• Thread starter Ronny W
  • 21 comments

Ronny W

Awesome Volvo
Premium
Norway
Norway
ronnywatto
Yesterday i bought the Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3, tried it on Matterhorn.
Was ok...(driveable)
Installed everything you can buy, incl. racing soft.
But in a simple track as High Speed Ring, the car understeers wildly in the first and last corners.(even with full downforce).. runs out and up in the barrier at the mid/end in the first corner.
Even worse in the last corner.

In my Subaru S206 i can reach 300 km\t (180-190 mph) easily though the first corner, but with the GT3 i have to gear down to 5th and can manage 250 km\t (150 mph).

What?:banghead:🤬

1,01 the first round with the S206 and 1,04 ish with GT3..

Any suggestions?:bowdown:

My son had the same problem with the BMW Z4 GT3... ok(?) on Matterhorn, but totaly useless on High Speed Ring..

I find it difficult to tune in Gt6 compare to Gt5, anyone else feels the same?:confused:

Last edited:
I actually thought those cars handled extremely well stock. I thrashed the Z4GT3 and expected it to say "screw off, I'm done" but its been quite respectable. The GTR GT3 has been converted to FR I believe so thats why it must have low grip. If anything set the cambers higher in the front than the rear and put a negative toe angle on front and positive in rear. Thats what solved my cars that keep on breaking grip.

Yesterday i bought the Nissan Nismo GT-R GT3, tried it on Matterhorn.
Was ok...(driveable)
Installed everything you can buy, incl. racing soft.
But in a simple track as High Speed Ring, the car understeers wildly in the first and last corners.(even with full downforce).. runs out and up in the barrier at the mid/end in the first corner.
Even worse in the last corner.

In my Subaru S206 i can reach 300 km\t (180-190 mph) easily though the first corner, but with the GT3 i have to gear down to 5th and can manage 250 km\t (150 mph).

What?:banghead:

Any suggestions?:bowdown:
I just bought this also hoping I could use it in the IA Dream Car Championship. It handled terrible. It literally won't turn left or right at over 180 mph on the straights at Nurburgring or Circuit de la Sarthe. You can move joystick on DS3 completely left or right and the car stays almost completely straight. Going through Cape Ring you can't go over 80 mph on the circle or you'll go straight into the wall. I left suspension stock and tried tweaking it and had no luck. The Camber and Toe are very extreme on stock settings as it is.

My son had the same problem with the BMW Z4 GT3... ok(?) on Matterhorn, but totaly useless on High Speed Ring..

I find it difficult to tune in Gt6 compare to Gt5, anyone else feels the same?:confused:

71 Gs Stage 1:

I just bought this also hoping I could use it in the IA Dream Car Championship. It handled terrible. It literally won't turn left or right at over 180 mph on the straights at Nurburgring or Circuit de la Sarthe. You can move joystick on DS3 completely left or right and the car stays almost completely straight. Going through Cape Ring you can't go over 80 mph on the circle or you'll go straight into the wall. I left suspension stock and tried tweaking it and had no luck. The Camber and Toe are very extreme on stock settings as it is.

Agree, the Nissan GT3 and the Z4 GT3 feels like hoovercrafts:crazy:

But bought the M3 GT 2011 (GT2) less power, and heavier than the Z4.
This seems to be ok. Much easier to drive, and easily hit 180-190 mph through the same corners as mentioned.

So the million dollar question is:

WHAT THE F..K IS WRONG WITH THE GT3 CARS???:banghead:

Starting to get pissed on the GT3 cars...🤬🤬🤬🤬 them..:gtpflag:

Thanks, will try your setups.
I`m sadly struggeling with understeer troughout the game, it seems.
Gt6 feels nowhwere near Gt5 when it comes to cornering speeds.

Thanks, will try your setups.
I`m sadly struggeling with understeer troughout the game, it seems.
Gt6 feels nowhwere near Gt5 when it comes to cornering speeds.

Be careful of too much rear grip, this can have a car so planted (at the rear) it will stop the front from turning..

R35 GT3 has a very planted rear end naturally, to help the car you need to loosen the rear (this is with racing hards & stock engine)..

The GT-R NISMO GT3 15th AE '13 seems to have manageable grip. I raced it on the Nurburgring(24hr) during the IB Night Masters. I could post PD's tune if that might help us figure out what(and how) they adjusted on the car.

Last edited:
Be careful of too much rear grip, this can have a car so planted (at the rear) it will stop the front from turning..

