~Japanese Auto Celebration Shootout~

• Thread starter ryangt
  • 1,220 comments
Damn, I just read the comments you gave on my car. Quite harsh. Not that I'm offended, but maybe you lack the precision to run the car well using DS3.

Eh…could it be an online tune as well? I know you tune mainly for online, so could that have been part of why it didn't perform so well? And if you don't mind, I'll take it for a drive as well and give my thoughts on it, I don't generally believe in any tune to be awful to that extent, only that the tune requires a different touch to getting it to perform, so leave it on for a bit more and I'll see if my thoughts fit that of the testers.

Eh…could it be an online tune as well? I know you tune mainly for online, so could that have been part of why it didn't perform so well? And if you don't mind, I'll take it for a drive as well and give my thoughts on it, I don't generally believe in any tune to be awful to that extent, only that the tune requires a different touch to getting it to perform, so leave it on for a bit more and I'll see if my thoughts fit that of the testers.

It´s written at the end: In any case, I highly recommend no-one drive this car. This is not a review, this is pearl harbor !!!! 👎 :grumpy: I´ll test it myself later. I just can´t believe this coming from a guy who produce so high quality touge tunes.
More strange when you read the nomis review first.
SolidSnake7735
Wonderfully agile. At Tsukuba, the limiting factor is traction out of the bumpy corners. Occasionally the LSD just spins the outside wheel. The ability to kick the rear out on demand with the throttle is very useful, (not just for showboating! but also) to reposition the car if a braking or turn-in point is missed. Very nicely balanced, nice work.

It´s written at the end: In any case, I highly recommend no-one drive this car. This is not a review, this is pearl harbor !!!! 👎 :grumpy:

Mate, I know we both feel very strongly about negative feedback towards a tune, any tune, but I think that was merely a bit of humour to lighten the mood of the piece. :P Driving style is obviously another factor in this, I suppose. I like my car's with some lift off oversteer while the next guy could hate it like the plague.

I need to test this out for myself , who is hosting this car ? if it is still on share ofcourse ....

I will take into account that driving styles are very different but i just need to try it .
Offcourse the DS3 part could be a big factor but not that big .

I´ve tested the SolidSnake7735 - RX-7. This is a very planted tune, not very sharp, steady line ,perhaps too steady for medium / good drivers, but perfect for anybody who want to learn the driving line of any track without been worry with the control. It´s very safe. Of course it´s not fast, 1.5 second slower than a more aggressive tune, but still very good for beginners.

><(((((°>°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Damn, I just read the comments you gave on my car. Quite harsh. Not that I'm offended, but maybe you lack the precision to run the car well using DS3.

It wasn't about precision. It felt okay at Tsukuba but frustrated me to no end on Suzuka. I just didn't enjoy my time with it at all. Like I mentioned in my review the thing just refused to grip mid-turn. I said what I said simply because I wouldn't recommend the car, nothing more to it. I feel like the car has so much more to give, but it's being limited in a way, I dunno.

ugabugaz
It wasn't about precision. It felt okay at Tsukuba but frustrated me to no end on Suzuka. I just didn't enjoy my time with it at all. Like I mentioned in my review the thing just refused to grip mid-turn. I said what I said simply because I wouldn't recommend the car, nothing more to it. I feel like the car has so much more to give, but it's being limited in a way, I dunno.

Well, I run/tune with DS3 steering sensitivity at -2 for a greater range of control. In regards to precision, I would account not only steering, but throttle/brake inputs (i use the triggers, as opposed to face buttons).

That cars has a lower front damper compression than the rear so as to maintain a constant push and predictability. The ideal technique for cornering with this particular FD is sharp braking (as opposed to pressing long & hard) with precise steering and a bit of of weight control to use the dampers to your benefit.

Since in touge you're constantly battling tire wear and elevation changes, the car is set up to have a, predictable arse and a strokeable front end. Nomis' description is quite close to how it's driven :lol:

Well, I run/tune with DS3 steering sensitivity at -2 for a greater range of control. In regards to precision, I would account not only steering, but throttle/brake inputs (i use the triggers, as opposed to face buttons).

That cars has a lower front damper compression than the rear so as to maintain a constant push and predictability. The ideal technique for cornering with this particular FD is sharp braking (as opposed to pressing long & hard) with precise steering and a bit of of weight control to use the dampers to your benefit.

Since in touge you're constantly battling tire wear and elevation changes, the car is set up to have a, predictable arse and a strokeable front end. Nomis' description is quite close to how it's driven :lol:

I use the DS3 quite a bit differently than you it seems. My Sensitivity is at 7 (Max) and I use the two sticks for steering (1-Left) and gas/brake (2-Right).

ugabugaz
I use the DS3 quite a bit differently than you it seems. My Sensitivity is at 7 (Max) and I use the two sticks for steering (1-Left) and gas/brake (2-Right).

Ahh I see. Yeah the stick for gas/brake are marginally slower than the triggers for pseudo heel-toe inputs. I can see why it would be unnerving to throw the car's weight around running that setup. I guess I just love the pressure-sensitive feeling of the triggers lol

Thanks again Ryan for a fantastic Shootout...... I can't wait for our next combined effort, I may not be no PS3 at the moment, (As BF3 is runing my life on PC) but I'll most certainly be keeping an eye on these forums......

I'm really interested in Motorcityhami's challege.... Rally Vs Street sounds very interesting

Sincere congrats on the third place finish. There is good company up here on the 520 podium. Much respect to Roj too. I like what I see in his tuning method and the speed of his tunes speak for themselves.

Thank you Sir. I'm not sure I'd be in your company had there been a few more testers. Ryan did me a big favour by setting some pretty fast times.

D'awww you guys. Man-hugs? :dopey:

Brah-hugs all round..!!

Man, am I missing GT right now. Whose idea was it to move house..??

{Cy}

Thank you Sir. I'm not sure I'd be in your company had there been a few more testers. Ryan did me a big favour by setting some pretty fast times.

Brah-hugs all round..!!

Man, am I missing GT right now. Whose idea was it to move house..??
{Cy}

useally the missus , and us guys end up doing all the work , after wendy read you guys we're moving she mentionend something like that casually if you know what i mean ... good thing i can pretend my headset is to loud :D

still working on getting prize cars out please Winners and testers post your price cars on the thread on pm me what you want, if you dont post the cars you dont get one that simple. if you want to know if you won look here.

useally the missus , and us guys end up doing all the work , after wendy read you guys we're moving she mentionend something like that casually if you know what i mean ... good thing i can pretend my headset is to loud :D

Keep her away from Facebook then, the photos I posted last night will probably mean you need to turn the headset up a bit :sly:

{Cy}

I also would also like to thank all of the people that were a part of this shootout.

Ryan for hosting it and coming up with a very interesting concept (it was like three shootouts in one :D ) and to all the testers for running my fat, slow tunes... I'm sorry :(

And a special thank you the Harvey for loaning me the Toyota that gave me the slowest time and a Prius. :dopey:

Great shootout everyone!!!

XDesperado67
@krenkme what Toyota are you talking about? The truck?:odd:

Yep the truck. The LFA is a "Lexus" :lol::lol::dopey:

Thanks for sending me the truck for me to tune. I owe you. :D

Last edited:
Yep the truck. The LFA is a "Lexus" :lol::lol::dopey:

Thanks for sending me the truck for me to tune. I owe you. :D
Nah you don't owe me.
Besides for some reason low mileage versions of it, the SSR and SST keep showing up for me. Got all the 0/0 and low mileage trucks I need currently.:drool:

Back