Dampers (Extension): 7/6
Dampers (Compression): 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3

Camber Angle: 2.2/1.6
Toe Angle: 0.00/0.10

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Let's face it. Most of these Japanese concept cars suck, big time. This was a partial exception. It was better than most of the others, but was oversteering like crazy. It doesn't anymore. In fact, now, it can probably leave quite a few cars in the 5-600 HP class behind. I haven't run it on the 'Ring yet, but I'll update this post when I have. Also, it understeers a little in tight corners. But everything has a price.

Good to see you tuning with sports soft tires, was it tricky? I'll give this one a go later and post its review with the AEM S2000.

Actually this one wasn't too bad =P It was slipping and sliding like god knows what stock, but it was also doing that on RS tires, so eh =P

Honda HSC Mk 2.0
481 BHP @ 8100 RPM - 48 KGFM @ 6400 RPM - 1140 KG

CtedAzur.jpg

Base Model
Honda HSC '03 - Aquired via Grand Valley 300 KM Event

GT Auto
Oil Change
Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
0/20

Power Limiter
100.0%

Transmission
1st Gear: 3.305
2nd Gear: 2.285
3rd Gear: 1.773
4th Gear: 1.469
5th Gear: 1.232
6th Gear: 1.041

Final Gear: 3.780
Max Speed: 310 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 23
Acceleration Sensitivity: 53
Braking Sensitivity: 22

Suspension
Ride Height: -15/-15
Spring Rate: 13.1/8.9
Dampers (Extension): 7/6
Dampers (Compression): 4/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3

Camber Angle: 2.2/1.6

Brakes
Brake Balance: 5/6

Driving Aids
Tuned with everything off except Driving Line (affects nothing for the car) and ABS at 1.

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Let's face it. Most of these Japanese concept cars suck, big time. This was a partial exception. It was better than most of the others, but was oversteering like crazy. It doesn't anymore. In fact, now, it can probably leave quite a few cars in the 5-600 HP class behind. I haven't run it on the 'Ring yet, but I'll update this post when I have. Also, it understeers a little in tight corners. But everything has a price.

Mmmmm, this looks like it could be right up my alley.Should give this a bash later. ;)

Mmmmm, this looks like it could be right up my alley.Should give this a bash later. ;)

Please do me a favour, in the future, if you absolutely must quote the whole post, at least remove the picture? It clutters up the page =/ But thanks ;D

AEM S2000 review:
Before
Power: 460hp
Weight: 1155kg
PP: 561
tyres: Comfort soft

This is a S2000 on drugs. And it’s not like steroids either. More like cocaine or morphine. Either that, or it’s drunk. It rolls and wallows its way through corners and will very rarely grip. Which is expected from the comfort softs. What I didn’t expect though, is that this car 460hp can’t actually get to the road efficiently. you spend most of your time doing burnouts and sitting in a cloud of your own smoke. Hmmm…this car really is the definition of ‘All show, no go’. All those sporty stickers and logos make it look like a racer, as does the completely pared down remains of the interior. But really, behind the flared arches and the screaming engine is a car of little sporting credentials. You cough up 100,000 cr. for a car that’s more suited to being a cruiser rather than an all out racer. But it does have some potential to be a supercar crushing monster. Just not in this set up. Put it this way, it lapped the Top Gear Test Track in 1:24.634, a Nissan Silvia S15 built on a budget of 25,000 cr did a lap in 1:25.556, barely a second slower. Not a good car to start with.

After
Power: 460hp
Weight: 1155kg
PP: 561
tyres: Comfort softs/sports soft/racing soft

I think I may have found the first ever 400hp+ car that works on comfort softs. This car twitches and slides, as you’d expect, but it’s very rarely a problem. You can floor it without any worries of wheelspin…until the turbos spool up. But even then, it’ll only get as far as twitching before it finds grip and goes. Cornering is a tad bit trickier, but for a high powered, light-weight, turbocharged version of a very twitchy car, it isn’t bad at all. It’s now got what it takes to become a proper supercar beater. I’m not going to try to beat a supercar, but I know it can. It lapped the track in 1:22.773, 2 seconds faster than stock on the same tyres. This has some serious potential now. Now, put some sports softs on it, lets see what it can do. And what it can do, is an unbelievably fun and stable lap of 1:14.199. 10 seconds quicker than stock. And even on these grippier tyres, it’s still a bit of a drifter in the turns. A lot less than before, but still a little tricky to manage. Good for keep you on your toes, bad if you’re in a serious racing situation because it’ll act like the b****** it is without warning. But give it the the tyres it was designed for, and watch the laptimes tumble. It was 5 seconds quicker than when it had sports softs on. 5 seconds! And unlike the 458, this car actually feels like it was designed from the start to use those tyres to their limit. The 458 was a road car that just so happens to drive well on racing slicks, this is a car that should have come with slicks from the start but just happens to work on crap tyres. But I still think it’s overkill though, it can handle the power on sports tyres with just a hint of smoke on occasion which, if anything, adds a little bit of excitement to the whole driving experience.

