Michael Schumacher badly hurt in ski accident

• Thread starter ZoidFile
  • 727 comments
@GTPorsche Mirror is garbage sensationalist tabloid stuff, but all reports are saying he is in critical condition now. Everyone on GTP, pray for the best, and let's hope he makes a full recovery from this.
I thought they were, but wasn't sure. Not fully familiar with British media.

I've read he needs a neurosurgical intervention (to release pressure/blood?) Hope he gets out of this without any serious brain damage.

I've never seen him race, since my first season of watching F1 came in 2013, but nevertheless, get well soon, Mr. Schumacher. May the best be with you.

My thoughts & prayers are with Michael Schumacher & his family after learning of his horrible skiing accident.

I hope he makes it through. It would otherwise be an awful way to end this year.

Get well soon, Michael!

Brain hemorrhaging is not a pretty thing. Quite a few people have died from that: Sonny Bono, Natasha Richardson both died of the same injury and literally had same initial diagnosis.

Brain hemorrhaging is not a pretty thing. Quite a few people have died from that: Sonny Bono, Natasha Richardson both died of the same injury and literally had same initial diagnosis.
Natasha Richardson didn't immediately seek medical attention. I'm not fully familiar with Sonny Bono's injury and resulting death, and the events surrounding how it played out. I just know he hit a tree.

From what I read he ultimately slipped into a coma before arriving at the hospital he is at now. Perhaps it would be best to keep him in a coma now, but it doesn't sound good. It's like a stroke. Time lost is brain lost. I hope I'm wrong about all this. I really hope he pulls through.

Wow, just horrible. Puts his life on the line racing in F1 and now this. Helmets while skiing/snowboarding is a good idea.

Hope he pulls through.

From what I read he ultimately slipped into a coma before arriving at the hospital he is at now. Perhaps it would be best to keep him in a coma now, but it doesn't sound good. It's like a stroke. Time lost is brain lost. I hope I'm wrong about all this. I really hope he pulls through.

Far, far more likely it was medicaly induced, not sure where you may have seen that report.

Follow @former_f1 doc who is Gary Hartstein or check is timeline for his medical report on injury procedures similar to MS's.

Latest Posts

Back