Dampers (Extension): 5/6
Dampers (Compression): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/6

Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.05/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/5

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
I wasn't expecting that much when I saw this car. But god it's quick. Not fast, but quick. I can't explain it any other way.

Chevrolet Camaro SS Nürburgring Edition
705 BHP @ 6400 RPM - 88 KGFM @ 5400 RPM - 1318 KG

RedBullHangar-7.jpg

Base Model
Chevrolet Camaro SS '10 - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
0/20

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.726
2nd Gear: 2.465
3rd Gear: 1.781
4th Gear: 1.351
5th Gear: 1.076
6th Gear: 0.900

Final Gear: 3.450
Max Speed: 340 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 11
Acceleration Sensitivity: 32
Braking Sensitivity: 18

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 13.0/14.2
Dampers (Extension): 7/8
Dampers (Compression): 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 5/6

Camber Angle: 2.4/1.8
Toe Angle: 0.00/-0.05

Brakes

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
When you consider that this is a massive V8 engine boasting 705 horsies and almost 900 newtons of torque, all packed into a muscle car shell, total weighing in at 1318 kiloes, this thing handles like a dream. It has an occaisional hint of not knowing whether it wants to under- or oversteer, but usually it stays on the line. Does like to fishtail a bit though. And another thing, this car is not fuel economic. I measured it to 1.8 KM/L, or 4.2 MPG =P

Also, it runs 6:38 on the 'Ring. Hence the name.

JG. I just (finally got some time) got around to giving the Camaro a rip. The tune is very good. I had been running 1:14's around deep forest and on my second lap with this tune was able to run a 1:11.834. To put that into perspective, my faster Viper ACR fully modded and tuned is running 1:11.7's on the same track (though it's not really a viper type of track) and it makes 400 more HP. So good work!

Couple of thoughts though... the car seems a tad disconnected from the chassis. I mean, sometimes I feel like it's awfully sloshy... I'm not sure why though, because ur spring rates seem to be rather taught. But it was an observation. Also... I wonder if some more speed is able to be found in tuning the transmission and then re-tuning the LSD? But, I assume this tune was done a bit more rapidly as you left the trans "detuned".

Just some thoughts though.

It'll be featured in a future review along with a few other cars.

Cheers...

JG. I just (finally got some time) got around to giving the Camaro a rip. The tune is very good. I had been running 1:14's around deep forest and on my second lap with this tune was able to run a 1:11.834. To put that into perspective, my faster Viper ACR fully modded and tuned is running 1:11.7's on the same track (though it's not really a viper type of track) and it makes 400 more HP. So good work!

Couple of thoughts though... the car seems a tad disconnected from the chassis. I mean, sometimes I feel like it's awfully sloshy... I'm not sure why though, because ur spring rates seem to be rather taught. But it was an observation. Also... I wonder if some more speed is able to be found in tuning the transmission and then re-tuning the LSD? But, I assume this tune was done a bit more rapidly as you left the trans "detuned".

Just some thoughts though.

It'll be featured in a future review along with a few other cars.

Cheers...

It's possible... I might rework it later, I always come back to tunes at one point or another.

Ferrari 458 Italia Nürburgring Edition
591 BHP @ 9000 RPM - 58 KGFM @ 6000 RPM - 1232 KG

NrburgringNordschleife_15.jpg

Base Model
Ferrari 458 Italia - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast

Aerodynamics
0/40

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.204
2nd Gear: 2.191
3rd Gear: 1.619
4th Gear: 1.243
5th Gear: 0.992
6th Gear: 0.822
7th Gear: 0.708

Final Gear: 5.060
Max Speed: 340 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 6
Acceleration Sensitivity: 52
Braking Sensitivity: 7

Suspension
Ride Height: -16/-1
Spring Rate: 11.6/16.4
Dampers (Extension): 4/8
Dampers (Compression): 2/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 1/6

Camber Angle: 2.5/2.0
Toe Angle: -0.05/-0.10

Brakes

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments
I was sort of dissapointed with the handling of this beast when I got it. The engine was perfect, hence me leaving it completely stock. The handling just wasn't made to match. But by god, it is now. Laps the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a mind-numbing, tire-blistering 6:38.656.

I did a 6:32.656 with the same power on default settings. The 458 needs very little adjusting to make it fast. All you need to do is kill the tire consumption, make it more stable in corner entry, and its a early 6:20's easy at 591hp.

I did a 6:32.656 with the same power on default settings. The 458 needs very little adjusting to make it fast. All you need to do is kill the tire consumption, make it more stable in corner entry, and its a early 6:20's easy at 591hp.

I use a DS3, and am no more than a mediocre driver =P Default setting time for me was almost 6:50 =P

It seemed to work last time, so... WHO WANTS A FREE TUNE? Feel free to specify a track to be tuned on.