Laptimes: (tested on TGTT)
1:25.556 (before)
1:22.773 (after, comfort soft)
1:14.199 (after, sports soft)
1:09.586 (after, racing soft)

Lol don't worry about it, I haven't got much that I want done, I just review cars cuz I like to (sad right?).

Please do me a favour, in the future, if you absolutely must quote the whole post, at least remove the picture? It clutters up the page =/ But thanks ;D

Sorry mate,normally do-but I was posting from my phone. Will do in future:tup:

@ Onboy, I think its brilliant mate. Actually following your reviews as well :)

Right…as of now, all three of my reviews for JG’s tunes were tunes made for racing softs, which means that they can’t really be compared with RKM’s work (They’re the people who I’ve done reviews for until now). So this is the first time I can see JG’s tuning ability without the need of removing anything from the tune.
Honda HSC review:

Before
Power: 468hp
Weight: 1140kg
PP: 550

If ever there was a car which deserved to be labeled as one of the most underrated cars in GT5, this gets very close to being a perfect example. Behind the rather weird and (I think) rather good-looking body, is a car which, with all the power mods done, will rip the tarmac ahead of it in two. It doesn’t accelerate down the straights, but rather it takes all the cliches of describing acceleration and uses it to fuel the engine. In short, its fast. and I mean REALLY fast. Especially for a car with just 470hp, it goes, and feels, like driving a thunderstorm. Even the soundtrack seems to back this fact up. It’s a heavy, low rumble with the traditional high pitch Honda scream played over the top. In the corners, it continues embracing the thunderstorm simile, because it feels very big on turn in, like that dominate black cloud in the sky, but it responds with the reflexes and the delicacy of lightening. I’m surprised, I thought it would be ok at best, but it’s better than that, much better. It takes the ‘Lotus Elise with more power’ cliche and stretches that description to its limits. It’s fantastic to drive. Shame is, it doesn’t have much of a sense of humour. It’s too edgy to be fun, too precise to be enjoyable. If you catch even a slight sense that it wants to slide and try to correct it before it happens, it won’t forgive. It bites. And it bites as hard as it possibly can, which is very hard. Enough to hurl you head first off the track at over 120mph. Still, being pretty much level with the AEM S2000 on sports softs in terms of laptimes can’t be a bad thing, can it. In fact, it was only 0.2 of a second off (well, give or take a few hundredths of a second) with a lap of 1:14.325. See, one of the most underrated cars in GT5.

After
Power: 468hp
Weight: 1140kg
PP:552

With the setup changed, it’s become…well, the same. Just more of it, and it now has a safety net in place, if you like. It won’t just snap into oversteer when it loses grip, it won’t instantly punish you for being a fool. It’ll toy with you first, scare you, thrill you with its slides and edgy handling, using the wayward backend as a warning rather than a weapon. It’s good fun to drive now, you can toy with it just as it toys with you. It’ll still catch you out with the odd nervous twitch, but it won’t make you crap yourself when it does let go. Mind you, just because it’s more forgiving doesn’t mean it’s going to let you take liberties with it. To drive it fast, you really have to put your neck on the line and give it your all. If you’re the type of person who drops from 100% concentration and effort in a race to 80% or 60% when your rivals are dropping behind, this isn’t really the car for you. It demands full attention, no, it needs full attention. It won’t accept any less than that, but will reward you if you deliver your all. And I was thinking that, right up until I was shot off the track going 140MPH (!!!!!!) for the 5th or sixth time round. ****! It’s such a b****** this car. But somehow, I love it. I love it in the same way I love RKM’s NSX (If you didn’t know, and chances are, you don’t, I’ve fallen completely in love with that car, one of the few car’s I shall never sell. Ever.), and that’s just about the best car they’ve ever tuned and certainly the best I’ve driven. This is even faster, but at the cost of driver-friendliness. And it’s because of that, it can’t take on the NSX just yet. Close though. Especially for a first effort at sports softs, its really, really close. Now, if only I could get this b****** to listen and do three consistent laptimes, then we’ve got the perfect combination of underrated car and underrated tune shop.

