Karelian MotorWorks - Updated with Racing Elise!

• Thread starter Temetias.
  • 220 comments
TEMETIAS!!!!!!! Where have you been?! I know you liked 1/4 drag, but really, come back to the circuit every now and then, eh? :lol:

You know, I've been thinking about that a lot lately but I just hadn't got the time. :) I'm getting a bit bored of the 1/4 too so who knows, I might just wonder back here sooner or later. But hey, notice how I immediately replied to the post here? I'm not that "gone" as you think! :lol:

You know, I've been thinking about that a lot lately but I just hadn't got the time. :) I'm getting a bit bored of the 1/4 too so who knows, I might just wonder back here sooner or later. But hey, notice how I immediately replied to the post here? I'm not that "gone" as you think! :lol:

Yes!!!/Nooo!!!! You're back! But don't ever be bored of drag racing, we need it as a past time to keep things interesting. :D And I need to beat you with your my ACR, you know, the one you hated. :P

And hate to break it to you mate…you weren't that 'immediate'. :lol:

Yes!!!/Nooo!!!! You're back! But don't ever be bored of drag racing, we need it as a past time to keep things interesting. :D And I need to beat you with your my ACR, you know, the one you hated. :P

And hate to break it to you mate…you weren't that 'immediate'. :lol:

I'll see if I can do a some sort of comeback. ;) And no, I'm not quitting drag racing, I just don't have the time to reach for the top of the leaderboards and try to earn some sort of "pro"-status, like I used to.

By the way, I got myself an ACR, again. And I still hate it. :lol: And it's useless in circuit racing too. :lol:

I'll see if I can do a some sort of comeback. ;) And no, I'm not quitting drag racing, I just don't have the time to reach for the top of the leaderboards and try to earn some sort of "pro"-status, like I used to.

By the way, I got myself an ACR, again. And I still hate it. :lol: And it's useless in circuit racing too. :lol:

Good. :D Gooder. :dopey: What do you mean 'used to'? Like in GT4? And I wonder what the first car is going to be…Begins with 'R', ends with '7' and does it have an 'X' in then middle? :lol.:

Just because I beat you with a Viper SRT/10 with a VTEC strapped to its 6th gear. :P And the gears in the car has now got close enough to smell the baboons' backside when transferred to your ACR. (i.e it's very close to Mafs thing)

Anyway…since Nomis started the whole '90s theme for you, how about finishing it with one of the Supra's rivals? Say…an R34, or a Mitsubishi GTO or……an RX7. ;)

Good. :D Gooder. :dopey: What do you mean 'used to'? Like in GT4? And I wonder what the first car is going to be…Begins with 'R', ends with '7' and does it have an 'X' in then middle? :lol.:

"I used to" meant like the last 6 months. :lol: XR7? 7RX? I don't get it... ;)

Just because I beat you with a Viper SRT/10 with a VTEC strapped to its 6th gear. :P And the gears in the car has now got close enough to smell the baboons' backside when transferred to your ACR. (i.e it's very close to Mafs thing)

That's cool, we gotta race someday then! :) But I don't have tunnel tuned vipers a lot so I might beat me big time.

Anyway…since Nomis started the whole '90s theme for you, how about finishing it with one of the Supra's rivals? Say…an R34, or a Mitsubishi GTO or……an RX7. ;)

We'll see. I've tried both of the car's you mentioned and I didn't quite like them. GTO is BIG and feels like a boat. And I've never liked RX-7 FC as much as the FD, so I doubt that. I think my comeback might be something new. (new meaning not-KMW-related) I think all the other KMW guys don't have the interest to pick up where we left and I feel like going solo is better option for me.

"I used to" meant like the last 6 months. :lol: XR7? 7RX? I don't get it... ;)

That's cool, we gotta race someday then! :) But I don't have tunnel tuned vipers a lot so I might beat me big time.

We'll see. I've tried both of the car's you mentioned and I didn't quite like them. GTO is BIG and feels like a boat. And I've never liked RX-7 FC as much as the FD, so I doubt that. I think my comeback might be something new. (new meaning not-KMW-related) I think all the other KMW guys don't have the interest to pick up where we left and I feel like going solo is better option for me.

