My 1/4 Mile Drag Times & Tunes

• Thread starter ajbd1290
  • 55 comments
I posted the links to the pics on my photobucket, for some reason every time I try to post the pic on GTP it just comes up as a blank reply, I guess if you want to see them just click the links in my previous post :)

How do I go about uploading the photo through the website, from my phone. Doesn't seem to be working. Help appreciated. Might have to wait for my phone USB Cable.

Are you using a ps3 controller or a wheel with clutch ?

Are you using a ps3 controller or a wheel with clutch ?

Using my trusty new PS3 Controller freind. Using down on the D-Pad as the e-brake whilst holding up on the R3 stick to accelerate. Normal launch.

True. To add to the convo, usually most people the clutch blow away the leaderboard times, not sure why its faster but that's why I don't like the wheel period in this game, if you use one in drag nobody stands a chance, if you use one in circuits, again nobody stands a chance, mostly due to the fact that the response form the pedals and wheel itself are a lot stronger than any button on the controller ever will be, wheel = cheating in my opinion

True. To add to the convo, usually most people the clutch blow away the leaderboard times, not sure why its faster but that's why I don't like the wheel period in this game, if you use one in drag nobody stands a chance, if you use one in circuits, again nobody stands a chance, mostly due to the fact that the response form the pedals and wheel itself are a lot stronger than any button on the controller ever will be, wheel = cheating in my opinion

Depends... If you give a wheel and clutch to a noob, it's easy wins all around :sly:

Edit: Broken link, nevermind :'( Was the picture of my 8.902 Black Edition though. I'll get it somehow. But for now, I'm heading OFFLINE!

That's true as well, but it really doesn't take long to learn how to use the wheel properly, a few days max, so then a noob becomes a pro even though if he were using a controller with the same tune he'd be running 2 cars slower. I used to have a DFGT but I got rid of it cuz I prefer the controller, it's been that way for a long time, on PS One there weren't any wheels (at least not that I know about) so why use one now is my outlook on it lol. On top of this, I know a bunch of people that mod their wheels and that makes them even faster

That's true as well, but it really doesn't take long to learn how to use the wheel properly, a few days max, so then a noob becomes a pro even though if he were using a controller with the same tune he'd be running 2 cars slower. I used to have a DFGT but I got rid of it cuz I prefer the controller, it's been that way for a long time, on PS One there weren't any wheels (at least not that I know about) so why use one now is my outlook on it lol. On top of this, I know a bunch of people that mod their wheels and that makes them even faster

Good argument, I have the DFGT also. Never use it, maybe once or twice a month for a drift session. But yeah, wheel mods are serious when it comes to drag racing, or any racing.

Any type of modding is gay, it's bogus and cheating, it's for the people that are to slow to win regularly. At least if a regular car is used and said person loses they still get respect or even if a modded car is used and said person tells everyone in the lobby about it they still get a small amount of respect for letting everyone know, you know what I mean

Modded cars wasn't the problem, it was the dishonest people misusing them :-/. That was or still is the problem.

I agree but think of it this way, if they'd never been invented then they wouldn't have been misused

Yes, but you can say the same for many inventions. It really is sad to see so many dishonest people willing to so much for an empty win.

Some of the things involved with hacking should have been part of the game in the first place, as for the HP mods that should never be allowed, just like engine swaps, if engine swaps were allowed everyone would be putting the R35 TC engine in every Nissan etc.

problem start when legit vs modded, when ask if its modded but denies its a good tune that causes hay wire

I have been drag racing since GT5 came out in 2010, but i never got that great at it until August 2012. i started out as a noob thinking a 9.5 Viper ACR time was fast, now that i have gotten substancaly better i can keep up with a majority of the Drag comunity. i will put up some simple tunes so that more people can get better at drag racing, and hav fun like the rest of us.

