How's everybody doing so far? SLS AMG event

• Thread starter R063R
  • 514 comments
1:16.7 clean lap :sly:

No assists apart from ABS on 1 and I made a pretty impressive mistake in the lap costing me 3 tenths minimum.

I did about 20 minutes of running earlier, resulting in a best of 1:20.031 - naff! I thought I'd be on a 1:19.xxx but I've already shaved 2 seconds off my first (and possibly only other complete) lap. Will gear myself up for another go sometime, but B-Spec bob's are out having a play atm...

Got into 1:18.449 after using one of the top 10 ghost laps (some cutting going on there) but I can't work with the active steering - much prefer it off, but I might have to rethink since all the fast times are on it. It's mostly that fast right gander after the hammerhead that's killing me - off the paint and you're either too slow or understeering off, too much paint and up comes the dreaded red. Pity there's no prize for gold on this one, since I don't think I'll be visiting Sao Paulo anytime soon!

Not on the 1.16 lap he didn't, the other laps yeah but he'd screwed tyres by then so didn't matter.

PD really need a report button next to times to weed the cheaters out, otherwise these leader boards are a waste of time. I can see why PD haven't put them in yet - quite frankly we don't deserve them if this is the 🤬 we are going to pull constantly.

The report button would just encourage 12 year olds to report everyone.

DS3, 1:17.750 at the moment, nothing expecial..i know where to improve, i'll work on it just for fun.
Chicago and hammerhead, mostly.

Is the Event Europe only?

Yes. The Stigs American cousin got that infuriated by the concept of right hand corners Mercedes Benz UK(!), which hosted the event, had to pull the seasonal from all regions other than PAL territory. Reports from Asia said troubled fans hurled rocks at the PD office because the seasonal featured not only no MX-5s but also was not held at Tsukuba.

No, it's PAL version only, which extends beyond Europe on occasion ;)

I started at 1:25:xxx and now i am down to 1:20:241. Will keep trying until I beat it. I am using DS3. The red timing is killing me. But it is fun.

I can only manage a 1:19.3 using a DS3. Awful!

I want gold so bad.... never got less than a gold in a seasonal so far... don't start now!

SincereTheRebel
I wish there was a filter to filter out ds3 users from users who use a wheel

Wouldn't do any good there's a ds3 user right up there at the top. No TCS either.

Doing Ok. I started out at 1.24, got it down to 1.17, almost 1.16 with a bit of practice. It requires some light touch on the brakes & smooth acceleration out of the corners. I'm using a DS3.

Does anybody else have huge orientation problems on the Top Gear track? I played that track only 2-3 times before this event. Now I played ~30-50 mins and I still got a problem to find brakepoints and the driving line because everything is so empty... Especially the 3-4 last corners...

I did an 1:18. something...

Yes, I find it really bad. For me I think the lack of curbs means that you can't see the corners coming up. 2nd to last is worst - it kind of blends in. I don't normally go on this track I just find it annoying, the last time was the previous seasonal (Kubelwagen?).

Wouldn't do any good there's a ds3 user right up there at the top. No TCS either.

As i use a ds3 im only interested in other ds3 times. I understand some beast can pull of times similar to guys who use a steering wheel but i would just like to know how im doing in proportion to other ds3 users

Does anybody else have huge orientation problems on the Top Gear track? I played that track only 2-3 times before this event. Now I played ~30-50 mins and I still got a problem to find brakepoints and the driving line because everything is so empty... Especially the 3-4 last corners...

I did an 1:18. something...

Did you not hear DC during the discussion after the event, he had exactly the same issues, insufficient references to get the breaking and Apex clean.

BTW: had a lot of issues to get under 1.20, then decided it was bed time.

I'm currently stuck on 1:20,0 . There's always at least one corner I completely mess up :)

1:16.4 with a wheel. Probably had an hour and a half seat time to get that, spread over a couple days.
Lots more practice. Like heaps of people, I don't drive that circuit and have only used that car in the Licence tests, so there's lots more potential!

I know i´m offtopic, but i have to ask: Is this event for UK members only? had no chance to start my ps3 the last days, so i´m curious about this.

Just ran a 1.16.286 with a DS3, no aids and MT. This is such a fun challenge and i am intrigued to find out exactly how many people have given this a crack.

Proof (look for me around 175 :))

SincereTheRebel
As i use a ds3 im only interested in other ds3 times. I understand some beast can pull of times similar to guys who use a steering wheel but i would just like to know how im doing in proportion to other ds3 users

I hear you but I came to realise a wheel is foremost a sign of dedication and only second the better input method.

If it's of any help use the friends filter to see how you compare to them. Other than that it's just the nature of LBs: to show who's really fast and who's not ;)

I beat my time in the GT-R trophy challenge by two seconds with my G25 - only to beat it by further 2 seconds with my DS3 just yesterday.

Doing 1:19s after just a couple of laps and will settle for golding the event. Shame there isn't any goodie for taking part in this event.

I just about got the gold after about an hour (50 minutes of which was shouting at it for telling me a cheated somehow). I then tried going round the first corner silky smooth to warm my tyres for the next lap but unintentionally took a second off my time :lol:

Managed a 1'15.7 without taking advantage of the ridiculous corner cut at Chicago, and I really don't feel like using it myself.

Probably had an hour and a half seat time to get that, spread over a couple days.

The event is not on 24h yet and people have spent days on it already? :)

I know i´m offtopic, but i have to ask: Is this event for UK members only? had no chance to start my ps3 the last days, so i´m curious about this.

Alll Pal users!

This is how time trials should always be. One car, same setup for all but I'd maybe allow brake adjustments to make no-abs possible to drive. A real challenge and level playing field. More of this PD, please!

Did a 1:15.05 and then checked out the fastest times on replay. Ridiculous corner cutting at Chicago... Just how hard it is to make the track borders follow the lines and cones...? Haven't checked all the top10 replays but I consider myself the "moral leader" at the moment :lol:.

Done a 1:17.777 here DS3 user with all AIDs off except ABS 1, I doubt i'll get any faster than that was realy strugling to keep the car ballanced and on power through Chicargo and Hamerhead without going sideways. Sure is alot of fun though! :D

This is how time trials should always be. One car, same setup for all but I'd maybe allow brake adjustments to make no-abs possible to drive. A real challenge and level playing field. More of this PD, please!

Did a 1:15.05 and then checked out the fastest times on replay. Ridiculous corner cutting at Chicago... Just how hard it is to make the track borders follow the lines and cones...? Haven't checked all the top10 replays but I consider myself the "moral leader" at the moment :lol:.

👍

Nice lap. I'm currently on a .060 11 thousanths behind you without taking the short cut.

My best at T1 was a .378 which is only a few hundreths off of the fastest corner cutter (Dan, sadly).

A bit to go yet, and here's hoping we see less corner cutters in the the top 10.

Managed 2 clean laps after a short run yesterday, best was 1:19.475 but gave up after having to restart after every off or mistake (the invalid lap count goes up and up and up every second you spend in contact with a cone/barrier or off the track, really annoying). May try and improve that today!

I started at 1:25:xxx and now i am down to 1:20:241. Will keep trying until I beat it. I am using DS3. The red timing is killing me. But it is fun.

Now down to 1:18:258 I know I will gold it. Just have to keep at it. Using DS3 with TC1, ASM Mild and ABS1.

Back