How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
26 been with gran turismo from the start 1998.

Lots of experience has made me the fastest all round aussie at the nurburgring on ds3 and one of the fastest in the world at nurburgring in gt5 and gt6.

LOL, well that, or you just use easy-win cars like the Elise etc.

;)

15 i started plaing gran turismo when i was around 8 years old or that was when i started to race to win and not to make big chrashes. the firt gran turismo i played was gran turismo 3 a-spec and i really loved it.

22. The first time we played GT is when my relatives lend us some PS1 copies to borrow and returned next month back in 2004, though we only raced once 'cause I find it hard to control due to lack of experience in racing sim). Since 2007, I began playing GT4 all day and GT PSP when I was in college (At that time I can't afford PS3 and GT5). Now that I finally got my PS3 and GT6 last May, I've been playing it all day since then and will be remain forever.

34, Been around since GT2. I've played through all GTs from 2 to 6 so I guess I have played for quite a few hours on the way. Stubborn goal of mine is to complete every challenge and collect every car and I've never done it before. Always stuck at 99% or something and/or a few cars missing. Now I am closer than ever to accomplish this, everything gold so far, including the seasonals and only about eight cars to buy.

interestingly, i haven't seen anyone below 14... hmmm... either GT for some reason has a cutoff of 14 years old, or 14 and beyond is the age at which people willingly announce their age... probably the latter. 💡

EDIT: after some, ahh, research (about 20 pages of scrolling) i have only found two people under the age of fourteen; one 9, and one 12. and that was back in 2009...

Last edited:
I'm 51 and I've been playing ever since the very first Gran Turismo. I've bought every one since including for the PSP. In fact I had to buy a PSP just so I could play it. For that matter, the only reason I ever buy a new Playstation is because there's a new GT that requires it.

29, I got Gran Turismo on the day of release in EU. Somewhere in may 1998 I think, it was just before my birthday (13y).
It was a hot topic in school, most kids just got their playstation and it was the first game with so many cars.
Thanks to GT I got into cars, even more with GT2 and all those different car brands, including Lotus :lol:

29, I got Gran Turismo on the day of release in EU. Somewhere in may 1998 I think, it was just before my birthday (13y).
It was a hot topic in school, most kids just got their playstation and it was the first game with so many cars.
Thanks to GT I got into cars, even more with GT2 and all those different car brands, including Lotus :lol:
Same here. 29 years old and the very first thing I remember about Gran Turismo was the ad on the back of a videogame magazine: the photo of a shiny metallic blue viper with white stripes and chrome wheels.
1998. I was in love.

I'm trying to find the ad on google but looks like I'm unlucky :(

Last edited:
interestingly, i haven't seen anyone below 14... hmmm... either GT for some reason has a cutoff of 14 years old, or 14 and beyond is the age at which people willingly announce their age... probably the latter. 💡

EDIT: after some, ahh, research (about 20 pages of scrolling) i have only found two people under the age of fourteen; one 9, and one 12. and that was back in 2009...
Well, that's partly because of the website we're on (which doesn't allow members under 13), and partly because younger kids won't admit their age.

Well, that's partly because of the website we're on (which doesn't allow members under 13), and partly because younger kids won't admit their age.
wait GTP doesnt allow members under 13? Huh. and the second part is what i said
LOTUS FTW!!!

I see some people talk about easy-win cars, who is old enough to remember the TVR Cerbera LM Edition?
To be honest I really want that car in GT6, not for easy-win but for awesome fun. :cool:
I can't remember it being good in GT2, but in GT1 it was amazing.

I see some people talk about easy-win cars, who is old enough to remember the TVR Cerbera LM Edition?
To be honest I really want that car in GT6, not for easy-win but for awesome fun. :cool:
I can't remember it being good in GT2, but in GT1 it was amazing.
I won the Grand Valley 300 in the Cerbera so many times. Great car

I'm as old as time itself :odd: (41) and have been playing for at least 4 re-generations :lol:(or at least since GT1 came out in the UK in around 1998). In fact i've been playing Gran Turismo so long it was still black and white when I started :P

LOL, well that, or you just use easy-win cars like the Elise etc.

;)
This is funny because I was in a room with this guy a couple of nights ago and it was a 500pp sport soft lobby. And guess what he was driving, an LFA at 500pp, a pink one at that, then bragging about beating us and saying how fast he is blah blah... Everybody else was in a car that we tuned up to 500pp, I was in the 04 M3, there was rx7s, s2000s and so on. I even said to him pick a car that you have to tune up, not power limit down. So yeah, he's quick but his car selection is debatable.

Back