hot rods, muscle cars, customs...

• Thread starter Cano
  • 6,009 comments
:drool: :drool:
My goodness, you really know how to bring back some memories.
THanks many times more man.
Misnblu

Cano, did you read my post on the Hemi's. I had just said that they were again selling the last two engines that you said :P.

I dont know if you posted this in this thread already (so many pages with pictures).

Dodge Viper :D...

Attachments

• viper.jpg
    viper.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 168
Ahhh, that sound brings back some memories Cano. My Grandfather thanks and praises you :D.

Here is the Viper's bigger bully brother :P...

Attachments

• vipergtsr.jpg
    vipergtsr.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 375
Originally posted by Cano
a 392 HEMI. if you tell me the car it comes in Ill give you a prize :)

Wasn't the 392 Hemi offered on the 1957 Chrysler 300C, among other '57 models?

Great pics. Love the '71 Roadrunner w/dog dish hubcaps. And the green Hemicuda has the same interior color as my old '71 Challenger! Saddle brown - pretty rare!

Yup, I also love the shaker hood scoop too, those were not only functional but awesome to look at when the cars cranked up.
Misnblu

Originally posted by GmanViz
Wasn't the 392 Hemi offered on the 1957 Chrysler 300C, among other '57 models?

Great pics. Love the '71 Roadrunner w/dog dish hubcaps. And the green Hemicuda has the same interior color as my old '71 Challenger! Saddle brown - pretty rare!

yeah, but that particular engine came ina 49 ford... hehe. I couldnt find the albums from wich I got that pic, but I tought it was cool. now it sux :P but tha transplant is still very weird and cool

and, er, vipers... im not very fond of them, but, oh, well....
lezee what I can post now.

hot rods!!!!!
and I mean it, no nicey street rods, just plain old, bad-ass hot rods
like this one... check out those proportions!!! chopped, channeled, sectioned...
dscn4705-or.jpg

a George Barris original:
P5190057copy-or.jpg

more hemi!!!
COUPE2-or.jpg

aniother barris original, americas most beautiful roadster two years ina row, the Ala Kart:
AlaKart-or.jpg

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
SaltFlats-or.jpg

jesus.... I LOVE hot rods this way... CRUDE!!!
365WINDOW-vi.jpg

mark idzardis purple people eater, again. this car is IMPRESSIVE, no matter what you like:
dcp03761-or.jpg

omfg... look at this LOW T!
ChoppedTCoupe-or.jpg

ChoppedTCouperear-or.jpg

I know I am the only weird guy around here that likes hot rods, primer, flames, and such things (if there is someone else, lemme know... as of now, I am still alone here T-T) but I had to show you these rides :D

Cano

am I really the only one that really likes hot rods here????

Cano, your a minimalist man. :lol:
Thats cool but to not like a Viper, thats totally unAmerican. ;) j/k
Thanks for the pics.
Misnblu
Im glad there are a few that are enjoying this thread. ;) :D

well, then Ill make him drool and drool as I search for a lot of pics... and yes, I am glad too to see that there are people that enjoy this kinda rust buckets. yes, I know there is a certain something in a one-off custom show thing with 20 coats of pearl to metallic tangelo paint, air suspension, 22 inch billet wheels and billet everything else, a corvette engine wich was polished 3 times, and a chromed-inside gas tank, titanium suspension (polished) with air ride, and a custom, turning display base that letz you see all the features on the car as you see it along the indoor car shows all aound the country, but id change it RITE NOW for a sixtet of strombergs over a flathead or a Y-block ford, on a black primered with solid red flames 32 ford that cost me 2000 dollars to build. the more rust the better :D so peiople can see the cars original, not a plastic copy. and I am not agains fiberglass, but steel is magic.
I do like the vipers, but, I dont know... id change one for a cuda any day.... then swap the viper engine to the cuda :)
and speaking of magic, lez post some more stuff. I am @ school, so internet speed is real fast :)
more "minimalist" stuff as minsblu called it...

a WAY ODD :odd: 27 Essex roadster:
614DSCN0706-or.jpg

a 29 model A highboy on 32 ford rails :D
29AHiboy01-or.jpg

29AHiboy05-or.jpg

60s WEIRDNESS :odd:
DonWheat28APU-or.jpg

a very cool 40 ford.
ShortysRide-or.jpg

Pa260011smrt-or.jpg

a late 50s hot rod:
RatRod2-or.jpg

hemi hot rod peakup:
hopup367-or.jpg

OMG!!!!
Shifters1_004-or.jpg

SO minimalist, I read this thing has no FLOOR. munch that for a second.

earth angel...
15277846JuxEKdSEcn_ph-or.jpg

sublime!
29A-vi.jpg

yes, those are some model A rails in front of the car
29A2-vi.jpg

a John D'angostino 40 merc:
4020Merc20Stardust-or.jpg

THIS GIF ABSOLUTELY RULEZ!!!!!!!
aniflames-vi.gif

last, a rat gray 40 ford.
P6090059copy-or.jpg

Ive gotta go, but Ill be back... I hope to realy be back next week.

