How is the CITROEN GT Race Car???

• Thread starter cb1021
  • 41 comments
No big fan of the interior design either

You can't argue taste but I think both the roadcar and the racecar have great looking interiors, I do agree that visibility isn't great and that the 'gun visor' speedometer is awkwardly placed combined with the low seated position of the onboard camera.
Why hasn't anyone mentioned the glorious sound it produces by the way?

cb1021
Anybody tried this car?? How is it?? How fast is it in comparison to other race cars (group C, touring, super GT, etc.)??

With a good tune it is a great car. But its class I don't know

With a good tune it is a great car. But its class I don't know

It's around the F1 GTR, Corvette C5R, the RM models of those Corvettes (with no engine mods beyond just straight stock to RM), and a bit faster than the Viper GTS-R I think.

I do base those cars on the AI driving them though.

The view inside is kind of garbage, if you actually want to see the road and not just fawn at it. I composed a poem about it just to humor myself.

I got a citroen
How bad can it be
I tried cockpit mode
And crashed into a tree

Last edited:
Karl1993
Have to agree with you on that, however the interior view is totally ridiculous

Looks cool but yes very flawed for using in car camera. I use hood view anyway. Reason with me on a wheel i hate seeing two of them. So the way i sit behind my wheel anyway it looks like I am looking of my wheel and onto the hood like in real life.

The view inside is kind of garbage, if you actually want to see the road and not just fawn at it. I composed a poem about it just to humor myself.

I got a citroen
How bad can it be
I tried cockpit mode
And crashed into a tree

Nice poem ;)

Anyway, I got a chrome paint the other day so I painted one of my GTbC racecars with it and took it for a few laps around Nürburgring. First of all the chrome makes it look fantastic, I'm not a big fan of chrome painted cars but the GTbC is the exception that confirms the rule. (My other GTbC is black, also looks stunning). Second of all, it took some time to get used to the handling. It oversteers quite a lot, especially if you're throttle-happy. After a few laps though I found it pretty nice to drive. I still feel like I'm crawling around Carousel (80 km/h) and for the high PP it got it's not very fast. Well, the top speed is good but around corners I'm still playing it safe. Compared to the GT500 cars it feels more like a mix between a GT car and an LMP car in handling. Or pretty much like the Zonda if I remember that one correctly. It's certainly very fun to drive, but a bit tricky (which I guess is what makes it fun).

GT by Citroën - a sonnet

One morning, by the grace o' golden sun,
while dawning came upon the Nürburgring
and in the trees the nightingale did sing,
emerging from the pits a roar begun:

From crest to corner, looking for some fun,
the carnivore - a dreadful monstrous thing -
into the woods - with silver arrows' sting -
came flying, on a full speed trial run!

And anyone who witness'd tells you this:
"A similar machine was never made -
not ever, not by human mortal hand,

For with a single throttle-carried kiss
- the swinging of a sharpened divine blade -
in half it cut the forest and the land!"

Last edited:
Nice Day,
Citreon GT LMP is by far the best looking car when only you painted it chrome. But my first impression of boughting this car into dealership was by far the most ugly boxed LMP i ever bought & it handles like a t-rex. It had so much promise on GTP, yet it was of those car who finished with bad fairytales.

It's not LMP car it's GT1 car same as McLaren F1 GTR, Ford GT race car and Zonda LM race car.

It's not LMP car it's GT1 car same as McLaren F1 GTR, Ford GT race car and Zonda LM race car.

Technically it's neither, LMP and GT1 are racing classes with specific rules and regulations, this doesn't fit either of them. It's a bit like the Zonda R in the respect it's a non-road legal race car but it doesn't conform to any regulations. The difference being that actually exists though of course.

Not very fast,not the best looking,very expensive. Just get a fully modified Zonda R. (It does better than the Citroen GT race car). I just leave my citroen in the garage and not use it because it's not that good but I might use it for endurance racing because the zonda R drains fuel very quickly and needs frequent pit stops to refuel and change driver because it has 900+ bhp.

T
5319613994_b22df1cdbc_b.jpg
This car is half-rubbish. (Like the interior though)

Back