Kazunori Yamauchi tweets!

• Thread starter alba
  • 6,425 comments
JamboGT
Front exit exhaust can pass gases over the front wing! More downforce!

And also if a bird or some other critter is in the wrong place at the wrong time hed get sucked straight up the pipe, blown through the exhaust manifold and kaboom goes the engine, not to mention the horrifying mess im sure would be left behind in the process, i prefer my exhausts rear facing thanks.

ch3ng
Yes that´s true. The post was according to the Nurnburg topic.

Cars are another topic and no other exept EA was willing to pay the price for a porsche exklusive.

AND EA, Turn10, for example would be willing to pay the price if it comes to a nurnburg exklusive.

F1 licens??? Again some story here. The others didn´t make an offer. So the exklusive goes to Codemaster. And again this will not happen to the nurnburg scenario.
As you can see even EA is not willing to pay for another exklusive (Pagani, Porsche?)

back 2 topic? pls

What?

We speak English in this forum not "text speak". Basic use of capitalization, punctuation, grammar, syntax, and sentence structure are a reasonable rule to follow. No? The key word is "basic". GTPlanet staff does not expect us to write as if we are scholars. If English is not your native language, please don't think I am mocking or berating you.

Back on topic: Does anyone else think Kaz I'd oblivious to the fact that the 24hrs of Daytona is going on this weekend? Why not have a Seasonal Event to commemorate it!

And also if a bird or some other critter is in the wrong place at the wrong time hed get sucked straight up the pipe, blown through the exhaust manifold and kaboom goes the engine, not to mention the horrifying mess im sure would be left behind in the process, i prefer my exhausts rear facing thanks.

You do realize the exhaust doesn't suck anything in gasses are flowing out of it. It would be practically impossible to have anything sucked into the exhaust if say a bird flew into the exhaust and got stuck all that would happen is the car would stall. I think you are thinking of the air intake and that is what your air filter is in place to prevent. though having a front facing exhaust would not help anything ever it would probably rob the car of performance due to the air trying to go up the pipe and mess with the back pressure really bad at high speeds

By every other game only referring to only forza 4?

Driver Sanfrancisco, too. RUF CTR3's in that game.

Ruf CTR 3 (2010)
Ruf CTR Yellow Bird (1987)
Ruf RK Coupe (2010)
Ruf RK Spyder (2009)
Ruf Rt 12 (2010)

Then we look to Forza 4: RUF RGT-8 & the RUF RT 12 R. Very current.

Look to GT5: Standards. The newest RUF is a 2000 model. Pathetic. Lay off the GTRs and NSX's. Give us some diversity.

Last edited:
mikeonthebike
I wonder if Kaz is at Daytona for the Rolex 24hr? A lot of big names are teamed up together this weekend. http://www.grand-am.com/

Live timing

http://grandam.racersites-cluster.com/OrbitsServer/grandam/TimingView.html?sid=2377&VN=90849

EDIT Off topic but those new Daytona Prototypes are awesome. I would buy a DLC with those instantly.

The new Corvette Daytona Prototype
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CDSSKXiszg">YouTube Link</a>

[Like]

We can only hope!

though having a front facing exhaust would not help anything ever it would probably rob the car of performance due to the air trying to go up the pipe and mess with the back pressure really bad at high speeds

this is how 2011 F1 cars are designed, they blow exhaust gases onto bodywork during deceleration to create additional downforce

mvpers
this is how 2011 F1 cars are designed, they blow exhaust gases onto bodywork during deceleration to create additional downforce

Link?

Can see being off the gas pushing out much air. The throttle body blades will be closed. Pulling air past some will open these. However the motor vacuum. So it will pull the throttle blade open some because of this. But there is little compression of air meaning very little going out.

If your right. I'd like to understand it. Hence asking for a link.

One 2011 car was designed like that, and it was more the exhaust being directed downwards underneath the car than strictly forwards. It was simply referred to as forwards-facing because the exit was mounted so much further forward than the normal position. It's more correctly referred to as a forward exhaust exit. It didn't blow the bodywork, it blew the underfloor to increase downforce.

And it wasn't exactly successful either. By the end of the season Lotus-Renault was being routinely destroyed by cars with more conventional setups. It was an interesting idea that didn't really go anywhere.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/trends-2011-exhausts-and-diffusers/

OwensRacing
Link?

Can see being off the gas pushing out much air. The throttle body blades will be closed. Pulling air past some will open these. However the motor vacuum. So it will pull the throttle blade open some because of this. But there is little compression of air meaning very little going out.