The first car I ever tuned was the FTO... But the best to date is probably the the SLS or 458, so pick one of those, as those two, being the best, will probably be the "flagships".

Nah, I already did a Jaaaaaaaaaag. And funny you mention the ZR1, I just bought one, RM'ed it and maxed it earlier today. First of all, I couldn't hear my BGM due to the engine =P Secondly, that thing is mind-blowingly fast. 6:12.350 with a DS3 and no aids except ABS @ 1. And only using a basic tune, I could probably shave 5 seconds off that with a better tune =P

As promised, here's the 458 review, not done on the 'Ring though.

Ferrari 458 Italia review:
Before
Power: 576hp (approx.)
Weight: 1232kg
Tyres: Sports hard
PP: 580

Well, it’s a Ferrari, so what do you think it’ll be like? Pin sharp handling, huge speed, wonderfully balanced with a hint of pantomime, drama and a lot of hooning and tyre smoke keep you entertained. Couple this to the wide, open playground that is the Top Gear Test Track and you’d have something which should be driving heaven, only without the scenic views. But, sadly, the 458 rather falls short on some of the points listed above. For a start, it doesn’t go like you’d expect it to. 571hp in a car weighing 1232kg should be a recipe for time-warping performance in a straight line, but it just doesn’t feel that fast. And then there’s the cornering. On entry, the car feels fantastic, lively but controlled, compliant yet aggressive. But what happens afterwards is a wayward mix of understeer, oversteer and knife edged handling. Midway through the corners, it will push wide and on exit, it’ll snap around and try to catch you out with mental high-angle drifts. If it does catch you out, you’d be wrestling the car out of the grass constantly or be sent head first into the nearest wall or off the track. If you can control it though, it’ll hold a graceful drift while towing a wall of smoke out of the turn. But you’d normally be too scared to try that. Why? Well, this car has a tendency to twitch under braking, it’s quite unnerving sometimes but just terrifying at others. Another problem is that it attacks the redline with ruthless aggression in the first three gears. Which makes cornering at low speeds tricky because when it hits the redline, the rear tyres will give up gripping and you’ll start sliding. And chances are, when the backend kicks out, you’d crash. This car is easily the hardest car to control when it’s sideways if you aren’t prepared to be twitching the steering to guide it back in line. So, quite a tricky little b****** to drive then. And with a laptime of 1:19.814, it’s not that much faster than a 300hp honda S2000.

After
Power: 576hp(approx.)
Weight: 1232kg
Tyres: Sports Hards/Racing Softs
PP:587

Hmmm…what should I talk about first? The smoother handling? The fact that the car is easier to push to the limits? Hmmm…Ok, simply put, this is the car it always should have been (if we can forgo the wings and lips and sticky out bits it’ll be even better, looks a bit too excessive, I think). The steering is just as sharp, the car is just as exciting, but behind the tyre destruction, the beautiful looks (better without a wing, as I say again, but it’s still a looker with it), and the lightening responses, is a car that gets close to being perfect. It isn’t though. The brakes are still a little edgy, brake too hard and give the steering a nudge, it’ll start getting wayward. The tyres don’t feel connected to the road on slow corners, it feels like it’s on ice. But once you look at the fastest lap, you’d forgive it for these faults. It did a scarcely believable laptime, on the wrong tyres, of 1:15.590. 4 seconds faster! If that time alone isn’t enough to show the improvements, let me put it this way. A Ruf RGT tuned by one of the most respected and renowned tuners on GTPlanet (Rotary Junkie) with 531hp and 1170kg in my hands can lap this place 1:14.2xx, and that car had was on sports softs and weighed less than this did. Now imagine what type of times it’ll do on Racing Softs. Actually don’t, I’ll just tell you. It did a lap a very controlled and undramatic lap of 1:07.385, 12 seconds faster than stock. In fact, I’m willing to bet if you took the tyres down to sports softs, it’ll be around 5-7 seconds faster than stock and will easily run rings around the RGT. This car goes through a character change when the tyres are swapped. It felt a bit tricky on sports hards, even with the wing, downforce felt minimal. But slap on a set of racing softs, and suddenly it becomes more dignified, less oversteery, less of a prancing stallion, more of a fire-breathing race car. Which means it has lost some of its Ferrari blood, but you really won’t care when the engine is charging up towards the 9000RPM redline and a corner is coming up. The Italia has become complete, if you like. A bit of Ferrari blood to keep you entertained, and a bit of race car DNA to remind you what it’s for. Perfect.

You know, I had my doubts when I saw that racing tyres were needed. Not because it’s an expensive way of getting more grip, not because it was always going to be overkill, but because it would mask the car’s bad points and dull out the good points and replace it with sheer grip. And this is definitely the case here. The car’s good areas, the fun, the slight sense of danger and the bit of waywardness, all of it was taken away once the slicks went on. Now that might make the laptimes faster, but the driving experience is somewhat diluted now. Still, that’s enough whinging and nagging, because this is still a great car. Flawed, but perfect.

