NFS-Rivals-cover-custom-www.ALLPS4_.com_.png

NFSRPromotional1.jpg

NFSRPromotional2.jpg

NFSRPromotional3.jpg

485704_180088678817841_1722978549_n.jpg

Publisher: Electronic Arts
Developer: Ghost Games
Engine: Frostbite 3
Release Date: PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - November 19, 2013 [NA] / November 21, 2013 [AUS] / November 22, 2013 [EU]
PS4 - November 15, 2013 [NA] / November 28, 2013 [AUS] / November 29, 2013 [EU]
Xbox One - November 22, 2013 [NA/EU] / November 28, 2013 [AUS]
Platforms: PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Genre: Driving/Racing
Modes: Single-Player, Co-Op, Multiplayer

Risk Everything, Trust No One

Welcome to Redview County, where a street-racing rivalry between Cops and Racers never stops as both sides push the limits in an all-out media war.

All-Drive: Destroying The Line Between Single-Player and Multiplayer
Seamlessly join a world where your friends are already racing and chasing. Single-player is no longer isolated from the multiplayer game. There are no lobbies, no waiting; everything is continuous. You and your friends can all share the same game, same race, same chase. Paths cross and experiences merge: imagine your race and your friend's pursuit colliding creating a world where no two events will ever feel the same.

High-Stakes Rivalry: Defeat Your Rivals By Any Means Necessary
Defeat your rivals in a world where high speeds are just the beginning of what's at risk. Racers are lone wolves out for their own glory; driving agile cars built for high speed racing and epic chases. Cops work in teams to hunt down and bust racers using the full power of the police force. Switch roles whenever you like, and watch the stakes grow through a new scoring system that puts your Speed Points on the line letting you push how far you'll go, for greater rewards.

Next-Gen Racing: Experience Speed That You Can Truly Feel
Experience speed that you can truly feel in the fastest racing game around, powered by the Frostbite 3 engine. Every detail of the game world is rendered in stunning, high definition, next generation graphics, while weather conditions constantly change as you race and chase in snow, hail, rain, dust storms and heavy fog.

Your Car, Your Identity: Personalise Your Cars With Performance and Style
Personalise your cars with performance and style modifications. Power up your car with the latest upgrades in pursuit technology and personalise your bodywork with fresh paintjobs, liveries, custom license plates, rims, and decals to show off your car to the world. You can save different configurations and keep a variety of car packages on alert to leave your mark no matter the situation.

Pursuit and Evasion Technology: Use The Latest Technology and Upgrades Customised To Each Side of The Law
Use the latest pursuit tech and modifications to change your pursuit or escape strategy on the fly. Racers evade cops using tech such as turbos bursts, jammers and electromagnetic pulses. Cops will be armed for aggressive busts, deploying shockwaves, spikestrips, and calling in police roadblocks or helicopter support. Every competitive edge counts so outfit your car to suit your type of driving and claim victory over your rivals.

ONLY WHEN YOU PRE-ORDER:
Organise the chaos and raise the stakes of your rival racers with the Ultimate Cop Pack. Get exclusive access to this powerful collection, including the Nissan GT-R Black Edition cop car, advanced pursuit technology, and a custom livery to personalise your pursuit vehicle. Dominate and take down racers and own the action-packed streets of Redview County on day one by pre-ordering today.

Last edited:
Thought I'd make a thread with the subject revolving around the next NFS title releasing later this year from Ghost Games.

What do you think it could be?

NOTE: When this mystery NFS title is announced, I will rename this thread to the appropriate title of the game. This means no one should make another thread with the same name.

I'm hoping they'll kick off the next generation of consoles with a brand new Hot Pursuit. And please, no drifting and weapons please, I want to see a true NFS, not a Burnout game like MW2.

It'll probably play similar to The Run & won't be on the next gen consoles. 2014 is when all the main stream series will hit the next gen. CG is hopefully done with NFS & is making Burnout for the PS4 right now as we speak.

It'll probably play similar to The Run & won't be on the next gen consoles. 2014 is when all the main stream series will hit the next gen. CG is hopefully done with NFS & is making Burnout for the PS4 right now as we speak.

Most likely it will feel and play like The Run. Also, feel free to talk about any cars that you'd like to see in this instalment.

FYI: Need for Speed: Rivals is also the 20th game in the series (not counting any of the spin-offs).

Last edited:
Since you mention it's the 20th, I'd love a new updated take on the original game itself. Could you imagine the cars they'd pick now? The graphics in comparison from then to present day...:drool:

Have a good one

Car List: A mash up of Shift 2 to MW 2012 with a couple "new" cars. That's what ever NFS is boiling down to now.

as long as its a true nfs not nfs burnout. don't get me wrong i love nfs and i really like burnout but as separate games. would love a high stakes 2 or underground 3 . i would love to see a little more old classic american musle cars. 66 nova ss 55 chevy 71 charger 69 gto judge 68 firebird
71 camaro z28 1970 Ford Torino Cobra 1968 Plymouth Barracuda
add some classic exotic cars we haven't seen in nfs.

I really want Underground 3, but something tells me they're going to do another reboot/remake of one of the original NFS games and then title it: Need For Speed

HP 2010 was the "original" NFS reboot. CG is done with this gen so hopefully they'll kick off next gen with Burnout 6.