Laptimes: (tested on TGTT)
1.14.325 (Before)
1:12.095 (After)

God I love the way you use metaphors <3 And yes, it does look sexy, and yes, the sound is magnificent <3 Also, I think I'm gonna have to try that NSX tune when I get home from school and work today...

Also, that was sort of the point of the tune. Giving it a "safety net". Making it decidedly driver-friendly was near-impossible, so I settled for the next best thing =P

Well, that's how I get such high marks in English test, just get really flowery and cheesy with words. And if you want to get more replies and people, how about build a car to aim for something outrageous, like say RKM or MFT or RVR (not as ambitious a target as the others, but still). Either that, or get adrenaline to review some of your cars, cuz it always seems to boost people's interest in a tune shop if he says something good (well, that's from what I've seen, but you've been around for longer than I have, so what do I know).

I also think that RKM and MFT have been around since GT4, that gave them some fans up front. But RVR still mystifies me... And what do you mean to aim for something outrageous?

Well, you could either make big and aggressive claims to draw attention, but it could turn you into the bad guy, or you could tune some cars which are completely flawless, one or two should be enough, and have someone do a comparison review of it with another tune shop's version. If it goes well, you might gain some attention, of it doesn't, then correct the problems highlighted by the review and then have a rematch. Chances are, you'd have them on the second try...still, these are just some things you could do, I'm sure you could think of better ideas than that.

Edit: oh yea, did you try their NSX yet? It's a good benchmark to aim for, as it easily beats cars with more power and is so easy to drive.

Last edited:
Well, you could either make big and aggressive claims to draw attention, but it could turn you into the bad guy, or you could tune some cars which are completely flawless, one or two should be enough, and have someone do a comparison review of it with another tune shop's version. If it goes well, you might gain some attention, of it doesn't, then correct the problems highlighted by the review and then have a rematch. Chances are, you'd have them on the second try...still, these are just some things you could do, I'm sure you could think of better ideas than that.

Edit: oh yea, did you try their NSX yet? It's a good benchmark to aim for, as it easily beats cars with more power and is so easy to drive.

No I didn't try yet, only just got home =P

Ok, I tried it. I'll admit, it's good, .8 seconds slower around Nürburgring GP/F than the HSC, which has almost 100 HP more, but it's not the miracle machine that you make it to be, IMO. In fact, I'm gonna see if I can make it better.

Good luck, many have tried very few have succeeded. The car's main appeal is to be fast, but also to maintain the easy controllability. I know, I've reviewed it at least 4 times. So if you're going to retune it, try to keep that part of it.

Last edited:
For me, the outside wheel is spinning way too much, and just general oversteer. So that's what I'm gonna fix. So far it's going ok, shaved .3 seconds off the original time and IMO even easier to control, if a little more understeer.

Hmmm... You may want to show Roj (the guy who tunes it) the setting changes, and see what he thinks of it, afterall, if you he likes it and posts or giving you some credit, that could be quite an advertisement for this tune shop.

Bump. I know I promised an NSX tune, but I just got F1 2010 which I've been playing, so it won't be for a few more days :P

Honda NSX-R - Roj Revisited
393 BHP @ 7300 RPM - 43 KGFM @ 6200 RPM - 1051 KG

Kyoto-Gion_1.jpg

Base Model
Honda NSX Type R '02 - Aquired via New Car Dealership

GT Auto
Oil Change
Aero Parts

Tuning Shop
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Carbon Bonnet (Body Colour)
Window Weight Reduction
Rigidity Improvement
Engine Tuning Stage 1
Sports ECU
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Catalytic Converter: Sports
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tires

-------------------

Ballast
Ballast Amount: 0 KG
Ballast Position: 0

Aerodynamics
0/20

Power Limiter
However much is needed to get to the lowest 393 HP you can.

