Le Mans WTC700 30 mins?

• Thread starter phatfat34
  • 284 comments
United States
United States
This morning I did the Le Mans WTC700 race and it was set as a timed 30 min race and not 8 laps although it said it was an 8 lap race when I selected it.

Was this a change or a weird glitch?

Edited to change it to 700 not 600

Last edited:
This morning I did the Le Mans WTC600 race and it was set as a timed 30 min race and not 8 laps although it said it was an 8 lap race when I selected it.

it's a minimum of 30min, you have to pass the finish line ! ;-)
I did it, I think it was 7 laps.

F458 Italia '09 / 3 pit stop (end of lap 1,3,5)
First lap, performance mode 1 (empty tank after 1 lap)
Then economy mode 6

If it chucks it down with rain it can also be a 7 lap race .

one of my races I had a 15 second lead with just over 1 min 30 secs left coming out of Indianapolis with full Wets , so I timed the finish line cross exactly and got the win with 30 mins and 3 seconds an only 7 laps .

I wish I'd seen thread this before I did it this morning! Ruined my pit-stop strategy based on 8 laps (did 7 so must be too slow 🤣) but never mind, still won and what a lovely payout! Over Cr.800k (surprised I got the clean race bonus because I had an off!). The Gr.4 Jag is a very nice drive!

Last edited:
Shortest laps I’ve had were six and I slowed to finish at 30 minutes 2seconds. It rained off and on From lap 2. I was using the Alfa 155 and pitted twice to switch tyres. The rain was too much for the inters and when the rain stopped for two laps, I switched back to the slicks and torrential rain started again. Switched again to the inters and coming out the pits, the rain stopped for the last lap.

Yeah I’ve seen a 6 lap race and a 7 lap race. I’ve also seen races that have light showers and one race had a full on downpour for 4 laps that didn’t clear up.

It’s good fun to race in with lots of replay ability by tuning different cars into racing beasts that can compete in the race.

Just trying to win it in my Murcielago. Unfortunately she’s as thirsty as a camel in a sweater. So have to run low fuel mode quite a bit.
C2C4079F-AE17-4138-8738-ECEC2E699339.jpeg

Can someone explain what an endurance race actually is? Is the winner the person who does the most laps? The person in front at the end of 30 mins? And if you're in middle of a lap when timer crosses 30 mins, does that mean you must finish the lap? Surprisingly difficult to find this basic info

The race finishes after 30 mins. If you are half way round you still need to finish the lap. The winner is the driver who has covered the longest distance

I had an extremely difficult race due to weather - torrential rain twice and 3 stops to change tyres. One lap lasted 8 minutes! Aquaplaning, AI spinning and crashing. It was actually pretty impressive with the drying track and standing water at the sides.

Currently I‘m using the A220 and Megane Trophy for it and both run fast and fine.One pit after 3 laps (FM3) ,change to IM tires if necessary (most of the time) and hope to end the race with it without changing again.

@CustomX you need to cross the line.

Last edited:
BWhich of these is correct?
Although in most cases, the leader will also be the car that has covered the most distance htat's not always correct, in GT7 it is once the timer hits 30 mins, whichever lap you are on becomes the final lap and your final position is whatever place you are when you finish that lap.

Last edited:
This morning I did the Le Mans WTC700 race and it was set as a timed 30 min race and not 8 laps although it said it was an 8 lap race when I selected it.

Edited to change it to 700 not 600
Dynamic weather, I use a Cayman, usually pit end lap 2 by then its raining so full wets. at this stage when i pit usually in first place. Run on full mode 3 most of the race until after my last pit stop where i change to hard slicks for the final 2 lap stint - usually dry by then. 825,000 credits for a clean race!!!

I had an extremely difficult race due to weather - torrential rain twice and 3 stops to change tyres. One lap lasted 8 minutes! Aquaplaning, AI spinning and crashing. It was actually pretty impressive with the drying track and standing water at the sides.
I know the feeling.. This was me at Mulsanne 1 - a complete passenger on slicks as the downpour came and went in a flash. I pitted for inters and stayed on them til the end, I still had good grip at the finish even though they were completely worn and inspite of the now dry track.
FQdL_vcX0AQowfE.jpg

Just did it again (this might be my new "grind"!) - had just that, way different to the first rain this morning (had heavy drizzle).
Chucked it down in this one, starting end of lap 2, put IMs on which helped but didn't stop me spinning out on the straight or whacking into the back of a car when I lost all grip!
Steamed past some still on RH (or whatever) and got well and truly overtaken by a car that must have had full wets.
Plenty of AI crashes and spins.
Race ended after 6 laps - and I won :cheers:

What a blast, this really beats doing the same race over and over!

To top it off, I got the clean race bonus! It's being much more lenient with that than GTS, glad to see!

I just need to finish the Ferrari book and I will do.this tomorrow and get some credits as I'm poor at the moment. Less than 1m :(

And I hate rally.