Cano

and, damn, POST SOME PICS!!!!! (if they arent vipers, better :P)

My classic ala paintball practice.
Sorry, I had to do it.
Thought it would present some humor to the thread.
Misnblu

Attachments

• 030503paintedford.jpg
    030503paintedford.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 201
I love this all race car.
This is the epitome of the Vette in its ultimate race form.
*Misnblu drools heavily*
Misnblu

Attachments

• 10270263gransportbadass.jpg
    10270263gransportbadass.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 196
Sean next to a bad arse Vette.
This is my room mates son, best friend, paintball buddy and fellow car enthusiast.
He and I have been going to the Cruisin the Coast event since its inception.
The event started with a few hundred cars to over 6000 cars from all over the U.S. now.
Sean is all into cars now and plans on fixing up the Mustang once he is old enough to drive. (1.5 years and look out world- :lol: )
Misnblu

Attachments

• 102702seanwvette.jpg
    102702seanwvette.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 184
How about a rare Riviera by Buick.
I remember seeing these all over the road and now, never seen.
Misnblu

Attachments

• 102702buickriviera.jpg
    102702buickriviera.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 185
whoa! helluva pic that of the vipers¡¡¡ I thik Id take a red one too.
as for the fairmont, whats wrong with them? theyr ****IN cheap, RWD, and have v8s. I had an 82 wagon tht ate mustangs. I wanna get it back so I can make it a rel mean street machine, a wolf in sheeps clothes!
overboring the 302 to 332 CI, adding EFI, a centrifugal supercharger, getting the suspension to do over 1G, average about 20 mpg and go about 11s... all that should be possibe if the plan comes along as it should... but first I need to get the wag back. I could buy any other one but I want mine!!! I learned to drive on that wag!!! on the outside... it would be absolutey stock. even having one exhaust pipe (it would be a twin sistem, but te second one should be painted black and tucked way near to the undercarriage... details ike dat).. that way It wouldnt command respect on the streets, it would take it away from anything :D
oh yeah... some day.
meanwhie, I have to say that that riviera is cool, but it would be awsome if it sat like 4 meters lower :D

aw rite. lezee what can i get into th thread. havent posted here in a while.

some hot rod nd custom 50s cars how abut?

a 58 olds woodie doodie with way big rims...
1-or.jpg

a 55 RED RED RED chevy nomad:
Dsc03645-or.jpg

DSC04394-or.jpg

a 49 ford ragtop Kustom...
DSCN1602-or.jpg

some late 40s early 50s chev peakup...
DSCN2470-or.jpg

DSCN2469-or.jpg

a 60 impala!!!
DSCN2489-or.jpg

55 chevy pro street post car:
DSCN2556-or.jpg

I like the color on this thing...
DSCN2496-or.jpg

anoher 55 pro street chev...
DSCN2751-or.jpg

wich is even riced out! look, a wing!
DSCN2755-or.jpg

this looks like cancer -_- but, oh well...

last, another 55 chev with astro supreme wheels...
DSCN2915-or.jpg

DSCN2917-or.jpg

well... thats it... i have to go, Ive got hmework.... see ya over dudes...

Cano

OMG!!!!
Shifters1_004-or.jpg

SO minimalist, I read this thing has no FLOOR. munch that for a second.

:P)

Ok help, what is that thing in the background called, i love these cars, they look like some futeristic batmobile, but i can never find them cause i dont know what genre they are, I.E. Hot Rod, Lowrider etc.

can anyone help???

Originally posted by Ryan
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=525916

:drool: I mean, come on, who doesn't love a nice red Mustang?

WU-A-W!!!!
I mean it dude, the car turned out veery impressive!!! I am very glad you saved a jewell like dat... damn you are a pair of luckys!!! I'd die if someone gave me a car like that one for free!!! that precise model happens to be my favorite mustang model. I love the way they look. extreme congratulations to you and your father for that great damned car, and for an impressive and overwhelming work that really, really paid off. now... I just want to know... what is underhood?? and, seeing the after-photos... Id love to know what was after the restoration... because that thing poking thru its hood sure looks interesting!!! it now has a 302, rite? but, it is original? o.O

Cano

really, congrats to your father, and you of course. helluva work. helluva car.

