My review of project gotham 2

• Thread starter IDAFC21
  • 161 comments
If you dont have this game. BUY IT

if you dont have an xbox, buy an xbox, and then BUY IT

i bought my xbox just for this game and im NOT dissapointed. It helps to have a live subscription too because the whole game is tied into live , online racing is fun as hell, the cars rock, the tracks rock, the visuals are stunning, the engine sounds are BEAUTIFUL, the car list is massive (w/ more downloadable cars being available in the future), the physics are surprisingly realistic despite being an "arcade" racer. this whole game is just awesome. go out and buy it right now, why are you still reading this?

Yeah I agree, this game is simply amazing, there's no other way to put it! :eek:

Driving a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale around the Nurburgring is simply awe-inspiring! :D

Originally posted by IDAFC21
If you dont have this game. BUY IT

if you dont have an xbox, buy an xbox, and then BUY IT

i bought my xbox just for this game and im NOT dissapointed. It helps to have a live subscription too because the whole game is tied into live , online racing is fun as hell, the cars rock, the tracks rock, the visuals are stunning, the engine sounds are BEAUTIFUL, the car list is massive (w/ more downloadable cars being available in the future), the physics are surprisingly realistic despite being an "arcade" racer. this whole game is just awesome. go out and buy it right now, why are you still reading this?

Hmmm. I'm always suspicious of other racingames outside the GT series. But since you're a faithful Weekly race series participant I'll trust you on this one. I might get an Xbox and this game.

IDAF, have you played PGR1? if so how is this game compared to the firtst one?

I did play the first one way back when, played it alot. It was fun as hell, this one tho, is 100 times better by far. The whole integration of Live into this game is amazing, the visuals are unbelievable, the engine sounds are SPOT ON. The AI competition is VERY BRUTAL, they are bunch of bastards. They will NOT hesitate to put you into a wall or spin you out when they get the chance. The different modes this game has are endless. when i get tired playing one part of the game like the kudos world challenge, I can play time attack and set some records, or if i get tired of that i can play the arcade mode and get more kudos (which give you tokens, and you use them to buy cars), if i get tired of arcade mode you can just walk around the showroom in a first person view and test drive every car in there if you want (except for 4 or 5 of the TOP cars in the game, which have to be unlocked) Each mode to me feels like im playing a seperate game. Online play is awesome. Me and my friend who lives in another state play each other every night and we just have the best time doing it. the game supports headsets too so we can talk to each other (or trash talk to each other, haha) I dont know, i could keep goin on about this game but i think you get the point. If youre a fan of racing games, this game is AWESOME.

However. Dont expect it to be a simulator like GT3 is. While the physics in PG are pretty damn good, you can still tell its an arcade racer when you really try to push a car to its limits. And like an arcade racer it doesnt have settings adjustability like gt3, you cant buy parts or modify your cars. if you want that, stick w/ gt3. But PG2 is a FUN ASS game to play, and once youre sitting in a 360 Modena blasting thru the streets of Florence w/ that ferrari tone screaming behind you....you'll agree too

Ok thanks IDAF.. Looks like I might get this title..especially as it seems as GT4 will be delayed till summer -04 or whatever. I have appreciated arcade style racers (non gt physics but ok physics)before like Vanishing Point on psx so this seems like something worth trying.

/D

I think thats a great idea :D

I seriously have not been THIS owned by a video game since the very first gran turismo came out.

Man I wish I had money to get this game. Seeing the commercials for it makes me want it even more. I also wish Xbox Live didnt cost money. :mad:

Originally posted by Viper_Maniac
I also wish Xbox Live didnt cost money. :mad:

yeah, ive got it for 2 free months right now. but i dont care, once this free trial expires i'll pay whatever i have to. i dont think its that much really, like 50 bucks a year or somthin, i dont know, you can pay monthly too

well. yeah, youre right, i got a little carried away there. not all the engine sounds sound exactly as they should, but the ferrari engines, my god, now THOSE sound spot on. they all still sound very good tho, a lot better than i was expecting

I'll buy an Xbox the day I can hook my USB wheel to it. I'm going to cop enough relationship difficulties when the Driving Force Pro comes out, without buying another wheel for another console.