Just did it again (this might be my new "grind"!) - had just that, way different to the first rain this morning (had heavy drizzle).
Chucked it down in this one, starting end of lap 2, put IMs on which helped but didn't stop me spinning out on the straight or whacking into the back of a car when I lost all grip!
Steamed past some still on RH (or whatever) and got well and truly overtaken by a car that must have had full wets.

To top it off, I got the clean race bonus! It's being much more lenient with that than GTS, glad to see!
It’s definitely my new grind and doesn’t even feel like a grind really. Good fun in Group 4 cars but finding other cars to upgrade to 700 pp is also a blast.

I think I’ve ran this race 7-8 times now and only won it the once. Would have been nice to have the odd completely dry race but not seen one yet. The variation in the weather adds a lot though as does pit strategy.

I did see half the field caught out on slicks during a torrential downpour in one race.
They were literally crawling down the Mulsanne straight. Yellow flags galore! I breezed passed them on full wets and promptly got a penalty for ignoring the caution.

Yeah I’ve seen a 6 lap race and a 7 lap race. I’ve also seen races that have light showers and one race had a full on downpour for 4 laps that didn’t clear up.

It’s good fun to race in with lots of replay ability by tuning different cars into racing beasts that can compete in the race.

Just trying to win it in my Murcielago. Unfortunately she’s as thirsty as a camel in a sweater. So have to run low fuel mode quite a bit.
View attachment 1138426
What really helps a LOT is to keep revs low by shifting early and coasting for 2 seconds before each breaking zone. For example on the straight at the two chicanes I start lifting the gas pedal just before the 300m meter sign, I brake a little after the 200m sign.
Doing those fuel saving measures costs me about 3.5-5 seconds every lap, but instead of having to pit every 2nd lap I can stay out for 3 laps on my SUPER thirsty Diablo GT 00.
I don't use fuel settings at all, I find it does VERY little unless you crank it all the way up seriously crippling the cars performance.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20220408182216.jpg

Last edited:

what car? tune?

what car? tune?
The Jaguar Gr.4. Just bought the IM tyres. It's late here and I'll check in the morning, but no tune that I remember really, there's not much you can do with the race cars. The Jag is a solid drive, and fast in the straight.

It really is an easy win in the Murcielago. 825,000 Credits in about 35 mins. I won last time out by 1.16.
The race is good fun and unpredictable to an extent.

The AI gets themselves in all sorts of mess when caught out on slicks in the heavy rain as shown in this short clip. (Just ignore the massive aquaplane from me) :D

I tuned the car myself and its very stable without TC even in the rain. Its nicely planted and suitable for controller. She is heavy though so brake in a straight line but you shouldn't have to much trouble.

I'd advise fuel mix 3 for first lap then switch to fuel mix 6 and leave it there. As i said before , she's a thirsty girl and you will need to pit at the end of lap 2. This is usually a good time to fit Intermediates as the rain should be coming.

You will not need to change tyres again but just be careful of the heaviest downpours that can last a lap or two. Brake early!! You will need to Pit for fuel once more but it should get you to the end as long as you stay in mix 6.

Heres my tune if anyone wants to try it. Required parts are front splitter, Rear wing (I use Med type 1) RH Tyres and IM Tyres plus whats listed in the pic below.

FQetYSdXEAAzq5H.jpg
FQetV5tWUAUPHCW.jpg

hey guys I win couple times with stock 911 GT1 Straßenversion 2 pit strategy with some fuel managment. most of all times rain start at 10 min mark but sometime it is very light rain. Or with Supra GT 500 RH tires praiano suspension tuning stock turbo and more downforce on rear aero can do 1 stop depending on wather with fuel managment on 2 and shortshifting. But win with gr.4 supra too. Personaly for me this race is more fun than tokio race. and clean race bonus is here always you can crash to wall and AI without losing it

what car? tune?

The Jaguar Gr.4. Just bought the IM tyres. It's late here and I'll check in the morning, but no tune that I remember really, there's not much you can do with the race cars. The Jag is a solid drive, and fast in the straight.
Checked and the PP is 680.12 with RH tyres. Not sure what I added but it might have been the high-end supercharger - but that may have come with the car, not sure?

...did this race in CLK-LM on IM tyres, pitted on lap 3 since first half of race was dry and my tyres were a bit off already, and that was it...

I came to the finish of 7th lap just a bit before 30min, so I waited there like 15 seconds so it says last lap...

I did this race with the Swift Sport Gr4, its light at 900kg or 2200lbs, with a medium turbo kit and a good setup you can do 260km/h with the fuel map set to 6 and it can do 4 laps on a tank, can even push it to 5 if you use fuel saving techniques such as short shift, lift & coast and slipstreaming down the straight rather than overtaking.
Easy to drive, no snap your neck oversteer, does understeer but this is because its an FF, only weakness of the car.

I am testing this race with the Alpha 4C with the high RPM turbo, with fuel map 6 it can do 275km/h, but its not fuel efficient & has a snap your spine lift off oversteer, even with LSD decel set to 60.

Which of these is correct?

Once the timer hits 0, its the final lap for EVERYONE.
So if P20 crosses the line after the race hits 0, they finish in P20, does not matter if their a lap down.

Last edited:
Back