Goof. It begins with 'R', has 'X' in the middle and '7' at the end as I said. :P I know you knew what I meant, but still. :lol:

I'll just run 1/4 with you then, it should still be just as effective there. :D

Hao about the R34? Or any Skyline GTR in fact? (NOT THE BLOODY R35, I HATE THAT THING :lol:). Well you're choice, but it does seem a bit of a shame to close down the collaboration like this…

Hao about the R34? Or any Skyline GTR in fact? (NOT THE BLOODY R35, I HATE THAT THING :lol:). Well you're choice, but it does seem a bit of a shame to close down the collaboration like this…

NO! :lol: I hate GT-R's exept the R32. But I don't exactly adore that one either. But I'm not exactly sure what I'm gonna do. I'll think about it. :)

Hey Temetias,
Long time no speak. Glad to hear you're still keeping an eye on KMW!

Anyway…since Nomis started the whole '90s theme for you, how about finishing it with one of the Supra's rivals?
Yeah, Temetias, what he said!! ;) I went through all that pain beating a God-awful Supra into shape (ok, I admit it was rewarding to get it to actually go around corners in the end) and then there's no KMW sparring partners for it??! Guess I made it too good and scared you off!! <just teasing>

I think all the other KMW guys don't have the interest to pick up where we left and I feel like going solo is better option for me.
I'm still sour about PD's physics ninja-edits, and haven't played GT5 for a while. But I'm always keen to help workshop your tunes (whatever garage they happen to be released in). Maybe it'd get me re-addicted and I'd start making my own tunes again (note to self: must publish Tons of Fun "Beluga Whale" SL65 on here sometime soon) someday, I've still got a very long list of cars I was wanting to tune.

Cheers,
Simon

Y U HATE ON GODZILLA?! :lol:

Erm…NSX? Fiat 500? :lol:

Well, I started my NSX back then, so I might just give it some tweaks and finish it. :)

nomis3613
Yeah, Temetias, what he said!! :) I went through all that pain beating a God-awful Supra into shape (ok, I admit it was rewarding to get it to actually go around corners in the end) and then there's no KMW sparring partners for it??! Guess I made it too good and scared you off!! <just teasing>

Yup long time no speak! Well, I'll try to find myself some time to start doing KMW stuff again. :) So, it was 550pp 90's japanese cars, eh? I'll try if I can come up with something to whoop the turbo beast. ;)

I'm still sour about PD's physics ninja-edits, and haven't played GT5 for a while. But I'm always keen to help workshop your tunes (whatever garage they happen to be released in). Maybe it'd get me re-addicted and I'd start making my own tunes again (note to self: must publish Tons of Fun "Beluga Whale" SL65 on here sometime soon) someday, I've still got a very long list of cars I was wanting to tune.

What do you say if we'll try to come up with some sort of new system for the physics edits? I've heard that the physics haven't changed after 2.0 so hopefully PD isn't doing their old ninja-edits anymore... But hey, I'll PM you soon about it and we'll figure out something to make our work easier. And I'll try to update the first post too, it's been looking like that for ages! :)

Yup long time no speak! Well, I'll try to find myself some time to start doing KMW stuff again. :) So, it was 550pp 90's japanese cars, eh? I'll try if I can come up with something to whoop the turbo beast. ;)
Yup, that's it. Sounds great.

What do you say if we'll try to come up with some sort of new system for the physics edits? I've heard that the physics haven't changed after 2.0 so hopefully PD isn't doing their old ninja-edits anymore... But hey, I'll PM you soon about it and we'll figure out something to make our work easier. And I'll try to update the first post too, it's been looking like that for ages! :)
Cool, looking forward to your PM and ideas about physics changes (unfortunately they were still messing with tyre wear physics in 2.02 so I don't think they've changed their sneaky ways.

Finally I have a PSN account, username is nomis3613. I'm happy to share any of the cars I've tuned, just send me a Friend Request and let me know which ones you'd like on sharing.

Now for the SL65 Tons of Fun tune...

SL65AMG.jpg

SL65 "Beluga Whale" '11
Based on SL65 AMG '04
Tuned for v2.01 offline

London Laptime: 55.0 (thanks moparisgod)

Facts
Max. Power: 928 BHP
Drivetrain: FR
Weight: 2218 kg
Power to Weight Ratio: 2.39 kg/BHP
Performance Points: 611

Parts to buy

GT Auto
Oil Change
Rear Wing Type A

Tuning Shop
Window Weight Reduction
Engine Tuning Stage 3
Sports ECU
Racing Air Filter
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Sports Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
High RPM turbo
Fully Customisable Transmission
Twin Plate Clutch
Fully Customisable LSD
Fully Customisable Suspension Kit
Sports Soft Tyres