Drag ET (elapsed times)

-Viper ACR- 9.042
-Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12- 8.945
-Nissan GT-R SpecV '09- 9.048
-Nissan GT-R '07- 9.534
-Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '12- 8.957
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM- 9.104
-Gran Turismo Formula One- low 8 sec
-Ferrari 430 Scudaria- 9.849
-Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG- 9.822
-Ford Mustang GT '05- 10.890
-Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04- 11.837
***-Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 TC- 9.442
***-Nissan Skyline GT-R V•spec II Nür R34- 9.467
***-Mines BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06- 10.063
***-Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08- 9.475
***- Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero S15 '02- 11.044

-HPA Audi Twin Turbo TT Quatro-
-Dodge Viper SRT10 (P)-
-Dodge Viper GTS '02-
-Nissan Skyline R34-
-Nissan Skyline R33-
-ZZII-
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (street)-
-Chevrolet Corvette Z06 RM-
-Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (street)-
-SLS AMG-
-McLaren F1-
-McLaren MP4-12C-
-Aston Martin V12-
-Nissan GTR BE GTAcademy- 8.944
-Nissan GTR BE GTAcademy Tuned- 8.961
-Audi Lemans Quatro-
-Mazda RX-7 sprinter R type A-
-Mazda RX-8 (supercharged)-
-Mazda RX-8 (turbo)-
-Ford GT '06-
-Ford GT '02-
-Ford GT no stripe-
-Ferrari F60-
-Ferrari F40-
-Ferrari California-
-350z-
-370z-
-S2000 GT1 Turbo-
-Bugatti Veyron-
-Granturismo Ford GT Test Car-
Maserati GranTursimo-

*i have alot more times but i need to retune and retest.

Drag Tunes

4WD
-no aero packages
-suspention all to the right
then the spring rate down 1.0
then ride height all left in the front
and camber and toe are 0.0 front and rear
-transmision, you must flip it and tune specificly for every car
-differental all at 60
-and try to get a first gear launch if not go for a second gear launch

RWD
-same as 4WD except for front rates are all to the left except anti-roll, it stays at 7

**i apologise for the spelling mistakes i dont have the time to edit it**

New cars will have *** before the name/ times.

New times added 6/26/13 2:26 PST

I have been drag racing since GT5 came out in 2010, but i never got that great at it until August 2012. i started out as a noob thinking a 9.5 Viper ACR time was fast, now that i have gotten substancaly better i can keep up with a majority of the Drag comunity. i will put up some simple tunes so that more people can get better at drag racing, and hav fun like the rest of us.

Drag ET (elapsed times)

-Viper ACR- 9.042
-Nissan GT-R Black Edition '12- 8.945
-Nissan GT-R SpecV '09- 9.048
-Nissan GT-R '07- 9.534
-Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 '12- 8.957
-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 RM- 9.104
***-Gran Turismo Formula One- 8.392
-Ferrari 430 Scudaria- 9.849
-Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG- 9.822
-Ford Mustang GT '05- 10.890
-Honda Civic Type R (EP) '04- 11.837
***-Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 TC- 9.442
***-Nissan Skyline GT-R V•spec II Nür R34- 9.467
***-Mines BNR34 Skyline GT-R N1 base '06- 10.063
***-Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 '08- 9.475
***- Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero S15 '02- 11.044
***-Cien Concept '02- 9.278
***-Dodge Viper SRT10 (P)- 9.256
-Dodge Viper GTS '02-
-Nissan Skyline R33-
***-ZZII- 9.098
***-Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (street)- 9.348
-Chevrolet Corvette Z06 RM-
-Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (street)-
-SLS AMG-
-McLaren F1-
-McLaren MP4-12C-
-Aston Martin V12-
-Nissan GTR BE GTAcademy- 8.944
-Nissan GTR BE GTAcademy Tuned- 8.961
***-Audi Lemans Quatro- 9.037
-Mazda RX-7 sprinter R type A-
-Mazda RX-8 (supercharged)-
-Mazda RX-8 (turbo)-
-Ford GT '06-
-Ford GT '02-
***-Ford GT no stripe- 9.152
***-Ferrari F60- 9.076
-Ferrari F40-
-Ferrari California-
-350z-
-370z-
-S2000 GT1 Turbo-
-Bugatti Veyron-
-Granturismo Ford GT Test Car-
Maserati GranTursimo-

*i have alot more times but i need to retune and retest.

Drag Tunes

4WD
-no aero packages
-suspention all to the right
then the spring rate down 1.0
then ride height all left in the front
and camber and toe are 0.0 front and rear
-transmision, you must flip it and tune specificly for every car
-differental all at 60
-and try to get a first gear launch if not go for a second gear launch

RWD
-same as 4WD except for front rates are all to the left except anti-roll, it stays at 7

**i apologise for the spelling mistakes i dont have the time to edit it**

New cars will have *** before the name/ times.
New times again ^^^^^^^

Back