Originally posted by <MOURNINGSTARR>
Ok help, what is that thing in the background called, i love these cars, they look like some futeristic batmobile, but i can never find them cause i dont know what genre they are, I.E. Hot Rod, Lowrider etc.

can anyone help???

yes, I can. as frustrated palm said, it falls into the category of a hot rod, but its actually a 49 mercury, with the top heavily chopped, those cars are the quintessential customs (kustoms :D). those cars arent built to be that fast, but instead to look sinister and ride with style. and as you say you love them, well, lemme the make a post with nothing but mercurys on it, and then another one with customs from other brands. enjoy it, man. the photos are cool. and you can find more if you follow the links of the images :)

lez start with this completely awesome flamed and chopped 49-50 mercury more-door:
Mercury-leadsled-black-yellow-flames-le.jpg

check out that tiki god pinstriping!!
Mercury-leadsled-black-yellow-flames-le-2.jpg

this one is a two door. check out the wicked (WICKED) top chop. windows the size of mail slots!!
1950-Merc-matte-black-yellow-flames-le.jpg

a convert, mildly done, check out the louvered hood.
1949-Mercury-Convertible-black-white-top-mild-custom-le.jpg

50 feet of flames!!! woooo!!
1950-Mercury-black-red-flames-le.jpg

I hope this one belongs to a girl. fine workmanship tough, with a gille taken from a late-40s oldsmobile:
1949-Mercury-salmon-purple-flames-le.jpg

misty blue:
1950-Merc-Misty-Blue-le.jpg

a very elegant maroon convert:
1950-Mercury-brown-convertible-custom-le.jpg

its continental-kitted rear:
1950-Mercury-brown-convertible-custom-le-2.jpg

more black, more flames:
1950-Mercury-leadsled-black-yellow-flames-ggr.jpg

packard tailights. the interior just doesnt cut it, tough - . -
1950-Merc-Convertible-purple-white-le-2.jpg

a blue one with outlined flames:
1950-Merc-Purple-flame-hilite-ggr.jpg

omg! an unchooped merc! this is one rare sight. most mercs are chopped. this is one thats nearly stock. the only items I can see that arent are the frenched antenna, the apletton spotlites, the fenderskirts and those lakes pipes in the sides of the car.
1950-Mercury-green-mild-custom-ggr.jpg

a custom merc with a rare twist: a blower poking thru the hood!!!
1950-Merc-maroon-faded-flames-le.jpg

well, thats it. want more, as well as more of MANY other cars, hot rods or not? go to seriouswheels.com.

Cano

hope I helped you knowing what those cars were man :)

EDIT: sooorry, but I just had to show you this. believe it or not, it is the same car as those above, but so HEAVILY customized, you wouldnt notice it!!! lookat all the custom tricks!! definitely not the most beautiful thing, but worth because of the work on it!!!
1951-Mercury-custom-pink-fins-bullet-grille-le-2.jpg

1951-Mercury-custom-pink-fins-bullet-grille-le.jpg

1951-Mercury-custom-pink-fins-bullet-grille-ma-2.jpg

now im done, If i have to reedit it a bit, itwill be because of something really awesome @.@

WU-A-W!!!!
I mean it dude, the car turned out veery impressive!!! I am very glad you saved a jewell like dat... damn you are a pair of luckys!!! I'd die if someone gave me a car like that one for free!!! that precise model happens to be my favorite mustang model. I love the way they look. extreme congratulations to you and your father for that great damned car, and for an impressive and overwhelming work that really, really paid off. now... I just want to know... what is underhood?? and, seeing the after-photos... Id love to know what was after the restoration... because that thing poking thru its hood sure looks interesting!!! it now has a 302, rite? but, it is original? o.O

Cano

really, congrats to your father, and you of course. helluva work. helluva car.

Uhm, sorry to dissapoint you, but that's not my car. I'd do anything for a car like that, but very sadly it's not mine. :(

Originally posted by Ryan
Uhm, sorry to dissapoint you, but that's not my car. I'd do anything for a car like that, but very sadly it's not mine. :(

oh, damn. well, anyway, it is way cool. if you are part of hondatech, tell that guy that I send him congrats and thumbs-up. as for doing anything for that one car, yes, Id help you.

Cano

Dang, this is 56k user beware. Man, my computer is overwhelmed with all the pictures. :banghead:
Misnblu

hahaha yeah, I know, but since I've been finding big good pics of these cars, Im postin them here. hey, you want 300 x 500 pics of cars like these???

Cano

I dont :) well, if they are that awesome, yes. but if not, then post some big things!!! :D

WU-A-W!!!!
I mean it dude, the car turned out veery impressive!!! I am very glad you saved a jewell like dat... damn you are a pair of luckys!!! I'd die if someone gave me a car like that one for free!!!

Then after you died I'd take it from you :D :P...

Back