Setup

Body / Chassis
Ballast: 200 kg at +50
Downforce: 0 / 20

Transmission
1st: 3.78
2nd: 2.51
3rd: 2.06
4th: 1.70
5th: 1.32
Final: 2.00
Max Speed: 300 km/h

Drivetrain
Initial Torque: 11
Acceleration Sensitivity: 14
Braking Sensitivity: 5

Suspension
Ride Height Adjustment: -15 / -25
Spring Rate: 12.5 / 10.0
Dampers (extension): 9 / 4
Dampers (compression): 6 / 4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2 / 2
Camber Angle: 2.7 / 2.0
Toe Angle: -0.35 / +0.30

Brakes
Brake Balance: 7 / 8

Driving Options
Transmission: MT
TCS: OFF
Skid Recovery Force: OFF
Active Steering: OFF
ASM: OFF
ABS: 1
Controller Sensitivity: 3

Designed to compete in xDesperado67's "Tons of Fun" shootout, this is one heavy land yacht. To retain the GT character, the handling is softer and more predictable than you would expect of a race-car. And the rear wing is butt-ugly (I paid the price for that in the photomode comp!) but does the job in holding the rear to the ground. Note that the power-band is 5500-5600rpm, it very quickly runs out of breath above this. Race in style, with a martini in one hand- enjoy!

I thought your PSN name was urbuer...something or other? :lol: But send me a FR, I still need to try your Supra and SL properly.

Onboy, SL65 and Supra are up on sharing, let me know if you'd like to thrash anything else in the KMW collection.

Right…I currently don't have the time for writing long rambly reviews like I did for Temetias, but I'll try and do my part for you, just wait a bit first. I need to find you on my list.

Also…your Supra still only has 700hp…but my RZ with millions of miles on the clock has 720…:odd:

Yeah, the Supra is designed for 550PP, so it hasn't got all the grunt possible under the hood.

Also, my particular car is a bit of a mess. Originally I got to that hp with only Stage 1 engine upgrade (too keep the cost down a bit), but I forgot about this when doing some testing, so "accidentally" took it to Stage 3. So that particular has some downgraded parts and power limiting to get back to the specified PP.

I'm keeping an eye on the UCD for another Supra to start from scratch with, but also wondering if it's better to a) keep the cost down (Stage 1 engine) or b) make it easier to turn up the hp (Stage 3 with power limiter), for example if they are in a 570PP race. Any thoughts are welcome!

Yeah, the Supra is designed for 550PP, so it hasn't got all the grunt possible under the hood.

Also, my particular car is a bit of a mess. Originally I got to that hp with only Stage 1 engine upgrade (too keep the cost down a bit), but I forgot about this when doing some testing, so "accidentally" took it to Stage 3. So that particular has some downgraded parts and power limiting to get back to the specified PP.

I'm keeping an eye on the UCD for another Supra to start from scratch with, but also wondering if it's better to a) keep the cost down (Stage 1 engine) or b) make it easier to turn up the hp (Stage 3 with power limiter), for example if they are in a 570PP race. Any thoughts are welcome!

I can send you a high miler? If it's PP specific, higher mileage should also allow for more power than a low mileage one…and I want a low mileage one so could you send me the screwed up low miles one? :D

Wow, mention a Supra and everyone comes out of the woodwork!

@nomis3613: I still have one of your Supras. I could give it back if you add me again?
Hi, great to hear from you again. Thanks for the offer, it would be really handy to have another Supra if you don't need it any more. FR sent.

I can send you a high miler? If it's PP specific, higher mileage should also allow for more power than a low mileage one…and I want a low mileage one so could you send me the screwed up low miles one? :D
Sweet, a swap would be great, thanks. Check your PMs. :D

@nomis3613: Send you the Supra. I believe it's more your return than the Supra making everone come out... ;)

Ok&#8230;some quick tests for Nomis to spend 5 minutes to read through, and I realise that most of the tunes are pre-Spec II, so I have done you guys the justice and kept that in mind. Also keep in mind that, shootouts aside, I haven't done this for a while, anyway&#8230;moving on&#8230;

//All tests done on Trial Mountain Forward, ABS: 1, everything else off, manual, grip reduction: Real//

Ferrari F40 Core Edition- 1:33.159

Erm&#8230;Holy 🤬, this is really, really fast. And, though I'm not sure about it in Spec I, it's just&#8230;lightning quick to respond. It's the definitive prancing pony transformed into a razor sharp speed machine. This car reminds me of my beloved Lotus Esprit M600, if only more refined and better to drive. Both wielding over 600hp, both just as demanding, and both, though this was probably unintentional for the F40, are just as brilliantly terrifying to drive. What I said about KMW in my first review is definitely holding true here. "On the edge fun, on the edge handling, with a droplet, like »-« this much, of health and safety." And don't be fooled by the hideously slow time, I just got too scared of ruining that neat paint. And also ran out of talent.