Transmission
1st Gear: 2.887
2nd Gear: 1.963
3rd Gear: 1.481
4th Gear: 1.158
5th Gear: 0.936
6th Gear: 0.771

Final Gear: 4.130
Max Speed: 340 KPH

LSD
Initial Torque: 15
Acceleration Sensitivity: 55
Braking Sensitivity: 35

Suspension
Ride Height: -25/-25
Spring Rate: 11.5/11.5
Dampers (Extension): 8/8
Dampers (Compression): 6/6
Anti-Roll Bars: 6/6

Camber Angle: 2.0/1.5

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7/6

Driving Aids

-------------------

Tuners Comments
Alright, I'll let times speak first:

Deep Forest Raceway
Roj's tune: 1:19.296
My tune: 1:18.104

Nürburgring GP/F
Roj's Tune: 2:08.334
My Tune: 2:07.783

Good. First a disclaimer. I give Roj full credit for the all transmission settings, and the base for the suspension seetings. LSD is the only thing that is from scratch by me. And now for the actual comments on the tune. Firstly, this tune will not work on all tracks. This car seems to be one of those that requires a special tune for each curcuit. But this is about as close as you get to an all-rounder tune for this S.O.B. This tune was based on Deep Forest Raceway, which is an... Unorthodox track, to say the least. But it works fine on tracks like the GP/F curcuit, albeit it takes a bit more effort. Also, I've removed most of the slide that, for me, killed Roj's tune. It still slides, but this is controlled powersliding. Roj's for more like fishtailing.

Also, a word of warning. If the rear tires happen to lose grip completely, DO NOT floor it to force them into regaining traction. This car does not like to be forced. It will punish you. But at the same time, if you follow that one word of warning, this car is very easy to drive.

Hmmm... Well, since I did think of this, I guess it's only right that I review it...but that'll be tomorrow

I gave your settings a quick test on Trial Mountain to start off with and immediately I see that it's a complete revamp and not just a tweak of the original, which is good. The behaviour of the car is completely different, which is kind of off-putting because I'm looking at the same car yet it's behaving like it's something else. I may have to buy another NSX just so my mind knows I'm driving two different cars. :lol: Yes I'm an odd one.

To put the differences simply, your tune is more stable, can put it's power down better and the brakes are more effective at high speed, which are all plus points but then that causes some downsides. Your tune feels more understeery than mine around corners, the brakes cause understeer on corner entry because of the strong front brakes and it doesnt seem as eager to turn in. To sum up, you've tamed the car maybe too much for my driving style.

Really though, I'm faster with my car and JG is faster with his, purely because of our driving styles. So really, we need a neutral 3rd party to make an unbiased review.

As far as laptimes go, my NSX did 1:28.9 and JG's was around 1:29.3. Like I said it was a quick test and I'm sure JG's car will go several tenths faster with more laps and mine should lose a few tenths too. I think these two would put down identical laptimes in the hands of someone who could drive both to their maximum.

Just tried out both tunes on Deep Forest and although i couldn't really feel much difference between the to, apart from the stiffer springs on GfxJG's tune, handling wise as they both handled pretty well. I did manage a faster lap with GfxJG's setup though.
Roj's Setup
1:18.678 best out of 3 laps

GfxJG's Setup
1:18.089 best of 3 laps

Both cars a great and i now have a new love for NSX's cheers reminding me about this car :P

