If you could add one ground breaking feature for Gran Turismo 5, what would it be?

• Thread starter NeoXenzaka
  • 98 comments
The ability to remove the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo from the game. Or at least make it a complete shambles. :mischievous:

I'd like an Online league/championship creator with real time updates of the championship standings and proper race rules and flags. :)

Groundbreaking to the GT series, I'd want a livery editor added. Creating your own race car out of any car would really make the game so much better.

And like others said, a better track creator. I think they should have done something similar to Mod Nation Racer, where you can basically drive with the analog stick to lay down track exactly how you want, and at what elevation you want.
Yes your so right!

livery editor! why wasnt it in the game in the first place? forza 3 has it and the ps3 is way more powerful then the 360 so why cant we have a livery editor?

but since it probably would be alot of work to update gt5 with a decent livery editor, the chance is higher that im Bill Gates unknown son then the chance that gt5 gets a livery editor:dopey:

but a more realistic feature they could add is the feature to create your own A-spec series:tup:

The car creator or design-your-own-car ideas are also welcomed by me, in fact I created this thread https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125676 about it a while ago.

I'm also intrigued by the traffic-mode Kaz wanted to implement himself, or a 'free roam' city section which could introduce different new gameplay elements or challenges besides only racing or hot lapping.
There's a lot more you can do with cars than just racing and which are also fun to experience, maybe not for everyone but there's plenty of scope proven by other games, only without the realism and physics provided by a GT-game.
Before you say, GT is about racing only, it's called a driving simulator and the fact Kaz thought about implementing a traffic element only further illustrates this point.

I would like to have a fully-functioning wind tunnel, with LOTS of data. That would be awesome.

Open-world gameplay, where you can roam around a city like in real life (traffic system included), and modelling your house. And have to drive to specific places to tune cars or to participate in some events.

Open-world gameplay, where you can roam around a city like in real life (traffic system included), and modelling your house. And have to drive to specific places to tune cars or to participate in some events.

No thanks, would be too much TDU/NFS. A free roam would be great, but the other stuff is overkill.

Actually it ain't as hard as you might think - even just something simple like in Need for Speed Undercover. I remember in that game, there was a body kit you would pop on then you could like resize like air intakes, diffusers, splitters, curvature depth height and width of the rear wing. You would do this just by selecting the but to resize and away you go.

Ig thus cant happen i would at least like more standard aero to put onto cars. After all, it's only shifting a few polygons...

So besides the aero I think a manipulative HUD would be great. You could take everything off but leave stuff on like the tyre indicators and fuel gauge.

I forgot about that, I loved that feature on Carbon :D Havent played Undercover, so I wouldnt know on that =P

Reduce or completely eliminate GT5's epic need to communicate with the online servers at all times. Especially when loading up the game. That to me is a groundbreaking feature.

💡

I'd like to have a 'Real Motor Racing Simulation Mode': with Free Practice, Qualification & then the race with some important general FIA rules implemented, championship Points, Real-Time Stewards AI giving Drive Through Penalties & a recognised Flag System ect. I could go on all day with the details but you get the point.

If only...

👍

An option to B-spec human drivers in online races. Like for example, I'm driving, and you're that person that tells me to pace up and stuff... Would be great too if mics can also be used in communication. If the player doesn't have a mic, a simple command will do. The driver can also reply with either a mic or 2 buttons, one will say "yes", the other "no".

And also a feature to leave out some players as race stewards during online races. That way, penalties can be carried out more efficiently. This one would be a great help to the Online Race Series organizers.

Both features meant to enhance online gameplay though.

Livery Editor.

I'm no artist, but being able to personalize a car even further than a wing or odd paint job no one uses would be welcoming. For example, Animal Crossing was a game that I used to play where players could make custom t-shirts. I was terrible at it but it was pretty fun to try out on a rainy day, and satisfying when I made some interesting patterns.

Does anyone remember the pre-race screen from GT5:P? It had your team inspecting the car in the garage while other cars were on-track. Sort of like a qualifying session. It really added a great racing atmosphere to the game. I'd like them to expand on that, with actual qualifying and stuff.

It is hard for me to decide, but these two are tremendously ground-breaking. They would completely shatter GT to the core. It wouldn't even be the same game. It is likely people would simply stop playing.

</sarcasm>

1) Fix all of the tuning bugs. If I adjust the ride height in the front, then it should truly be the ride height in the front.

2) The ability to more finely control what is allowed in a race. Limiting solely on HP/Weight/PP is clearly not enough.

I would love to see a track editor with freedom, sure it's been said before but...

A driving game with a track editor, full scale track editor has yet to be done.

Ever heard of Simbin's GTR games, GTR2 has a track editor

REAL DAMAGE: fenders denting, falling off, mechanical damage to individual parts, you name it... and each item can be repaired or replaced after the race (some during) at a financial cost... or you can leave it damaged.

and CO-OP.

...there was a game for Sega CD called "Jaguar XJ220" that more or less had the damage system I speak of, jump-in co-op in the career mode (split-screen, game paired off the 20 cars in teams of 2), AND it had a comprehensive track editor that let you select scenery, width, elevation, and turn radius for each section of your track AND it used the custom tracks in the career mode.

Gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_nrp6F6nIE
Track Editor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdIX2SXX-rw

Suck it, next-gen. :)

...or, okay, ground-breaking?

An API on the web. Programmers could build their own tournaments and ladders and set their own rules and receive instant results (or even a live race feed). Imagine how that could help gtplanet.com? And, it's truly a ground-breaking idea for any console video game as far as I know.

Last edited:
Back