Laptimes: (Tested on TGTT)
1:19.814 (before)
1:15.590(after, sports hard)
1:07.385(after, racing soft)

I admit, I never actually tried running it on Sports tires, maybe I should, and tweak using that baseline... Hmm... But anyways, you can have a request if you like ;D

Well, try running it on sport soft tyres, they provide enough grip for most cars. And as for a tune…I have nothing I want tuned yet, so I'll just hold on to it for now. Oh and word of warning, don't be surprised if when you come back to this page tomorrow or later today you find it flooded with paragraphs of spam from me, cuz I might want to try some of your other tunes.

Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Model 905
905 BHP @ 6900 RPM - 114 KGFM @ 4900 RPM - 1100 KG

LagunaSecaRaceway_1.jpg

Base Model
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Racing Modification

Tuning Shop
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Carbon Propeller Shaft
Fully Customisable LSD
Racing Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast

Aerodynamics
34/52

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.968
2nd Gear: 1.935
3rd Gear: 1.452
4th Gear: 1.139
5th Gear: 0.933
6th Gear: 0.784

Final Gear: 3.260
Max Speed: 400 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 20
Acceleration Sensitivity: 32
Braking Sensitivity: 14

Suspension
Ride Height: 0/6
Spring Rate: 14.5/16.5
Dampers (Extension): 7/9
Dampers (Compression): 6/8
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/6

Camber Angle: 2.7/2.2
Toe Angle: -0.10/-0.15

Brakes
Brake Balance: 8/4

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments
If satan existed and ever came to earth, this is what he'd be driving. A phenomenal sound, and smokes tires like they were made of paper. Oh, and backfiring causes 3-foot flames. Or something. Just promise me one thing. This car handles ok, but don't treat it like a Lancer or Impreza. If you want good times, you have to handle it like what it is. A 900 HP American muscle car.

Also, it goes around the 'Ring in 6:09, with 2 minor trips into the grass, totalling about 5 seconds, and with a DS3, in the hands of a mediocre driver. In short, it's fast. Very, very fast.

Alright, I've finally decided. I will be hiring another tuner. Preferably someone with a wheel, so we have different inputs. It will obviously also require a name change of the tune shop, but I don't have a problem with that.

Also, the free tune offer is still up =P

hmmmm…if the free tune offer still stands, how about tuning a car to compete in the Top Gear Challenge you joined? And my review of the AEM S2000 will be posted tomorrow due to Mother's day and my mum dragging me around.

If the suspension and crumbs wasn't included in the price limit, I would, but really, you can barely afford an LSD after buying the car itself =P

Well, I just picked up a Golf GTI MK1 for like 13,000 cr so that'll leave me with 12k to spend on the car. Anyways, you don't need fully adjustable suspension, just go for the cheap option of the height-adjustable kit, it let's you change the camber and height of the car while leaving you with enough money left to spend on power and the diff.

I'm going to give your ZR1 (RM) a crack around Laguna (American car, American track) and let you know how it geos. Current tune on it is fairly solid, from another tune posted somewhere.

After some initial comparison between my previously used tune & this ZR1 tune, I can say it feels quite good. My ZR1 (RM) has ~4,600km on the clock, & of course I did an oil change prior to doing the tests. Testing was performed on Laguna Seca.

Racing softs
Manual trans
ABS = 1
All other assist off
Grip reduction - Real
Damage - Off
Sensitivity - 1
Driving with a G27 on a cockpit. Not the greatest driver, plus a little tired.

Original tune: 1:19.483. The negatives to it were it was rather twitchy under brakes, and when applying power I had to be very careful. It was still a failry solid performer.

Remembering I only did about 30 minutes with this tune, I think I have to trial it a little longer, but my initial opinion is it a good tune. The twitchy-ness I had with the other tune has somewhat gone but it still occurs (something to do with the amount power going to the rear wheels :P ), albeit not as noticable. It is alot easier to put the power down upon exiting a corner though, so it holds the road a bit better. The transmission settings seem to have helped alot with this, and the LSD appears to fit the tune nicely.

This tune tends to understeer more at the same given speed but it is managable and adds a level of 'fun'. It does hold itself better through the corkscrew though, which is a difficult section at the best of times.

Current Time: 1:19.118

I would say more but I need to drive this tune more and on more tracks before do.

Thanks for the breif review, not quite long enough for your free tune though =P But add the additional your talking about, and you can have it ;D

I wasn't chasing a freebie tune, just thought i would give some feedback on your tune based on another i was using seeing as there wasn't any yet 👍

But in saying that, I will add more once i run it a bit more. Prob run it on a series of tracks for more variety.

Last edited:
Back