Audi RS6 KMW Wagon++ - 1:27.301

What hell is this thing&#8230;? More power than god, heavier than a whale&#8230;and goes like a cruise missile. I know the RS6 is a pig, I've driven quite a few, was very close to death in all of them at a certain point of the testing phase. And this is no different. It's no tank, but it's no hot hatchback either. But it does make quite a good effort in trying, it's sharp enough, but it can't hide its sheer size. It's responsive, but still manages to retain some grace. Get it wrong? Well, there's some understeer, maybe from the ludicrous +1.00 toe, but it does stick to the track like it's on rails. Most the time, anyway. Other times, mainly when braking, the back will attempt to overtake the front, often resulting in you taking that corner in the most spectacular way, crabbing across the apex before exploding onto the next. This wagon is a truly shocking achievement, and if it were just a bit more agile, I wouldn't be able to tell it apart from something like a Intgera until I saw it. Speaking of Integra&#8230;

Honda Integra Type RR- 1:27.458
Well&#8230;it's fast. Being just under a second slower than the KMW Wagon but with less than half the power available, it's an astonishing achievement. Racing tyres or not, the fact that I pulled that kind of time out of the box with room to spare kind of sums this car up. It feels relentless, like it will happily accelerate on forever. Or at least, until you see 139mph on the speedo. Then, no matter what you do, you stop there. But the thing is&#8230;most cars do that in a straight line. This car does it&#8230;everywhere. However sharp the corner, however hard you have to push, this will continue to pile on the speed and noise.

Anyway&#8230;now&#8230;though these cars are hardly comparable, if I were to choose&#8230;I'd take this:

Why? Just for how much it reminds me of the Noble M600 and my Esprit M600, it takes it just for that alone, without even getting on to the truly hair raising drive when you're on the edge.

Note: Nomis, I noticed something odd about the last 2 cars&#8230;the 3rd gear in them were all ridiculously short in comparison to the others. Was that a deliberate move?

Now&#8230;Nomis, put the DB7 on share&#8230;I need some inspiration for mine. :P

@nomis3613: Send you the Supra. I believe it's more your return than the Supra making everone come out... ;)
Awww, thanks. Temetias and I will do out best to post reasonable lap times, won't come close to the lightening-quick numbers you were able to run! Hope things are going well for you.

Ok&#8230;some quick tests...
Many thanks, I always enjoy your reviews.

The Ferrari F40 tune has always been on a knife edge (haha "health and safety free", I like your wording!), good to hear that Spec 2 hasn't dulled that edge.

Were you wondering why it is such a hideous colour?? Well, the story is that during development, it just refused to stop understeering, no matter what settings I changed. So I threatened it "if you don't damn well stop understeering after this change, I will paint you the most disgusting colour I can find". Clearly the prancing horse thought I was bluffing, so lime green with lurid pink wheels it is! (luckily, later on I got the handling into shape)

As for the RS6 rear toe, at the time I was convinced the extreme toe worked. Everyone else thought I was crazy and, looking back, I wonder that maybe I was! If the tune ever gets updated, I'll start with a clean sheet for the rear toe and see if I end up with the rear wheels pointing at the gear lever again...
(I agree that it's not a very "nice" car/tank to drive. The tune has been designed for speed, unfortunately that leaves the driver just to provide the correct inputs and the only excitement is the celebration at the finish line)

Looking back, there's something strange about the Integra's spring rates. They look really soft on paper, but then you drive it and suddenly you're getting airborne over kerbs...

Note: Nomis, I noticed something odd about the last 2 cars&#8230;the 3rd gear in them were all ridiculously short in comparison to the others. Was that a deliberate move?
Well spotted, sir. My theory is that the gearing should be closest for the gears you spend most time, often 3rd and 4th. So with a tall 2nd (with sports soft, wheelspin means a short 2nd has little benefit) and then widely spaced 5th and 6th (for the occasional long straight), this means 3rd and 4th are tightly spaced to keep you near peak power.

