MONACO MINI MADNESS II.

• Thread starter GTP_ADE
  • 627 comments
Indeed, great fun races were had with the classic minis! Thanks for organising this Ade.

I just watched the replay from race one. I must apologise to anyone who was following me, it looked like either my engine was blown or I was deploying a James bond style smokescreen behind me, there was that much smoke! Must have made it hard for anyone trying to hit their corner apexes with me ahead of them! ;)

Really sorry I missed the race. Congrats to Dowlin on the double header:tup:👍

MONACO MINI MADNESS II

GROUP-1.jpg

FINISHED ??? Nah...Almost 1 whole year since the last Mini Madness event, we will return to where it all began. Monaco. Lets see GT5 out with a bang.

Sat 9th November 8.00pm GMT.

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
THIRD_REIGN
GC255
FUELMYFIRE
JOHNNYPENSO
CARRACERPTP
COBANI
GTP_CAPT_D
TEH_LOTUS
GEORDIE139

Room will open at 8.00pm GMT, qualifying will start at 8.15pm GMT. Race 1 @ 8.30pm GMT

Car..Classic mini cooper 1.3i (standard)

Race 1...Monaco...15 laps

Race 2...Monaco...15 laps

Date...Sat 9th November 8.00pm GMT

Tuning...Absolutely everything...182 BHP (when run in)

Weight reduction...Full strip down...652 KG

Tyre...Sports soft

Transmission...Fully customisable

Suspension...Fully customisable

LSD...Fully customisable

Regs...All driving aids off except ABS

Room settings...Grid start, Grip real, boost off, damage weak, penaltys off, boost off, slipstream weak.

Pit stop...Not compulsory.

15 minutes qualifying. Fastest first, then reverse grid for the 2nd race.

These races will be held in my private lobby at 8.00 pm GMT, so if your interested please post in here with your PSN and I will send you a Friend request. Any skill level welcome, just as long as your a clean racer.

This event is for FUN, which means there will be NO points and NO prizes. Bragging rights are all you will be racing for and to get your name on the Mini Madness wall of fame (if you win). The grid is going to be fairly full and some accidents are going to be unavoidable, but please try to keep your driving as clean as possible. That means NO punting, ramming or blocking on purpose. If you do cause a crash, or make someone else loose a position due to careless driving, you must slow down and let that driver back past. Any DIRTY driving will mean exclusion from any future MINI MADNESS events.

Before entering room please re-boot PS3, ensure PS3 date and time is set from the internet and clear cache.

Headsets are welcome, but if more than 12 drivers attend, please switch off during the race.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite Ade. My schedule is pretty erratic these days so you can put me down as a maybe. If the grid fills up before I can commit, just put me on a reserve list or something, no problem.

Thanks for the replies gents. Hopefully Carracer and Johnnypenso can fit it into their schedules. Still early days yet, and we have potentially 10 starters so far. I will host a few short race practice runs starting next week, with the main practice on Friday 8th November from 8.00pm.

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
THIRD_REIGN
GC255
FUELMYFIRE
JOHNNYPENSO
CARRACERPTP
COBANI
GTP_CAPT_D
TEH_LOTUS
GEORDIE139

The madness is back, I'm in mate.

I will dust my mini off tonight ready for its final event on GT5 👍

13 racers registered now for this final chapter of Mini madness. The return to Monaco completes the circle and finishes Mini Madness on GT5. Gentlemen, this was such a blast the last time around, I had to bring it back for one final fling. Below is a revised Mini Madness Wall of Fame, listing every winner of every event. Its great to see some previous winners coming back to see if they can cement their name in Mini history one last time. Practice sessions will run all through next week. Race ya soon guys.

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
THIRD_REIGN
GC255
FUELMYFIRE
JOHNNYPENSO
CARRACERPTP
COBANI
GTP_CAPT_D
TEH_LOTUS
GEORDIE139
RICHYBOY2MIL
TURBONATOR

WEESCOTMAN
ALEXR80

FINAL WALL.PNG

Last edited:
Mini Madness will be here at the end of the week, and the first practice session will be tomorrow at 8.30pm. Just a few spaces left on the grid for anyone else interested in this final chapter of Mini Madness on GT5.

Fun few laps tonight with Capt_D. First we ran 15 laps in free run to check times and tyre wear. Overall each race will take approx 30 mins, and tyre wear did factor in towards the end affecting lap times. We then ran 3 short races of 3, then 4, then 5 laps. Super close racing in each with some really close lap times. With a much fuller rid for Saturday, this really will be Mini Madness. Cant wait...

Lap times..

ADE3210...1:52.821
GTP_CAPT_D...1:52.891

Now for a nice pic.
Côte d'Azur.jpg

Great to hear from You Cooper, its been a long time. I hope your internet holds out and you can join us on Saturday. Richyboy has messaged me to say he cant make it, but another addition is RJWALLIS90. Im not sure if I will have any time to run any laps tonight, but tomorrow I will be in my lobby from 8.30pm, and also Friday to get some more practice laps for this event.

Registered drivers.

ADE3210
THIRD_REIGN
GC255
FUELMYFIRE
COBANI
GTP_CAPT_D
TEH_LOTUS
GEORDIE139
TURBONATOR
WEESCOTMAN
ALEXR80
COOPER500SPORT
RJWALLIS90
JAMMYREX
GOODWOLF

TBC

JOHNNYPENSO
CARRACERPTP

Last edited:
You will soon pick it up again. Sports Soft this time around, and the car feels great. Edit to my above post, Ive got a free hour, so gonna get a few laps in with Weescotman.

Last edited:
What time would this be AEST, and if its a good time, I might do this, but anyone got a mini?

What time would this be AEST, and if its a good time, I might do this, but anyone got a mini?

It may be a bit early for you mate. I make it 6.00 AM. But if your still interested I think that Geordie has a spare mini or 2.

Onto tonights laps with Will. Great few 4 lap races, and with some pointers on set up Will set the fastest lap so far. More practice tomorrow from 8.30 pm.

Lap times..

WEESCOTMAN...1:52.566
ADE3210...1:52.815
GTP_CAPT_D...1:52.891

Latest Posts

Back