iRacing Pro series discussions

• Thread starter marchi
  • 43 comments
Infineon yesterday. After having some trouble at the start and having a damaged car for the first stint, managed solid 2nd and 3rd ones to claim a 9th position. Happy :)

Infineon yesterday. After having some trouble at the start and having a damaged car for the first stint, managed solid 2nd and 3rd ones to claim a 9th position. Happy :)

Hell yeah man a top 10 is an awesome finish 👍. Congrats. Just curious how long did it take you to get your pro license then get into the DWC? How long do you practice to prepare for the races?

Last edited:
I suppose it was a 👍 :D

It did take a season, as it is the system now. Joined the iracing Grand Prix Series in season 2 last year and finished 7th earning a Pro License. In Pro Series (2011S4) I finished 24th after a very bad season and got the PRO/WC license for being among the top 25.

As for the practice I take for every race it mainly depends of the time I have and motivation. For example, for this one I took around 7-8 hours probably as for the last ones I had much less time (for Road America it wasn't even 2 hours, and you can see how awful was my qualy and race there despite being my favourite circuit and the one I perform always in an awesome way).

I suppose it was a 👍 :D

It did take a season, as it is the system now. Joined the iracing Grand Prix Series in season 2 last year and finished 7th earning a Pro License. In Pro Series (2011S4) I finished 24th after a very bad season and got the PRO/WC license for being among the top 25.

As for the practice I take for every race it mainly depends of the time I have and motivation. For example, for this one I took around 7-8 hours probably as for the last ones I had much less time (for Road America it wasn't even 2 hours, and you can see how awful was my qualy and race there despite being my favourite circuit and the one I perform always in an awesome way).

Haha yeah I meant 👍 lol. It was late post.

That's cool it only took you the one season trying to get the pro license. I would like to try and get a pro license one day, but I'm a long ways off for now. Need to build my irating up a lot more to even be in contention. I just don't know if I would have the time to put into it that's why I was wondering about how much time you practiced. I guess it would be different depending on the person. Some people will need more practice than others. I would need all the practice I could get haha.

I know that the top 25 in the pro series goes onto the DWC, but what happens to the bottom 25, or however many it is, in the pro series? Do they keep the pro license and get to try again next time or do they go back to A license and have to qualify for pro again?

I just wish that our F1 was more like real F1 with more of the official F1 tracks and different compound tires with kers and drs. The car is great to drive and all, but just wish they could update it.

People out of top 25 in Pro Series is demoted to A class again. It was lucky that I could qualify for DWC as I had a very bad season there.

2012iGPWCSR10.jpg

:scared::scared::dopey::dopey:

Good luck Daniel! Do you know how long before the race will be in the archives section on the /live page? I probably won't be able to catch it live but like to check it out. Road Atlanta is one of my favorite tracks.

Very impressive indeed 👍

How were you able to gain a DWC (WC?), then a Pro License if you dont mind me asking (and being too lazy for me to research on my own :D)?

You have to finish among the top 10 in one of the three first seasons in the A class series. In Road, it's the iRacing Grand Prix Series :)

That is to get the Pro License. The bottom 25 of the DWC will join those 30 qualifiers from class A to fight at the Pro Series, held at season 4 every year.

The top 25 in that competition earns the PRO/WC license, which is the maximum license you can achieve and gives you the opportunity to qualify and race in next year iRacing World Championship season.

The top 25 of each World Championship keeps his license for the next season, so I have a secured seat for the 2013 iRacing World Championship GP Series or whatever they're going to call it :dopey:

My personal way to get this was: 5th at class A series in 2011 S2, 24th in 2011 Pro Series (yep, a difficult season and almost got out the top 25) and now, 15th in 2012 DWC :)

Back