Many visual bugs since update 1.26

• Thread starter Daniel55
  • 33 comments
this wouldnt happen if there were using a nativ ps5 engine. The ps5 is far away from its limits. The overcooked ps4 engine is beyond its limits and thats why we have lod problems only 30fps reflection in cockpitview etc. These popins on cars in front are ugly and they wasnt there on release. Is saw these popins first after patch 1.19 then they fix it but they got never back to release state. They downgraded the ps5 version to match online the ps4.
There is literally zero reason why they would downgrade the pop-in and framerate in reflections which have no effect on multiplayer data whatsoever.

I beg to differ. How much better do you want it to look, within reason on a console in 2022? GT7 already makes the PS5 beg for mercy on a wet track at dusk in a 24 person race. Same with replays in the rain, where certain shots can tank performance in the low 20s.

This game is using and maximising the performance of the PS5, perhaps you would fare better with the PC, where there is infinite scalability, instead of your unrealistic expectations for a console.
I think the main problem is that many tracks are pretty much direct ports from GT Sport in terms of overall visual quality so the jump isn't as noticeable. If you look at Trial Mountain for example it genuinely looks a generation ahead of pretty much all the other tracks and it's a good showcase for PS4-5 scalability with how much detail differs between versions, but other tracks like Dragon Trail barely got any upgrades at all so it's super inconsistent

but other tracks like Dragon Trail barely got any upgrades at all so it's super inconsistent
Yeah Dragon Trail, Brands Hatch, Sardegna or Lago Maggiore look quite outdated in GT7. Even Le Mans looks almost identical, which did not look good even in GT Sport. Rear view mirrors still have massive objects popping up which is very disturbing. It still feels like i'm playing a ps4 game on my ps5.
It's sad that they didn't even put the effort and didn't even try to fix it in GT7.

There is literally zero reason why they would downgrade the pop-in and framerate in reflections which have no effect on multiplayer data whatsoever.

I think the main problem is that many tracks are pretty much direct ports from GT Sport in terms of overall visual quality so the jump isn't as noticeable. If you look at Trial Mountain for example it genuinely looks a generation ahead of pretty much all the other tracks and it's a good showcase for PS4-5 scalability with how much detail differs between versions, but other tracks like Dragon Trail barely got any upgrades at all so it's super inconsistent
Watching the GTWS final, Trial Mountain looked breathtaking at times. Others like Tsukuba have had notable upgrades. Super GT played GTS at Monza the other week, at first glance you'd be mistaken for thinking it was a PS3 title! Monza on GT7 (PS5) is a significant jump forward in visual quality.

For all the talk of cross-gen, a number of tracks just need texture & foliage upgrades. Which can be done on PS5 (and probably PS4 to a lesser degree) while maintaining cross-play support.

Last edited:
@Artremis

For what they would downgraded then?
Maybe the engine is on its limits.
There is no reason to downgrade a tripple A game on Ps5. So or so Ps5 deserve a better version.

Latest Posts

Back