Competition is good, though.

im waitin for the downloadable content to emerge. i cant wait to see what cars they're gonna come out w/. one of ems gotta be the EVO VIII, i dont know why the only have the vii in there. its still a fun car to drive. me and my friend have grudge matches w/ the WRX and EVO all the time. hehe

sorry to be off topic but do you have to have high speed internet to play online and how much does xbox live cost

MCO was the first and sadly enough and probly the only one ill ever play(i hope not though):(

I really hate the people at EA for pulling the plug on such a cool game:mad: :irked: :mad:

yes, you do need a broadband connection, and Live costs somthing like 50 bucks a year. or you can pay by the month, not sure wha that breaks down to. but when you think about it. 50 bucks a year is a small price to pay for what you get w/ Live.

I have a few questions.

Well, actually just one.

Is Nurburgring there in it's entirety? Or is it just some parts of the track?

Oh, and is that the track with the 3 mile straight, or is it another one (and where is that track located?)

now, being that ive never actually raced nurburgring in my real life, im not sure if its the FULL track, but its pretty damn big. Ive got a video of a lotus elise exige racing a C5 vette on nurburg for one lap and it took him 13 some odd minutes, but when i tried it in the game it only took me like 8 or 9 minutes. Now it is an arcade racer so i wouldnt expect to get exact times like you would in real life, but who knows. i recognized a lotta parts in the video that were in the game but it didnt seem like they were all in there, so i dont know. Theres still enough of the track in there to be fun as hell. I love flyin thru there in my F40 or my 360 Challenge :D

does PGR 2 have porsche in it aswell? I really wish they would bring it to PS2, like they did with splinter cell or could they release the rights to ferrari and porsche so we can have them on GT4

Oh indeed it does have porsches, 911's, boxters, gt1's, 2's and 3's, even the the Carerra supercar, you can even see the spoilers rise up when you hit their target speed :D

Originally posted by Mister E
I have a few questions.

Well, actually just one.

Is Nurburgring there in it's entirety? Or is it just some parts of the track?

Oh, and is that the track with the 3 mile straight, or is it another one (and where is that track located?)

believe it or not, it does have the Nurburgring Nordshleife track IN IT'S ENTIRETY. You have to unlock the whole thing, because you start off just racing on small sections of it, for the sake of brevity.

I was racing w/ like 5 or 6 other people last night and we raced on the full nurburg, w/ the amercan muscle cars, IN THE FOG. hahaha. Its a good thing i was somewhat familiar w/ the track, tho my stingray would top out at like 150 in 4th gear. haha. it was a nice leisurely stroll. i have the track unlocked now cuz if you race someone online on a track you dont have and you beat them, you automatically get it unlocked

Originally posted by IDAFC21
I was racing w/ like 5 or 6 other people last night and we raced on the full nurburg, w/ the amercan muscle cars, IN THE FOG. hahaha. Its a good thing i was somewhat familiar w/ the track, tho my stingray would top out at like 150 in 4th gear. haha. it was a nice leisurely stroll. i have the track unlocked now cuz if you race someone online on a track you dont have and you beat them, you automatically get it unlocked

cool, i gotta race somebody on that track

whats your live name? i'll add you as a friend and if i see you on i'll invite you to play :) mines the same as my name here, IDAFC21

👍 nice. lemme know when you get it up and running. I bought the wireless adapter when i bought my xbox. yeah its an expensive little piece (125 bucks) but i already have a wireless router hooked up to my network but my computer room and tv room are on completey opposite sides of the house so i didnt feel like trying to run 200 feet of cat5 cable thru the attic. just makes things much more easier

Dumb question alert!...

is this title being made available for the PS2?

i dont have an xbox and i am hoping its not exclusive coz it looks awesome...

Don't neglect to mention that there are 36 open slots in the showrooms for downloadable cars via XBOX Live. Plus the latest issue of OXM states that all of the courses from PGR1 will be available for PGR2 at some point. Of course I can't vouch for the validity of the reports that OXM puts out, but if that turns out to be true, the replay value of this game goes off the charts.

I have played this game EVERY single day both offline and online since I picked it up. It has totally killed my ESPN NFL football playing and damn near kept me from building up my golfer in Links 2004 (which is also the shiat btw).

Bottom line: This is the most fun I've EVER had with a racing game hands down. Playing online with a good group of people just makes this game that much more enjoyable.

HIGHEST RECOMMENDATION POSSIBLE.

p.s. - While i do wish it was more like GT3 with the ability to buy parts for your car, this is more of an arcade experience, but the control of each individual car is so spot on, that it doesn't take away from the experience whatsoever.

p.s.s.- Sorry IDAFC21, not trying to write a novel in your thread, just wanted to share my thoughts on PGR2.

Back