Now&#8230;Nomis, put the DB7 on share&#8230;I need some inspiration for mine. :P
Your wish is my command! Done.

Many thanks, I always enjoy your reviews.
No problem, I always enjoy driving tuned stuff from you guys, the fact you enjoy it is just another bonus. :)

The Ferrari F40 tune has always been on a knife edge (haha "health and safety free", I like your wording!), good to hear that Spec 2 hasn't dulled that edge.

Were you wondering why it is such a hideous colour?? Well, the story is that during development, it just refused to stop understeering, no matter what settings I changed. So I threatened it "if you don't damn well stop understeering after this change, I will paint you the most disgusting colour I can find". Clearly the prancing horse thought I was bluffing, so lime green with lurid pink wheels it is! (luckily, later on I got the handling into shape)

It isn't really health and safety free, it's just not the priority. :lol: It seems to be 'enough to keep you alive, but…erm…that's it.' :lol:

Meh, I don't mind it. Though I nearly did empty out my dinner, my lunch, my breakfast and the dinner from the night before when I saw it at first. :yuck: :lol:

As for the RS6 rear toe, at the time I was convinced the extreme toe worked. Everyone else thought I was crazy and, looking back, I wonder that maybe I was! If the tune ever gets updated, I'll start with a clean sheet for the rear toe and see if I end up with the rear wheels pointing at the gear lever again...
(I agree that it's not a very "nice" car/tank to drive. The tune has been designed for speed, unfortunately that leaves the driver just to provide the correct inputs and the only excitement is the celebration at the finish line)

Well…I wouldn't say it doesn't, as SolidSnake7735, another tuner on here, also has a habit of running toe at +0.40 or above and the cars all drive fairly brilliantly. But I just don't get the logics of it…doesn't it reduce the car's agility or something…?

The RS6 is only going to drive good if it has a good driver. Not really for the housewife. :lol:

Looking back, there's something strange about the Integra's spring rates. They look really soft on paper, but then you drive it and suddenly you're getting airborne over kerbs...
I'm guessing it's the wings and downforce? And run a car hard into the kerbs and it'll lift off, regardless of what it actually is. I got a Fiat Panda on its side once. :lol: Stock suspension as well.

Well spotted, sir. My theory is that the gearing should be closest for the gears you spend most time, often 3rd and 4th. So with a tall 2nd (with sports soft, wheelspin means a short 2nd has little benefit) and then widely spaced 5th and 6th (for the occasional long straight), this means 3rd and 4th are tightly spaced to keep you near peak power.
Ah…I see, so there is some logic behind the madness, however silly it seems on paper. :lol:

Your wish is my command! Done.
Good…now I might start to learn what the DB7 needs to get it to play nice…it's just slithering about on ice for me…

Hi Sileighty,
Thanks heaps for using the request form. The link to your review is broken, sorry to be a hassle but I'd love to read the review so could you please fix it.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi Sileighty,
Thanks heaps for using the request form. The link to your review is broken, sorry to be a hassle but I'd love to read the review so could you please fix it.

Cheers,
Simon

Err&#8230;nomis, looking back in the thread's post history, he's only posted just that once, so there is no review to read. Sorry. :indiff:

But hey, on the bright side, I've been needing someone to post before I commit the sin that is a double post regarding that DB7 you've built. :dopey:

Just wait, I need to refresh my memories a bit&#8230;

Edit:

Trial Mountain Forward, manual, all aids off, DS3, grip reduction: Real

Aston Martin DB7 GTS- 1:35.480 (ABS OFF)

First things first. Y U NO TURN ABS ON?! It's bad enough that this thing isn't exactly small, the fact that the sodding ABS is off on the test car means that this should just fail to multitask, lock up while turning and go head first to the nearest wall. It doesn't. It will lock up, if you forget that it's off, or just hurtle into a corner at 140mph, but then, what the hell else do you expect the car to do? It's still a 1.3 ton GT with near 600hp. No, what you need to do is to drive it like a GT. It's not called the GTS without good reason. Drive it smoothly, left foot/finger brake into a corner if you need to, just don't get into a frantic panic with it and all will be well. My biggest issue with this now is the understeer caused by putting the ABS on and the slightly erratic feeling you'd get with it off. It can feel relaxed, but it doesn't feel natural for some reason. But as a whole, this is miles better than the stock version. I would know, I spent the last week trying to wrestle one around the track to no avail.

Last edited:
Back