F1technical.net I think. Or any website with news about f1. Anyone seriously following f1 last year heard about this countless times.
Teams could work on engine mappings so that there was always a flow to provide more downforce to the rear diffuser, even when driver was off throttle. I said "could" because It has already been prohibited mid2011. For 2012 they are adding further restrictions to prevent any kind of exhaust blowing of aero parts.

To Imari: almost all teams used exhaust gases for aerodinamics. But only one team tried a foward facing exhaust to do this.

Sorry for OT.

F1technical.net I think. Or any website with news about f1. Anyone seriously following f1 last year heard about this countless times.
Teams could work on engine mappings so that there was always a flow to provide more downforce to the rear diffuser, even when driver was off throttle. I said "could" because It has already been prohibited mid2011. For 2012 they are adding further restrictions to prevent any kind of exhaust blowing of aero parts.

To Imari: almost all teams used exhaust gases for aerodinamics. But only one team tried a foward facing exhaust to do this.

Sorry for OT.

If I'm not mistaken, this was pioneered the year Jensen won with BrawnGP.

OwensRacing
Link?

Blown diffusers and Renaults front exit exhaust (which exited at the front of the sidepods and blew out sideways towards the rear) use the exhaust gases to create a higher flow through the diffuser to generate downforce at lower speeds. When the driver was off throttle the engine would be fed fuel but no ignition and 'on throttle' to keep a supply of hot gas being pumped out of the exhausts. Bit more complex to normal tuning you do Owens ;)

And McClaren, iirc it was just the double diffuser pioneered by BrawnGP, pretty sure Red Bull came up with the blown diffuser last year (open to correction).

Blown diffusers and Renaults front exit exhaust (which exited at the front of the sidepods and blew out sideways towards the rear) use the exhaust gases to create a higher flow through the diffuser to generate downforce at lower speeds. When the driver was off throttle the engine would be fed fuel but no ignition and 'on throttle' to keep a supply of hot gas being pumped out of the exhausts. Bit more complex to normal tuning you do Owens ;)

And McClaren, iirc it was just the double diffuser pioneered by BrawnGP, pretty sure Red Bull came up with the blown diffuser last year (open to correction).

The Renault system didn't work that well actually, compared to other teams that followed RBR as well as RBR. Also from ScarbsF1 it had been around (EBD that is) since 2010. So it was around for some time in 2010 and most of the season bar one race in 2011.

One 2011 car was designed like that, and it was more the exhaust being directed downwards underneath the car than strictly forwards. It was simply referred to as forwards-facing because the exit was mounted so much further forward than the normal position. It's more correctly referred to as a forward exhaust exit. It didn't blow the bodywork, it blew the underfloor to increase downforce.

And it wasn't exactly successful either. By the end of the season Lotus-Renault was being routinely destroyed by cars with more conventional setups. It was an interesting idea that didn't really go anywhere.

http://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/trends-2011-exhausts-and-diffusers/

No, one car had foward blowing exhaust and used EBD differently. The other teams had regular facing exhaust with the use of EBD for 2011. That is what the other user was saying. It blows over the diffuser thus to generate downforce and as Stavelot and others have said this keeps going through lower speed sectors due to the way the engine is mapped. Though it is banned for next year EBD, teams will blow air from the exhaust over the rear wing instead.

Last edited:
I always think there is new tweets to read when I see this thread has new replies. :(

The point he's making is there's a lot of useless, off-topic conversation going on in here that moves the topic up the list, giving the impression that Kaz has actually posted something.

mixtertrixter
&#12300;&#65319;&#65332;&#65301;&#12289;&#27425;&#12398;&#12450;&#12483;&#12503;&#12487;&#12540;&#12488;&#12399;&#26469;&#36913;&#28779;&#26332;&#26085;&#12290;&#65298;&#65295;&#65303;&#12398;&#20104;&#23450;&#12391;&#12377;&#12290;&#12301;
"GT5, update next tuesday. Scheduled on the 7th February"

https://twitter.com/#!/Kaz_Yamauchi/status/165692894659870720

what should we expect??

edit: oops Greg beat me to it :P

Most likely those who haven't bought Route X, won't be able to race on it.

jkt008
Most likely those who haven't bought Route X, won't be able to race on it.
Yep. They let people that don't have the DLC use it for a few weeks as a sort of advertisement. When they can't use it for free anymore, they'll be that much more likely to buy it themselves.

Latest Posts

Back