Most overrated car in GT6? (no flamewars)

The reason why I'm not voting for the Veyron is that no respectable driver would actually think that the car is good... it's for 13 yr olds... so it can't really be overrated...

My vote for the most overrated car would go to the R8... it's just not drivable but people still insist on it being good... after that for me it's definitely the GT40... it's rather useless... it's acceleration is crap for how much power it has and it controls even worse

My pleasant surprise in this game has been any Viper out there... back in the old days of GT, the Viper was just not drivable... but since LSD was implemented, it's much much easier to drive... I love the way that the weight shifts in that car... I've had a blast driving my AE edition around... almost no tune required at all... this is madness for a Viper!!!

Yes, I just bought the Huayra and it's a lovely machine. It bites really hard if you're not careful. But I don't know... there is something about the old Zonda's that this car lacks. The connection between driver and machine is much greater and once you figure them out, those cars are unstoppable. The Huayra feels... numb. Maybe because I've driven it stock, I don't know. That, and PD got the sound wrong... go figure :/

And speaking about Electric Vehicles, I think the Fisker is probably the most overrated. too bad because that car looks absolutely fantastic. When it comes to EV luxury sedans, the Tesla Model S is way faster and cheaper. The Roadster is still a fun and amazing little car to drive, but yes, they should've added the S version.
With the Zonda, IRL it had no TCS, it was RWD and a hand full but the Hauyra is full of 21st century saviness. The 4 Winglets for turning, curves stock wheels for cooling, Mirrors as thin as possible, front diffuser is sculpted, rear cooler is brilliantly placed and everything is as low as possible.
image.jpg
Design wise, its just updated.

The Veyron isnt that bad but yes it can be a massive handfull.
I mean its over 1800kg and produces nearly 1000ftlbs of torque low down in the rev range. You can simple floor it mid corner and expect it to turn.
Also because its so fast in the straights your misguided into thinking its has to be fast in the corners.
Its great for doing 4wheel drifts in though and does handle well with careful driving.

But iv always preferred the Mclaren f1 so....

To be overrated, people have to actually say it's awesome...

What cars are people calling awesome?

The reason why I'm not voting for the Veyron is that no respectable driver would actually think that the car is good... it's for 13 yr olds...

Post of the year.
Not the best post of the year, the most laughable post of the year.

My vote goes to the Veyron. I've never driven one in GT5 but a lot of lobbies were filled with people using them for dragraces ( in free run lobbies, but that's another matter ) and they were raving on how good it was.
Had the "luck" of driving one to get my S license in GT6 and by god I hate it.
I admire the engineering that went into the car and its specs but driving one without being forced to? Nope.

Post of the year.
Not the best post of the year, the most laughable post of the year.

The ****'s not even good on SSX... laps at about the same pace as the GT-R... costs more than 10 times to maintain... straight up Charlie Sheen right there...

The ****'s not even good on SSX... laps at about the same pace as the GT-R... costs more than 10 times to maintain... straight up Charlie Sheen right there...

I grind Like the Wind in a stock Veyron. So it is good in SSRX. But it's the only thing it's good at. The only way to enjoy it is not expecting it to handle like a race car. It's like when driving a muscle car. You know they will handle poorly, but they are still a ton of fun.

I grind Like the Wind in a stock Veyron. So it is good in SSRX. But it's the only thing it's good at. The only way to enjoy it is not expecting it to handle like a race car. It's like when driving a muscle car. You know they will handle poorly, but they are still a ton of fun.

Sorry for jacking the thread but why grind with the Veyron? You can get laps with GT-R Black under 3.56 and pay something like 45k to repair the chassis instead of the 500k repair on the Veyron?

I did some math here... to make up that extra 450k in repair costs, you'll need to be doing laps faster than 3:18 on the Veyron...

Veyron. It's an incredible car no doubt, but it's the car my friends instantly go for and all they do is brag about how fast they go in the thing and when we race that is the only car they pick. I'm just.. so tired of it. Yes it's very fast but you don't need to be super fast to have fun driving! Pick something else please.. :indiff:

Sounds like the Escudo from GT2!

For the moment I think it's the Clio RS 11, because first of all, everybody has it, and the more "novice" players all using it in online and thinking they're so fast because the car doesnt spin and has good handling for an FF car...

On the other hand, I thought the Nissan GT-R was the most overrated car in GT5, because its well known that it works so well with all the stock parts... however I think for this new game people dont use it anymore.

Sorry for jacking the thread but why grind with the Veyron? You can get laps with GT-R Black under 3.56 and pay something like 45k to repair the chassis instead of the 500k repair on the Veyron?

I did some math here... to make up that extra 450k in repair costs, you'll need to be doing laps faster than 3:18 on the Veyron...

Because Japanese cars are not really my thing, and specially when they are tuned. I do like the GT-R, but only if it's stock. There is no way you'll reach more than 320KM/h (around 180mp/h) in a stock GT-R, and in Like The Wind, the competition reaches close to 400Km/h (around... 240mp/h ???). So yeah, that's why. Buying the Veyron was more practical. And I've done that race quite a few times so the car already paid itself off.

