Kubica injured in rally crash - Now rallying again...

If you are going to post pictures or videos, then please post a link to them rather than embedding them in your posts. Include a appropriate warning. Some people may find the images disturbing or distressing.

Thanks

Here is the link, if you REALLY want to see the video, delete the '@'

http@://www.@youtube.@com/watch?v=@lg6qpFFc0t8

This can be disturbing, if you are a girl...
Just a pic of a Heli, a white thing, and and a hurted eye... :scared:

It's not too bad. The damage of the car are mostly at the front.
Maybe Kubica will have some fracture. There's a low chance of him getting a broken bone..apart from his leg of course. Which is bad. :guilty:

But from that video, Kubica got some bruises on his head. I hope he's not injuring his head or other higher part of his body.

It's not too bad. The damage of the car are mostly at the front.
Maybe Kubica will have some fracture. There's a low chance of him getting a broken bone..apart from his leg of course. Which is bad. :guilty:

Watch the video Faria posted there's a lot of intrusion into the car.

I was watching the TV, while lunching with my family, and the most recent news was that Kubica is not life-threatening - best translation that i was able to provide for "pericolo di vita" - but he's in surgery for various fractures and abdominal haemorrhage. The journalist also said that there is the probability that he will lose the use of the right hand.

The description of the incident is hard for me to translate, but in few words the pilot has lost the control of the car over a rise of the asphalt caused by the root of a tree. After a 80° spin the Skoda hit the cusp of a guard rail, which has penetrated the cockpit window and damaged the roll bar. After that the car has gone against the wall of a small church. Hope it makes some sense to you, because my English really is not that good.

You can find more informations on Italian sport websites: gazzetta.it and tuttosport.com, the last source seems to be updated more frequently and i suggest to have a look at it.

At few parts of the car were thrown into Kubica, thats why he is soo bad...

And a very bad news, Kubica can lose the movement of one of the hands, most probabaly the left one.
-
The rescue was soo slow, Kubica was "waiting" during 90 min

Watch the video Faria posted there's a lot of intrusion into the car.

Yeep. Saw that.
Bruises on his head too.
The injuries looks worse. Head injuries is no good. 👎
Replacement is immenent for the Renault team i guess.

Well, IF Kubica stop racing or don't race at Bahrein, Senna will replace him...

I'm thinking: Senna in a Lotus... This remember something...Oh AYRTON SENNA

I don't care about that at the moment and I doubt anybody else does, even Bruno.

Thats 2 very serious crashes in 4 years he might take webbers title of f1's unluckiest driver.

So, no races for him. Or even worse,the entire season.

Ain't having no races or being out for the whole season the same thing? Anyway I'm just hoping the injuries are not career threatening. There might be a statement from the hospital in an hours time.

Ain't having no races or being out for the whole season the same thing? Anyway I'm just hoping the injuries are not career threatening. There might be a statement from the hospital in an hours time.

Umm, i mean for the half of the season..haha.
I can assure you it's not carrer threatning. 👍
I just worried about his hand.
Cut and it'll be all over. :guilty:

Well this news is sad to hear, I hope Robert makes a quick recovery because it would such a shame if he missed some races especially as it looks like this Renault is going to be one of the most competitive cars for a long time.

I want them to give Ho-Pin Tung a shot, it would definitely be a historic moment and he could end up being somewhat of a surprise like Kobayashi was.

Robin.

I guess it depends how serious the fractures are. If the bones are all but crushed in his hand that would be career ending. I'm sure that is not the case though. Hopefully he will pull through, take the proper time to recover properly and be back whenever he is ready. There is no rush.

Umm, i mean for the half of the season..haha.
I can assure you it's not carrer threatning. 👍

It is impossible to assure anything without knowing the full details. By the way you contradicted yourself by saying it will not be career threatening and then saying if his hand goes then it will be all over. I hope that is not the case.

All over, certainly not if there's will to continue. Remember the likes of Alessandro Nannini whose right arm was severed in a helicopter crash, put back in place and he kept on driving with good results or Alex Zanardi who lost his legs but did well in WTCC for several years. I've even seen a rallycross driver (forget the name) who is paralyzed from the waist down, has only around 25% strength left in his arms and just about none in his hands but he drives a Division 1 monster with no speed handicap whatsoever.

Of course I hope there won't be a need for such an operation but if there is, it's not the absolute end of his racing career.

It is impossible to assure anything without knowing the full details. By the way you contradicted yourself by saying it will not be career threatening and then saying if his hand goes then it will be all over. I hope that is not the case.

Yeah, my word didn't make any sense at all.lol. :P
Again,hoping that wasn't the case too.
If the tweet are true, the injuries are going to be Massa-like but more than one place to be broken...i think.

All over, certainly not if there's will to continue. Remember the likes of Alessandro Nannini whose right arm was severed in a helicopter crash, put back in place and he kept on driving with good results or Alex Zanardi who lost his legs but did well in WTCC for several years. I've even seen a rallycross driver (forget the name) who is paralyzed from the waist down, has only around 25% strength left in his arms and just about none in his hands but he drives a Division 1 monster with no speed handicap whatsoever.

Of course I hope there won't be a need for such an operation but if there is, it's not the absolute end of his racing career.

If some racer lost a leg, they can be replace and they can get racing because leg are just going to slam the throttle and brake.
But hands...fingers for changing gear...i find it hard for a replacement.
And rally from my view has no higher G-force than F1 do. So more 'relaxing' drive than F1.

Nasty looking crash, hope it doesn't affect his racing ability but more importantly, I hope it doesn't affect his daily life much.

Do we know why he crashed? Did he lose control of the car or did something happen on the car itself?

Holy moly, I'm gutted to hear this. Kubica had some serious championship potential, he was quite possibly a contender this year if the Renault is good enough. I hope very much that he can recover from this and that it is not career-ending. I don't want this to be the last we ever see of Robert in F1...or even in motorsports.
I'm wondering however if Renault will indeed promote one of their many reserve drivers (most likely Senna or Grosjean) or hire someone a little more proven such as Heidfeld, De la Rosa, Hulkenburg, etc?
This is a massive blow to F1 and Renault.

I'm not sure I'd say I'm happy to see Senna or whomever replace Kubica...I very much doubt anyone Renault picks will be as good, despte feeling that Senna, Grosjean or whomever probably deserves the shot.

Get better, Robert!

I really hope he gets well... Doesn't matter now if he gets back this season or not - now it's all about him getting better.

Your fans are with you Robert!!

I think one of the main concerns is Robert has already had extensive surgery on an arm before, if it's that one that's fractured again, I can imagine it'd complicate things immensely;

Robert Kubica's Wiki entry
However, his move was delayed by a road accident which left him with a broken arm, and titanium screws holding it together. At his delayed debut at Norisring, Kubica, driving with a plastic brace and 18 titanium bolts in his arm, won the race.

The hand doesn't sound too good either, thought's are with him right now.

Here is a video of the car

If you REALLY wanto to see, delete the '@' and copy the URL

http:@//www.@youtube.@com/watch@?v=78smQo6ZRk8

This can be disturbing, if you are a girl...

Really hoping he pulls though his surgery okay, and that he makes a quick recovery. Renault were almost on pace with the top-tier teams last year, and I was really hoping they could really challenge the likes of RBR and Ferrari this season.

Although, I wonder if the FIA would even issue him a Super License if he did lose his hand, even if he could prove that he was still competitive?

Back