Kubica injured in rally crash - Now rallying again...

Here is a video of the car

If you REALLY wanto to see, delete the '@' and copy the URL

http:@//www.@youtube.@com/watch@?v=78smQo6ZRk8

This can be disturbing, if you are a girl...

No wonder he was hurt so bad. There is a gaping hole in the firewall and bars that may have impaled him. Like I said before. Hope he makes a full recovery.

I really believe in Robert's quick recovery, but some speculations that he may lose his hand or even whole arm are scaring me. Await for some specific information from doctors about Robert's condition.

Really hoping he pulls though his surgery okay, and that he makes a quick recovery. Renault were almost on pace with the top-tier teams last year, and I was really hoping they could really challenge the likes of RBR and Ferrari this season.

Although, I wonder if the FIA would even issue him a Super License if he did lose his hand, even if he could prove that he was still competitive?
Well there is a race driver who had no legs after a crash and kept racing (cant remember name) so anything is posible.

Well there is a race driver who had no legs after a crash and kept racing (cant remember name) so anything is posible.

Alex Zanardi.
There was also Alessandro Nannini who lost his right forearm but had successful microsurgery and regained partial use. Neither of these drivers returned to open-wheel competition though...

I don't care about that at the moment and I doubt anybody else does, even Bruno.
I can't agree more with this statement! 👍

Thats 2 very serious crashes in 4 years he might take webbers title of f1's unluckiest driver.
Well he might be lucky to escape the crash in Montreal without serious injury but this one was just awful to say the least. But I don't want to say he is the unluckiest, that title still goes to Massa. No but I do not wish anyone to be unlucky, cause this is just what all drivers go through in motorsports. Its never really is a safe sport, regardless of how many safety measures they take. There are just some things that cannot be controlled...

As for Kubica's condition, it sounds a lot worse that I expected! :nervous: Just hope he still would be able to use his right hand, anything worse and he is just not gonna be the same anymore... But for certain he is gonna miss out on the first few races now while he recovers, and I think Renault are surely gonna be testing out their reserve drivers to see who will be substituting Kubica.

I think at best we are looking at Kubica missing the rest of pre-season testing, if he only needs to recover and heal.

This is from an Autosport forum member:

gui-mag
From tg sky news Italy, direct from the hospital
no fear for his life, no internal hemorragy, hand not to be amputated, trying to restore functions of the hand, surgery only in first phase, will end at approximately 20 CET, only after that the medical staff wille give official information in a press confernce

By 7PM GMT, hopefully we will have more positive news if this is true.

One thing, is return to race(Open Whellers) without one part of the body, another thing, is race F1

All other cars are completely different from F1s, even GP2, belive me
--
Soo, IF Kubica loses his hand, he will race, but i really doubt in F1
------
But, Kub is a Strong guy, a great driver and a great person !!!

See you on F1 Robert !

This is never a good sign for him, for LRGP and for the fans... I was just thinking to re-read the essay that I wrote about him as a homework and now I stumble upon this :(

Speedy recovery Robert! I will wait for you in Sepang.

Well, this certainly ruins my day. I was really happy last week when I saw his lightning fast times during testing.

I hope for a speedy recovery. :)

Very hard to tell anything about his chances, but from what I read here the real and ONLY big problem is/are the injuries his hand suffered. The wrist and the hand itself is a very complex part of our body, in every way you analize it and be it regarding bones, muscles or nerves. So, all really depends on what injuries were made and how are they to be cured.

I guess if it is all - and only - about bones, RK will be driving his F1 in a couple of weeks, months in the worst case. If muscles and nerves are affected/severed, things could take longer.

In any case, I think it's safe to assume RK will return to F1. 👍

I don't doubt, RK will be if F1
-
But, in the first GP, i'm sure that Senna will be driving, even if RK is good in 3 weeks, he will need to practice, practice and practice.
And RK need to recover his physical and blah blah blah

Didn't Kubica once take part in an F3 race at the Norisring with an injured hand and win?

Yes he did.. He won at Norisring few weeks after car crash in Kraków (he was a passenger in that crash, I think in 2003), with 18 titanium bolts in one of his arms/hands.

All the best Robert!

Now Renault needs a veteran driver to teach Vitaly

Who?

J.V?

Jos Verstappen??... :D

Hoping that Roberts injuries are not so bad as the first reports say... he is one of my favorite drivers in F1 so i will be very sad to not see him compete again.. :nervous:

spy.

I don't care about that at the moment and I doubt anybody else does, even Bruno.
You don't understand sport then, Bruno will be delighted to take the racing seat even if Kubica died. You realise it's possible to have something called "mixed emotions", you feel sad at a loss, but also elated at a wonderful opportunity. This is exactly what David Couthald felt when Senna died and he was given Senna's seat in the Williams F1 car, he was thrilled to have the chance.

You don't understand sport then, Bruno will be delighted to take the racing seat even if Kubica died. You realise it's possible to have something called "mixed emotions", you feel sad at a loss, but also elated at a wonderful opportunity. This is exactly what David Couthald felt when Senna died and he was given Senna's seat in the Williams F1 car, he was thrilled to have the chance.

Congratulations on your superb abilities to channel the exact emotions of other people, maybe you should go write greeting cards instead of wasting your talents at GTPlanet.

Sweet Buddha, you have the tact and delicacy of a bag of hammers.

Congratulations on your superb abilities to channel the exact emotions of other people, maybe you should go write greeting cards instead of wasting your talents at GTPlanet.

:lol:

Well, he should stay away from the "sorry for your loss" section.

Kubica is not going to die. If he did, I'm pretty sure Bruno would not be "delighted." At all.

Your sarcasm is impressive...
But I like to write about the truth of things. You must be another member with head in the sand regarding reality, focusing instead on pure sentiment, understandably as I presume you are not a professional racing driver.

:lol:

Kubica is not going to die. If he did, I'm pretty sure Bruno would not be "delighted." At all.
I'm sure he would be delighted.
Delighted to take his seat, sorry that he died.

Here's to hoping Kubica makes a speedy recovery :cheers:

And here's to hoping Bruno Senna's career will take a step forwards at last :)

AND, here's to hoping he outperforms Petrov and replaces him when Kubica comes back :D

(I think i'm gonna get banned for this :nervous:)

Back