How Old are you and how long you been playing GT?

• Thread starter PAPPACLART
  • 2,395 comments
This is funny because I was in a room with this guy a couple of nights ago and it was a 500pp sport soft lobby. And guess what he was driving, an LFA at 500pp, a pink one at that, then bragging about beating us and saying how fast he is blah blah... Everybody else was in a car that we tuned up to 500pp, I was in the 04 M3, there was rx7s, s2000s and so on. I even said to him pick a car that you have to tune up, not power limit down. So yeah, he's quick but his car selection is debatable.
He's also his biggest fan & probably has posters of himself on the walls where the mirrors leave space.

I'm forty and I've been playing since Gran Turismo came out and blew Ridge Racer away.
But I've been racing on games since Stock Cars and Overdrive in 1984. (Probably explains why I don't mind Standard cars!)

Stock_Car_in-game_screenshot_(Acorn_Electron).png

220px-Overdrive_elk.gif

Not sure if I have posted om here and don't know how to check so here go's.
I am 50 and have played gt since gt1 I have have completed all the gt games including the pro logs.
I am struggling to complete gt6 but hey the genius had to end somewhere:lol:

I am 16 (17 in January) and have first played GT1 in 2002, on the original PS1, i got GT2 the next month and loved them both, but only played arcade. I got GT3 for PS2 in 2004 and loved it, and so did my parents, who got to 92% on GT3 and 85% on GT4. I got GT4 in 2005 and loved it so much. Currently I own, GT2, GT3, GT Concept 2002, GT4, GT5P, GT5, GT6 and GT PSP

I am 16 (17 in January) and have first played GT1 in 2002, on the original PS1, i got GT2 the next month and loved them both, but only played arcade. I got GT3 for PS2 in 2004 and loved it, and so did my parents, who got to 92% on GT3 and 85% on GT4. I got GT4 in 2005 and loved it so much. Currently I own, GT2, GT3, GT Concept 2002, GT4, GT5P, GT5, GT6 and GT PSP

Wow, so you were playing gt1 at 4 years old!!! Don't think a console was even invented till I was about 9/10 years old. (Sinclair zx81 was the first we had).

45, been playing since 99 with the original gt on ps1, had every version available in the U.S. Used to dream about playing other people back before everybody had the internet. Must say was pretty disappointed in gt6, what, with NO SHUFFLE.

46... i play GT on PS1, GT4 on PS2, GT5 on PS3, and now after 2 days i buy GT6 to continue...
GT series for me is the most fun racing-driving game because never come totally bored in over time. (still playing (buying, tuning cars) GT4 on PS2 sometimes even is to old with graphics)

46... i play GT on PS1, GT4 on PS2, GT5 on PS3, and now after 2 days i buy GT6 to continue...
GT series for me is the most fun racing-driving game because never come totally bored in over time. (still playing (buying, tuning cars) GT4 on PS2 sometimes even is to old with graphics)
awesome

almost 16 and have been playing since i was 8 months old according to my parents, my dad was a GT fan. i actually wasn't playing, just pressing the button and moving the car a bit :lol:. i played GT1 for a long time and then got GT2 in 2002 and GT3 in late 2003, Iv'e gotten every other GT game since then on release day :gtpflag:

30, played Gran Turismo round my mates house once.. bought a Playstation the next day!, that was probably about 2 months after GT's release, I remember he went on about it all the time, when I finally played it it was amazing...

Proud owner and long-time player, GT, GT2, GT3, GT Concept Toyko 2001, GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva, GT4:P, GT4, GT 1-Series Demo, Tourist Trophy, GT:HD, GT5:P..........

Holy **** Now 35... still playing. I don't mind GT6.. and there's no reason why I won't be posting here in another 5 years time (just before the launch of GT7, :lol: :()

21, playing GT since the first one...
i remember i didn't want to go to school because of it, i still remember doing the licenses that ,strangely, i did find fun to do! At the time i didn't know what tuning was so i just bought ALL THE STUFF IN THE SHOP (i.e engine tuning 1, then 2 then 3...) then GT2 came around and i begun questioning the utility of a tuning sections in game.
with GT3 i learned the importance of a good asset, good laptimes and tire selection.
GT4 was groundbreaking, thanks to me a lot of my friends discovered the game and we'd go on countless laps around circuits (especially the test one.) on the suzuki escudo or historic lmps.
when i got gt5 i was stoked, and playing i felt like a baby progressing through his first steps.
My gf gave me gt5 as a present, and since that day i try sometimes to get her to like the gtworld (always failed, but i'm confident.)
GT6 was a present from some of my dearest friends for my birthday, got it in january and been playing it since that.
To be fair, i enjoyed quiete a lot of games during these 3 last generations of consolles, but honestly GT has had always a top spot; always thought that gt represented the very limit of every consolle and GT6 does not make exception.
Looking forward for future installaments of the saga :lol:

ps: o god just how much did i write.:scared:

I'm 50, and have been playing since 99'. Got GT1 demo on my ps1, and got GT2 thru GT6 after
that. Built my own racing cockpit with a G27, custom sequential shifter, and ECCI pedals. I've
been able to stay on pretty steady, but for the past month work is killing my free time!

34, since the beginning GT1 - GT6 & im still crap :)

The offline is easy, golded all games, but online is a different kettle of fish, there's some aliens out there.

34, since the beginning GT1 - GT6 & im still crap :)

The offline is easy, golded all games, but online is a different kettle of fish, there's some aliens out there.
Golded all of them? Including licences? I'm still stuck on getting gold on B-3 (bronze is easy but gold is near impossible for me). I can win all the arcade on hard but when it comes to licences I suck that and anything other than sunday cup. AI definitely have tuned cars, did Yaris race in stock RS 1.5, beaten by 15 secs by a Euro edition! Did clubman in 140HP AE86, lost to an MR-S. Might just get GT Concept and do the thing to get 10 mil. Then buy all the cars and do all the races and then transfer 100k to GT4, do up to IA and do all the special conditions, missions, and any other event that I can do and build up my car collection. GT6 is easy though, beat an RX-7 RZ in a stock 86GT in arcade mode on hardest AI.

I'm 33. Been a fan since 1998 when GT1 came out.
I remember reading a review of GT1 in a gaming magazine, sounded pretty good so I went and bought it, and it just grew on me from there.

I'm 32 been playing GT games since GT1 came out for PS1 when I was in high school. My favorite GT games are 2, 4, 5 and I do like 6 a lot.

Back