IMPORTANT - Event Creator, Will Improve The Career

A superb well thought out idea. I love Gran Turismo and always will do and this idea can take it so much further. PD please take note!

Great idea........Love it. But instead of selecting your grid position, it should be possible too drive a qualification. If this should be online, the idea of having AI drivers in an online event is great. Full grid for every race ;o)

Signed

An event creator/wizard sounds sweet ... just choose restrictions and track, and off you go :)

Possible choices could for example be
*Track
*Drive train
*Tires
*Weather on/off
*Length or laps
*Damage low/high/off
*Event name and Event picture
*Off/online/shared
*Tarmac/Gravel/Snow
*Rally or Race

I posted something to that extent already in some other thread. The absence of a decent race event creator is the one thing that baffles me most, as it would be so easy to create, and obviously the functionality has been developed for online lobbies.

Restrictions need to be adaptable in every way possible, i.e. power, weight, drivetrain, tires, tuning, and, in the absence of performance points, specific cars to choose from. (Maybe weight/power ratio would be a good replacement...?)

Because so much has already been there (and without a doubt is being used by PD to create events), I can only conclude it has been left out on purpose so it can be added in a future update. (although I doubt they will include sharing of race events)

I sign, too. :) DLC is gold. I don't see why this couldn't be a possibility.

And OP, thank you for starting this thread in a mature, polite sense instead of yet another "GT sucks, whine whine whine" thread.

I'm totally in!

Just add more features:
-manually pick cars to participate in a custom event
-choose to race against your bobs
-choose to race against your own cars
-set the limit of changes/tuning of Ai cars (Like the modded cars from Tuned Car Cup)

This is one fantastic idéa.

OR maybe even completely random tracks where you just pick the "theme" and such basic things(if you want) So its just pure excitement what you're gonna face when its done loading. (this "random track" is lacking in some of the A-spec events imo.)

That's an awesome idea! Like in the Gran Turismo rally in special events?

Wouldn't this basically be similar to Arcade with added XP/Credit rewards?
Kind of. This idea would incorporate creating complete race series and enable you to choose specific opponent cars with specific levels of tuning. It's like arcade with XP/credits, but fully configurable and built as a race series/championship with a specific subject. An A-Spec event creator with online-sharable events if you will.

Arcade mode is severely limited in GT5 compared to GT4, but I suppose this feature follows the same principle. The freedom to race any which way you like, but actually fully incorporated into the career.

Great idea........Love it. But instead of selecting your grid position, it should be possible too drive a qualification. If this should be online, the idea of having AI drivers in an online event is great. Full grid for every race ;o)

Qualifications and online AI drivers... two more great ideas :)

The absence of a decent race event creator is the one thing that baffles me most, as it would be so easy to create, and obviously the functionality has been developed for online lobbies.

Restrictions need to be adaptable in every way possible, i.e. power, weight, drivetrain, tires, tuning, and, in the absence of performance points, specific cars to choose from. (Maybe weight/power ratio would be a good replacement...?)

Because so much has already been there (and without a doubt is being used by PD to create events), I can only conclude it has been left out on purpose so it can be added in a future update. (although I doubt they will include sharing of race events)

Wow! Just copy and paste the system PD themselves used to create the race events! Fantastic! That's what they did for the track creator in ModNation racers and we all know how awesome that turned out.
And yes, power-to-weight ratio would be better than using two separate parameters.

And OP, thank you for starting this thread in a mature, polite sense instead of yet another "GT sucks, whine whine whine" thread.

And thank you for showing your support in a similar sense! 👍

Just add more features:
-manually pick cars to participate in a custom event
-choose to race against your bobs
-choose to race against your own cars
-set the limit of changes/tuning of Ai cars (Like the modded cars from Tuned Car Cup)

👍 to all these points.

Wow, thanks for the amazing level of feedback, guys. I leave this thread for a day and it all goes crazy!!!
Keep the support and contributions coming. They'll be greatly appreciated by me and hopefully PD too :)

Last edited:
What an amazing idea. I love it! Hopefully this is something that PD is bringing down the pipeline.

Well done my friend:tup:

In total agreement here.

To be able to play race events with all the great cars from say the 60's and over 10 different tracks would be awesome.

Quick someone flood Kaz's twitter acount ;) Go on you know you want to. :)

Brilliantly exposed idea. And as someone else suggested, we should be able to race online with some friends against IA.

Technically, this feature should be really easy to implement. Now let's hope someone from PD reads it...

Thanks PedanticNerd 👍

Arcade mode is severely limited in GT5 compared to GT4, but I suppose this feature follows the same principle. The freedom to race any which way you like, but actually fully incorporated into the career.

Actually, I find the reverse is true. I find GT4 was severely limited because it didn't allow us to enter our personally-tuned vehicles. GT4 we were limited to cars in the Arcade menu, in other words. GT5 we can enter our own cars. What are you seeing that's different?

Technically, this feature should be really easy to implement.
It really would be. So much easier than PD having to create and implement more events themselves, which we potentially wouldn't be happy with anyway. I think snowgt was getting at the fact that all PD has to do for this is copy and paste the software they used themselves to create events. There isn't much to it.

Actually, I find the reverse is true. I find GT4 was severely limited because it didn't allow us to enter our personally-tuned vehicles. GT4 we were limited to cars in the Arcade menu, in other words. GT5 we can enter our own cars. What are you seeing that's different?
You could enter your own cars in GT4 by selecting from the memory card, which would give you access to every car you own, not just 100 of your favourites.
And other than that, you could choose any car in the game in any colour, instead of just 50-odd preselected ones. Kinda defeats the object of progamming 1,031 cars...

In all seriousness, the reason I came up with this idea was a mixture of shock at how limited the career was and more shock at how limited the arcade mode was.
I maintain that this is the easiest way to win back the playability lost by the unexplainable reduction of those two areas. After all, single-player is my main area of play in GT or any games. I can't let anyone take that away from me, least of all in GT, the mother of single-player gaming.

Back