New to the GTP_WRS? Introduce yourself

• Thread starter Sjaak
  • 2,039 comments
It seems that I have posted this on the wrong spot, so excuse the copy paste effort to this thread

"I'm Johann, or "Jo", from Cape Town (South Africa). IT Consultant by day, absolute car fanatic and GT6 racer by night :P Oh, and I'm also on the national committee for the Audi Club of South Africa - my other passion.

I've completed the GT6 non-online events and decided that this would be a nice challenge to keep the game fun... I hope to give you guys some competition down the line (as much as is possible with a DS3), but for now I'm focusing on learning how to do proper tuning from the experts here - Thanks to all the people who share their tunes, as I'm still useless at that..."

It seems that I have posted this on the wrong spot, so excuse the copy paste effort to this thread

"I'm Johann, or "Jo", from Cape Town (South Africa). IT Consultant by day, absolute car fanatic and GT6 racer by night :P Oh, and I'm also on the national committee for the Audi Club of South Africa - my other passion.

I've completed the GT6 non-online events and decided that this would be a nice challenge to keep the game fun... I hope to give you guys some competition down the line (as much as is possible with a DS3), but for now I'm focusing on learning how to do proper tuning from the experts here - Thanks to all the people who share their tunes, as I'm still useless at that..."

You'll find there are some very fast Ds3 users around here, ItsAllAboutWins being probably the fastest (Division 1), but there are users in all divisions...

Hello, I'm Ettick. I consider myself new to GTP, though I'm not a total noob to racing games. I used to play Forza 2 and 3 a lot with ITCC_Andrew (RIP) back in the day and also grew up with Gran Turismo 2-4. However, due to my brother taking the Xbox 360 to college, which left me without any racing games to play, I took a two year break from racing games and just came back near the end of GT5.

My time here has been great and I hope that it'll continue to be that way.

Hello everyone , my name is Patryk ( but call me Patrick,Patris or Pat ) I'm from Poland ,I'm 15 ( and 3/4 ) and I think I'm not currently a good driver. My GT history started with GT2 ( japanese version ) in 2007 , later there was gt4,gt5 and a LOT of racing games ( not enough time to talk ).

My WRS target is to have fun and improve myself to be a good driver someday

Hi everyone, my name is Nathan Harder.

I used to be in PRL (F1 2013 PS3 league). I just bought a Logitech G27 about a month ago. I'm 19 years old. I think that's all I need to say for an introduction. :)

Can't wait to start racing!

Welcome to :gtpflag:

Here's a link to the thread with the instructions how to join: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtp_wrs-registration-gt6-new-members-start-here.313756/

In the online lobby we were practicing for this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...vent-sun-19th-oct.316571/page-8#post-10153861

Hi Chaps,
More of a re-introduction, this.
I've had an enforced break due to my old PS3 fatty finally giving up the ghost.
I caved in and bought myself a new PS3. Unfortunately my original GTP_DukeOfPendle was associated with an email account which is now defunct. I know there's a way to register a new address, but I can't be assed to jump through those hoops.
So - I created an new psn and started the game from scratch.
It's an odd feeling, seeing my friends list completely empty, so I want to invite all my old buddies to send me a friend request, so I don't feel so lonely :(.

New psn: GTP_PendleDuke

Thanks all. :cheers:

Hi Chaps,
More of a re-introduction, this.
I've had an enforced break due to my old PS3 fatty finally giving up the ghost.
I caved in and bought myself a new PS3. Unfortunately my original GTP_DukeOfPendle was associated with an email account which is now defunct. I know there's a way to register a new address, but I can't be assed to jump through those hoops.
So - I created an new psn and started the game from scratch.
It's an odd feeling, seeing my friends list completely empty, so I want to invite all my old buddies to send me a friend request, so I don't feel so lonely :(.

New psn: GTP_PendleDuke

Thanks all. :cheers:

Welcome back :gtpflag:

I joined WRS few months ago ,came across this thread now.I am 22yo and my name is Ruzhan(ruz) .Well ,i have been playing Gran Turismo since 1.Was a DS3 player just before i joined WRS so it took a bit of time for me to get used to wheel.
Let me know if you guys/girls wanna know anymore info ;)

Last edited:
That link is slightly outdated, the qualification laps are no longer required but there is a lot of good info in the video (replay exporting, etc ...)

Hi to The WRS,

My names Richard, I'm from Wales - a lesser known country that's part of the UK.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since it's inception and consider myself an out and out petrolhead.

I've already taken part in a couple of races and hope to continue to compete a bit more regularly in both the TT's and WRS series.

Must say it's been a great experience thus far. :cheers:

That's all for now. đź‘Ť

Hi to The WRS,

My names Richard, I'm from Wales - a lesser known country that's part of the UK.

I've been playing Gran Turismo since it's inception and consider myself an out and out petrolhead.

I've already taken part in a couple of races and hope to continue to compete a bit more regularly in both the TT's and WRS series.

Must say it's been a great experience thus far. :cheers:

That's all for now. đź‘Ť

Welcome Richard (Awesome nickname by the way):D:gtpflag:

Don't think I ever posted here to do a formal introduction...I'm Jon, I'll be 41 next month and I'm currently enjoying the weather in Michigan. I'm British by birth and lived in the UK until 2005 when my wife and I moved to Australia where we lived until 2012, when we moved to MI, now with 2 kids in tow. Work (car industry) and a healthry desire to progress my career has been responsible for the moves.

I've been racing GT titles since 1998, interspersed with GPL on the PC. Started WRS time trials in wk8 of the GT5 trials and haven't looked back since. I don't get as much time as I want to run the events (not many people do I guess), but I enjoy it immensely. I'd love one day to run one of the Wednesday evening races...one day!

Many of you know me anyway, but hello to those that don't!
:gtpflag:

Back