is a seal of quality right there, my friends. 👍

I've indeed always thought the Extremeliner measured up well agains some of thr finest streamlining examples in history because, when you see it, other than the extremely low stance and modern rubber, it doesn't strike you as a rod or custom, it does look like a modern interpretation of the streamlining movement, which is pretty hard to achieve.

Yep. A brake drum costed them the race. Apparently, Ak's tow rig (which I believe was a wagon) gave the Italians a scare since it could supposedly keep up with the Lambos and Ferraris.

Yep. A brake drum costed them the race. Apparently, Ak's tow rig (which I believe was a wagon) gave the Italians a scare since it could supposedly keep up with the Lambos and Ferraris.

It was a Olds that belonged to a team member's mother. The episode you're recalling is here:

Ak spent some time after the Mille touring Europe in an Olds coupe with the Caballo trailered behind it. Renowned auto journalist Denis Jenkinson, who was traveling with photographer Jesse Alexander, encountered Ak, Harrison, and crewman Pete Coltrin (whose mother donated the Olds tow car) on their way to a race and offered to show Ak the way. Here's how Jenkinson describes the trip in his book, Porsche Past and Present:

That journey to Rouen was a terrible embarrassment to Jesse and me, for on the long straights across France, that great bulbous Oldsmobile coupe with the trailer and racing car on the back sat behind us no matter what we did. We both rowed our little Porsches along as hard as we could, and the Miller entourage just sat there in our mirrors. What was worse, Ak, Doug, and Pete were sitting abreast on the bench seat smoking cigars while Ak drove with one hand on the wheel and his elbow on the window ledge. Meantime, both Jesse and I were driving our Porsches as if we were competing in a race. When we stopped, Ak removed his cigar and asked, 'Your little cars okay?' That Oldsmobile coupe had been timed at Bonneville at something like 141 mph using one of 'Uncle Ak's' special V-8 engines, but I don't think Pete's mother knew about that".

From Hot Rod's semblance on Ak Miller, published months after he died some years ago.

Fully ahndmade and 15 years ago?! I wish I was older, damn! Not eeven 15 yeears ago I was old enough to be into customs, or see real classic cars up close.

Just speaking of fully handmade reminds me of Boyd. I still miss the bastard, sigh.

Posies is almost contemporary to Boyd, and a better builder to boot. Coddington wasn't as talented as several other builders from the era (I'm looking at you Buttera and Covell), but he was in the right place at the right time, and his -for the time- innovative "super-smooth" billet cars gave street rodding a completely new face and life in the mid-80s. You can say that he was a bit like the Beatles, not a fantastic band but they revolutionized rock. Coddington was not a fantastic builder but he revolutionized street rodding, and legitimated it back when street rodders were still somehwat of society's outcasts.

James has some NASTY cars.

He used to drag race a greyish black 67 Camaro at Infineon quite often in the early 2000s.

Back