Last edited:
The Honda NSX-R, it&#8217;s been one of my top ten favourite MR cars in GT5, and largely because of the tune. The setup has been refined time and again so that the end result is a car that strikes the balance of grip, agility, power, speed and fun like no other. And driving it again for this review just reminds me of all these things and reinforces it with a v-tec roar. Words cannot really describe how much I like this car. Yes, it may not have the most power in the world, yes, it can get a bit snatchy when you mess up, but non of these things really matter when the track is empty, the V6 is singing and you enter a corner. Any corner. There&#8217;s no fear of a spin, just a lot of laughs, a fair amount of smoke, a little bit of a scare, and a lot of power, and a lot of noise. Ok, I admit, under braking, the rear of the car will get lively and get twitchy if you push it, and the steering is a bit nervous sometimes. But these seem to be the only faults I could find, the &#8216;fishtailing&#8216; that JG was talking about didn&#8217;t really exist. Either that, or the TGTT is just too flat for that. But anyways, if it does get a bit too lively, just tread on the power more carefully when you drive it, it&#8217;s not too difficult a task to do, is it? And what was it Roj was saying about the Camaro RM being the fastest sports soft tune they had? This car, with a very happy and twitchy Onboy at the wheel/controller, did a lap of 1:11.903. To put into perspective of how fast that is, a TVR Tuscan RM on the same tires lapped this track just a second faster. And that has front and rear downforce, more power, much lighter etc.
So, with it being so fun, so fast and so refined, I was already thinking &#8216;Was I drunk when I asked JG to try to rival this car?&#8216; the moment he responded to the request. But he&#8217;s done the tune, and now all that&#8217;s left, is to see how it stacks up against RKM&#8217;s signature car (well, that&#8217;s the tune that I think we all like the most, so that&#8217;ll be the signature car, correct me if I&#8217;m wrong though). And it&#8230;well, it&#8217;s consistently slower in my hands, there&#8217;s some understeer even if I do what I&#8217;m not suppose to do and kick the arse of the car out, it&#8217;ll just slide while pushing off the track. Couple that to the still very sensitive steering and awkward brakes, and it&#8217;s not too hard to see why it can&#8217;t beat the RKM NSX. Well, that&#8217;s until you get on to lap 3-4. In those laps, you&#8217;ll start to learn how to drive it properly. You&#8217;ll get to know how late you can brake, how much power the tires can take, and the end result is that, regardless how hard you try, there&#8217;ll still be a very oversteery, very pesky NSX-R with the RKM setup running ahead of you. But that&#8217;s not to say this can&#8217;t beat it, on lap 9, it finally got pass with a lap of 1:11.593. Sadly, I spent the next 2 laps chasing after the new ghost and spent those two laps running off the road because I pushed too hard. It&#8217;s&#8230;um&#8230;I don&#8217;t know&#8230;I think I&#8217;ve run out of things to say at this point, because although JG and Roj said that they wanted an unbiased tester to do the review, I don&#8217;t think I&#8217;m the best for that job. I love the NSX as it is with the RKM tune, so it would be natural for me to pick at the flaws in JG&#8217;s. But the fact of the matter is, I can&#8217;t find anything that would be a potential disaster on the track. Yes, it understeers more, but I always find that it&#8217;s never been that much of a problem if you back off just a bit, and then booting it. If you did that, the oversteer will be back, but it&#8217;s a different emotion being communicated through the steering when it does slide. It&#8217;s not fun and exuberant, more anger and hate. It&#8217;s too serious, especially when I&#8217;ve taken to painting my NSX in an AMG matte gray, it looks and behaves too grown up for this 13 year old boy&#8217;s liking.
Put it this way, if I had to drive an NSX for the Grand Valley 300km race and I could pick a tune to run the car on, my mind, my logic would choose JG&#8217;s tune. It forces you to concentrate on keeping the tail in check and I think would be faster in the long run. But my heart (you can tell I&#8217;m running out of vocab to use, can&#8217;t you), my emotions would say run with the RKM tune, be slightly slower, burn the tires out a little quicker, but I&#8217;ll have more fun pulling ridiculous drifts coming out of the slower hairpins and covering the tunnels with smoke. JG&#8217;s tune can do that as well, but it can&#8217;t do it as effortlessly, with as much ease and style as RKM&#8217;s can. And it&#8217;s that little bit more fun in the RKM NSX that makes it more special, more of an all rounder. JG did a good job tuning this NSX. It&#8217;s no easy feat matching a car that has had 3 years development by someone who is arguably one of the best tuners on GTP, let alone be faster than it. But personally, I think where this car falls down on, is fun. It&#8217;s fun, just not as fun as Roj&#8217;s.

Final thoughts? Well, if you want to go fast in long distances, take JG&#8217;s tune. It&#8217;s a very easy one to use and will run rings around&#8230;well, just about anything. But if you&#8217;re willing to sacrifice some speed for some fun, then go for RKM&#8217;s. It can pull slides so big and fill the track with such a thick layer of smoke that chances are, the track you&#8217;re racing on will be smeared in tire marks. Me? I&#8217;d take&#8230;um&#8230;oh dammit&#8230;um&#8230;&#8230;I&#8217;d have the RKM one&#8230;more fun&#8230;but then I know I&#8217;ll look a fool when someone uses JG&#8217;s tune and beats me so um&#8230;oh screw it, I need more cash, especially for two NSX-Rs.

Laptime: (tested on TGTT)
1:11.903 (RKM)
1:11.593 (JG)

Edit: Just noticed, this review is my 300th post :D YAY!!!!

Back