Oh, and the chassis repair is at around 300 kilometers. By that time I've already gotten rid of the car.

The reason why I'm not voting for the Veyron is that no respectable driver would actually think that the car is good... it's for 13 yr olds... so it can't really be overrated...

My vote for the most overrated car would go to the R8... it's just not drivable but people still insist on it being good... after that for me it's definitely the GT40... it's rather useless... it's acceleration is crap for how much power it has and it controls even worse

My pleasant surprise in this game has been any Viper out there... back in the old days of GT, the Viper was just not drivable... but since LSD was implemented, it's much much easier to drive... I love the way that the weight shifts in that car... I've had a blast driving my AE edition around... almost no tune required at all... this is madness for a Viper!!!

:boggled:
The Veyron was never intended to be a car to go on corners. It weighs 2 tons, its not agile, and it's meant for pure straightline savage speed and acceleration. It's only useful for drag races.
I don't think it's overrated, it's just that some people without knowledge think that cars all go similarly fast in corners and when they read "veyron fastest car" they think it's fast everywhere... That's my two cents on it.

And you're completely wrong about the Audi R8. It's one of the best handling road cars in the world, in both GT and real life.
It changed from GT5 to GT6 like pretty much all cars I guess... it went from a bit of understeer to a bit of oversteer, but it's nothing that can't be corrected.

Because Japanese cars are not really my thing, and specially when they are tuned. I do like the GT-R, but only if it's stock. There is no way you'll reach more than 320KM/h (around 180mp/h) in a stock GT-R, and in Like The Wind, the competition reaches close to 400Km/h (around... 240mp/h ???). So yeah, that's why. Buying the Veyron was more practical. And I've done that race quite a few times so the car already paid itself off.

Oh, and the chassis repair is at around 300 kilometers. By that time I've already gotten rid of the car.

320 kph is actually around 200 mph.

I do love the simplicity with the viper and why people tune the life out of it but the Hauyra is a technical genius in turns of pushing air away to turn, using heavy components in different places to spread the weight evenly yet still being ultra light.

My most overrated car is the New Tesla, ok its a new car but why that one?!? They do a sport version of the roadster, Why no that.
The S85+ is the sport model. Welcome to the (wonderful) world of electric cars.

Whats wrong with a Beetle? I really like that they added the 66 as one of my first cars was a 68 Beetle and I loved that thing. Not very fast but a fun little car. At one point in the 70s it was the most popular car around

Personally it's just a car with a big following and that's it. Certainly not a special dynamic driving experience by any stretch. It was basically a pretty cheap, "entry" level into motoring for many people, which led to more and more buying them later on in life after maybe starting out driving in one. A certain film obviously boosted it's popularity :boggled:.

Personally it's just a car with a big following and that's it. Certainly not a special dynamic driving experience by any stretch. It was basically a pretty cheap, "entry" level into motoring for many people, which led to more and more buying them later on in life after maybe starting out driving in one. A certain film obviously boosted it's popularity :boggled:.

Here it was mostly due to gas prices, prices took a couple of big jumps in the 70s and the Beetle became the best selling car in the US, many used car lots starting stocking nothing but Beetles there for a while

You guys should take a look at the european fuel prices to see what's really expensive :indiff: I wish we had U.S. prices
Yeah... And to think back then when every one was running out to buy a Beetle gas had gone up to like $0.75/Gal ;)

Still cheap here compared to many countries around the world though

I don't see how you can say the Hudson... Yeah it's slow and not great at handling but it's not super bad and there are worse cars in the game than it. I wish they'd do a non-race version of it though. Anyway I'd have to say the most overrated car in the game is the Veyron. So much hype for top-speed. They should have the SSC cars in there too for comparison.

Well, maybe not overrated, but I am personally very disappointed in the Monster Sport SX4 Pikes Peak car and that E-Runner Pikes Peak car.. Bought them, sold them within 5minutes... Stock handling is really bad on them both, the SX4 isn't as quick as you'd expect it to be, and the E-Runner has the turning circle of a truck and understeers like crazy.. Plus they cost 1.600.000 and you only get 480.000 in return.

Concerning the Veyron, I think it's mostly overrated because of the false expectations people have.

You guys should take a look at the european fuel prices to see what's really expensive :indiff: I wish we had U.S. prices
Don't worry, we'll run out of fuel in 30-40 year anyway. Then we'll be on equal footing.

Yeah... And to think back then when every one was running out to buy a Beetle gas had gone up to like $0.75/Gal ;)

Still cheap here compared to many countries around the world though
Spain actual price:

Approx. 1.5€ ($2) for every liter of gasoline, that means about $7.6 for every gallon

Don't worry, we'll run out of fuel in 30-40 year anyway. Then we'll be on equal footing.
What we must have is more fuel efficient (and lighter) vehicles, so fuel will last more and we will save more money.

Back