HP 2010 was the "original" NFS reboot. CG is done with this gen so hopefully they'll kick off next gen with Burnout 6.

CG is in full control over NFS now, its highly unlikely Burnout 6 is on the horizon just yet. But I really wish there is one last Burnout on current gen consoles, to me it feels like EA forced CG into doing NFS.

I'd really like a remake of the first four Need for Speeds. The game would have the exact same tracks, modern day equivalents of the cars (apart from the cars like the Italdesign Scighera or La Niña). I'd pay full price for that if it was all four games that included a multiplayer mode 👍

I'd really like a remake of the first four Need for Speeds. The game would have the exact same tracks, original as well as modern day equivalents of the cars (including cars like the Italdesign Scighera or La Niña). I'd pay full price for that if it was all four games that included a multiplayer mode 👍

Fixed. This I'd pay for if you don't have to pay for online pass and a DLC feast 👍

I said 'apart from' meaning that the other cars would get modern day equivalents.

The Scighera is to awesome to be replaced :P

And I meant the original cars plus modern versions, they're all too awesome to be replaced :) (I see maybe Corvette, DB7 and Jaguar XK8 can be replaced with newer, but I won't give up the yellow Diablo for anything)

Oh, I didn't see what you changed :lol: that would be awesome! Then you could choose (be it single-player or MP) whether to race with just the 'Classic Cars', 'Modern Cars' or 'Both.'

Oh, and 4-player split screen is a must. Criterion/Ghost Games, if you want Need for Speed to go back to its roots then include split-screen, dammit :ouch:!

Jees, this thread has already put out the perfect new NFS :lol:

I'm all for the "classic/modern/both" filter 👍 maybe that can also affect the police radio? So classic would remain: "46 to county, in pursuit of a [insert car and color here]" and modern would be more like in the new NFS?

I can only imagine what an up-to-date Empire City would look like, priceless ('98: Death Star, Mothman (the big statues anyone?), sky looks like lava as well as the lavafall in the industrial part (whose textures contain skulls), the strange sun as well as the police uniform, '13: ?) :lol:

Oh, and yes, SPLIT SCREEN 2-player Hot Pursuit RP with your family :sly:

Edit: If they did all NFS until and including Hot Pursuit 2 with original cars, tracks and music it's a day-one buy almost no matter what cr*p they put in it 👍

Last edited:
Well, I decided to post here. That classic/modern car thing got me thinking about the cars in the original NFS3 and their modern equivalents:
Italdesign/Alfa Romeo Scighera (Modern: I dunno. 8C? 4C?)
Aston DB7 (Modern: DB9, DBS or V12 Vantage)
Chevy Corvette C5 (Modern: Corvette ZR1/Corvette C7 Stingray)
Ford EL Falcon GT (Modern: FG Falcon XR6 Turbo/FG Falcon XR8)
HSV VT GTS (Modern: Commodore SS/HSV VE GTS/Clubsport)
Jaguar XJR-15 (Modern: Yikes! Nothing else comes close!)
Jaguar XK8 (Modern: XKR/F-Type)
Lambo Countach and Diablo SV (Modern: Aventador LP700-4)
Mercedes CLK GTR (Modern: SLS AMG GT3?)
Mercedes SL600 (Modern: SL65 AMG Black Series)
Bit messy, but I guess I got the important cars in. I'm open to suggestions!

EDIT: Oh, wait...this is a video game...I can smell Shift 3 around the corner. It's going to have a storyline similar to Shift 1 & 2, but I think it'll play more like the Underground games.

I just remembered another car to add to my list. If you bought NFS3 from Wal-Mart (IIRC), you could get a special purple and yellow Corvette C5 just like the Indy 500 pace car that year. Perhaps a modern equivalent would be the white C6 ZR1 that paced the Indy last year.

I just remembered another car to add to my list. If you bought NFS3 from Wal-Mart (IIRC), you could get a special purple and yellow Corvette C5 just like the Indy 500 pace car that year. Perhaps a modern equivalent would be the white C6 ZR1 that paced the Indy last year.

I don't think it was on the PSX version.

I'm hoping they'll kick off the next generation of consoles with a brand new Hot Pursuit. And please, no drifting and weapons please, I want to see a true NFS, not a Burnout game like MW2.

This sums up what I hope the next NFS should be.

The next COD is going to be next gen only so I have high expectations that the next NFS will at least be cross gen.

Here's an interesting theory I came up with that I'd like to talk about:

After Battlefield 4 was announced last week that it was running on the new Frostbite 3 engine, I started thinking of ideas that Ghost Games is secretly using Frostbite 3 instead of Frostbite 2.

Even though it mentioned on their past website back when they were known as EA Gothenburg, they would be using Frostbite 2 for their games.

When they rebranded themselves as Ghost Games, they didn't list what engine was being used on their current website.

What do you guys think about this? Do you think Ghost Games are using Frostbite 2 or 3 for Need for Speed: Rivals?

Last edited:
Most likely FB3 & the game might be on next gen systems to help push sales. We'll soon know with E3 approaching in what June? Right?

Back