Mad FinnTuners Co.™ - Finished 301010 with GT-Rdammerung - BIG THANKS everyone!

• Thread starter Greycap
  • 3,787 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure! Two small, brightly coloured vintage cars from the same factory.

In the meantime, I'd like to see at least one review of the Carbon Creature. ;)

Huh! i see no delta! Apparently thats a good car to tune.

Perhaps you guys should try it out, it would be interesting to see how it works out!

Easy. Test drive one of our cars, write a nice 'n long review (preferably) about it and we'll build you one in return. All the rules you need to know are found in Post #1 and Post #11.

Hmm, I'm not sure you'll do my request, in post #11 you desribe it as a near-impossible case.

I'll try one of your setups anyways.👍

I also said that it's near impossible, not that it could not be done..:sly: I believe that we still would have better luck with M-B's than the Relies on Understeer Forever.. ( aka RUF :lol:)

Well here it is, my report on the R34EAPER:

The car was a blast. I found that it was incredibly stable, even at high speeds. I had no trouble under braking either, even though the settings were pretty low I was still able to enter the corners pretty late. There was minimal body. I noticed that there was minimal to moderate wheel spin, but that's understandable in a 900+hp car. In 1-4th gear the DS2 controller vibrated, but once I hit 5th gear it ceased. The has wonderful rotation on the gas, but seems to understeer off the gas. I lover the corners I had to take in 2nd because the tail end came around quite nicely if you wanted it too.

I give the car a 8.5/10.

I hope thats enough of a review.:)

I would love to have a setup for my RUF CTR2. I don't care about how much or little power the car has, I would like for the car to behave a little more like an FR than an AWD. I also don't want the car to use any aids but if you have to than so be it.

Well here it is, my report on the R34EAPER:

The car was a blast. I found that it was incredibly stable, even at high speeds. I had no trouble under braking either, even though the settings were pretty low I was still able to enter the corners pretty late. There was minimal body. I noticed that there was minimal to moderate wheel spin, but that's understandable in a 900+hp car. In 1-4th gear the DS2 controller vibrated, but once I hit 5th gear it ceased. The has wonderful rotation on the gas, but seems to understeer off the gas. I lover the corners I had to take in 2nd because the tail end came around quite nicely if you wanted it too.

I give the car a 8.5/10.

I hope thats enough of a review.:)

I would love to have a setup for my RUF CTR2. I don't care about how much or little power the car has, I would like for the car to behave a little more like an FR than an AWD. I also don't want the car to use any aids but if you have to than so be it.

Good review, now that you have said R34EAPER was a blast im going to try it! I got asked to tune a RUF the other day and was told it is nearly impossible to make it perfect. Im still working on it so if you get a setup before i post mine test it and let me know how it goes.

behave more like RWD? That will require unusual tricks, since if i recall right, in GT4 you can not have VCD for CTR-2, and I'm not sure if LSD alone is enough to change the characteristics of this car..:boggled: But recently I did create a BTR-setup that might be useful in this.. or not.:nervous:
We shall see. Both of us will be involved in this project, since atleast I have first hand experience about this car in the game.. and just remembering that stubborn understeer makes me..:ouch::grumpy::irked::banghead::mad:🤬

yeah, bit frustrated is the polite way to say it.💡

I'm pretty sure that you can get a VCD for the CTR2.

Whatever.
Nope, I just checked, you're not allowed to get the VCD controller.
behave more like RWD? That will require unusual tricks, since if i recall right, in GT4 you can not have VCD for CTR-2, and I'm not sure if LSD alone is enough to change the characteristics of this car..:boggled: But recently I did create a BTR-setup that might be useful in this.. or not.:nervous:
We shall see. Both of us will be involved in this project, since atleast I have first hand experience about this car in the game.. and just remembering that stubborn understeer makes me..:ouch::grumpy::irked::banghead::mad:🤬

yeah, bit frustrated is the polite way to say it.💡
Well I figure if it behaves like an RWD it'll get rid of the understeer. I do wish y'all luck with this car.
Good review, now that you have said R34EAPER was a blast im going to try it! I got asked to tune a RUF the other day and was told it is nearly impossible to make it perfect. Im still working on it so if you get a setup before i post mine test it and let me know how it goes.

Thanks, I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.👍

EDIT: You can't get a wing for it either.

best tuner.. as in? hint hint jks
what about the RUF boxer? is that as hard to tune as the CTR2 or is it easier as it doent offer as much peformance as the CTR2​

I must say I've really been enjoying the CTR2 lately, on a variety of tyres too, I might add. Once you get your head around NOT trying to drive it like other cars, it becomes very rewarding and you start to appreciate how fast and sure-footed it is through twisty sections of track. Sure, it would be nice to be able to throw it sideways into corners and slide out with all four wheels spinning, but I don't think that's what the car is about. However I do believe that it could benefit from some tuning in the suspension department - not to change the way it handles, but to make it a little sharper and more compliant.

Indeed it is a challenge, not a headache. I'll start working on this car today, but you'd better be slightly more patient, since RUF's are always tricky ones, except the aforementioned Boxter/3400S ( that is assembled in Finland BTW. I wonder if that's why? ;) ), thanks to it's mid-engined layout.

Indeed it is a challenge, not a headache. I'll start working on this car today, but you'd better be slightly more patient, since RUF's are always tricky ones, except the aforementioned Boxter/3400S ( that is assembled in Finland BTW. I wonder if that's why? ;) ), thanks to it's mid-engined layout.

That's fine, I don't mind waiting. Again, good luck.

Well, the RGT doesn't seem like *too* much of a monster...

Could be just me and the fact that I don't drive RUFs much.

The RGT is the best behaving one out of the RR models as it has the most sensible amount of power when compared to the handling characteristics. The CTR2 is coming together well, Leonidae has got it to deliver consistent lap times and soon I'll get my hands on it, let the pursuit for oversteer begin...

Currently the car is putting out smooth, low 1'53.xxx's, and as soon as Greycap gets his oversteer magic done, I'd expect shaving about second or two out of it.. and that's with stock power, with no power mods ( except oil change )!

I don't know about you guys, but it looks promising from my point of view. LSD saved the car. ( not the drug, but that funny mechanical thing in the drivetrain :dopey:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back