R35 GT3 has a very planted rear end naturally, to help the car you need to loosen the rear (this is with racing hards & stock engine)..

Mine is fully tuned and with racing soft, as told in PM i like grip.
But i have sheet B-C open with stock settings.
Will try out later... thanks 👍

The Nissan GT-R GT3 15th AE seems to have manageable grip. I raced it on the Nurburgring(24hr) during the IB Night Masters. I could post PD's tune if that might help us figure out what(and how) they adjusted on the car.

That would be very nice..
Wondering why i have different AE cars? Are they not the same package in Europe?
11 different cars than i was promised...:banghead: anyway to get hold of all the AE cars?

The GT-R GT3 is a relatively heavy car. Heavy cars don't like to turn when going really fast.
It's physics. You can't "Tune" the suspension to over come the weight of a car.
Issac Newton covered all of this a few centuries ago. ;)

I can go a good 10mph faster around the hairpin at Silverstone in my Elise 111R than I can in my GT-R. Why?
Weight.

The GT-R GT3 is a relatively heavy car. Heavy cars don't like to turn when going really fast.
It's physics. You can't "Tune" the suspension to over come the weight of a car.
Issac Newton covered all of this a few centuries ago. ;)

I can go a good 10mph faster around the hairpin at Silverstone in my Elise 111R than I can in my GT-R. Why?
Weight.

Yes i understand all this, but my problem is in high speed corners (150-200mph).
In these kinds of speed the car has extreme downforce, due to splitters,flat floors and rear wing.:P
I don`t think you would try a corner speed in 200mph with the 111R, unless it`s converted to a Hennesey Venom:cheers: ironi... he he.
Been following most motorsport since mid 80`s, so i think im up to speed with how things develop:P

But of course you`r 100% correct, weigth kills corner speed, unless the car produces exreme downforce both mecanical and aerodynamic downforce....:gtpflag:

Last edited:
Well, its all a matter of the right setup, my GTR GT3 is a f..... beast on track.
Managed to go for a 2:12,849 at SPA with 552hp and 1350kg and almost with minimum downforce cause that car has very much mechanical grip, is almost the same like my SLS or R8 Phoenix times.
The settings where online all on realistic, tirewear on normal and abs only.
A lot of testing and u will see and feel the difference.
If u have the apex book from GT5 read it and try to use those things in there to setup a car, it works.

Last edited:
Are any of the cars running camber? A few racing cars run it as stock setting.
If so, drop it back to 0.0 on both ends and grip will soon return

I have done a setup for the Nismo GT3 Schulz '13 car. I had the same problem as you, it was a little stiff on the turning when you got to a corner. The link below is my attempt of having a GT3 car that turns and has loads of power. I tested it on the GT3 championship and won every race. Was an easy 800,000 credits with this tune.

Link here

It may help you with some of the issues you have.

I had a VERY similar problem that I posted a few times. The only way I found to resolve this issue was to run "Racing Medium" up front and "Racing Soft" on the rear. I know it sounds counter productive but it was the only way I could resolve this issue with my evo and my GTR. This also helped fix the well known "stoppie" problem with AWD and FWD cars. Hopefully this helps.

I have to agree with Highlandor. Reduce the down force on the back end. This will help the car rotate. Also as a bonus allow for higher top speeds. It seem that areo and down force are different then in GT5. Just maxing out your downforce is not necessarily the best tune for the car.

i bring this up, i had a run with friends yesterday with that car and the GTA GT3
and noticed that it understeer a lot
then i looked at the spring values and weight ratio
i seen that there is a huge difference between front and rear springs rate and the ratio is not that much
looked to other FR GT3s and they are not like that

aren't the Nissan GT3 front springs rate overrated/broken ?

i bring this up, i had a run with friends yesterday with that car and the GTA GT3
and noticed that it understeer a lot
then i looked at the spring values and weight ratio
i seen that there is a huge difference between front and rear springs rate and the ratio is not that much
looked to other FR GT3s and they are not like that

aren't the Nissan GT3 front springs rate overrated/broken ?

Sometimes numerical values are misleading - if you work out the R35s springs in terms of % values, they're not that radical...

What I mean by % values is subtracting the min from max (spring) setting, divide by 100 then multiply by default spring (value). That'll give you the % 'strength' of spring.

You can change this equation to give you custom spring values pretty easily, very handy to use a starting point for cars of the same drivetrain..

Back