Nissan GTR LM Nismo Confirmed for GT Academy Final!!!

• Thread starter fortbo
  • 1,506 comments
pc0zxabogydkpda8x5nq.jpg
DAMS_Panoz_GTR-1_sm.jpg

Looks like Jalopnik called it when it came to the looks of the car. Shouldn't have doubted them after the spot-on sketches they had of the Corvette C7 well before it was revealed.

I truly don't understand the need to compared this to the Panoz, its front engine car so of course its going to resemble it in general shape.

I am kind of excited for the GTR LM Nismo to be in GT6. But I wish Kaz would add some more classic cars instead of VGT cars and new race cars.

And there you have it.

And to those saying it's ugly: to each their own. Everyone will have their own opinion, and I find regular LMP1 cars to be boring and uneventful to look at. Finally someone comes around and does something unique (no, it does not look like a Panoz) and I find it refreshing.

Looking forward to LeMans.

They are great photos. At least they are not off the SpudLens 3000 like the others!

Unlike many others I do not think it is ugly but I certainly wouldn't call it attractive. I do like the headlight graphic though with the strip splitting the unit. It sounds quite nice actually during the fly-by.
The 2015 Porsche 919 Hybrid is far nicer. Being a racecar however, aesthetics are irrelevant and performance is all that matters. How many GTP members commented on my suggestion thread for the Toyota TS040-HYBRID 2014 and called it ugly but then it won both WEC titles? I'm guessing Toyota doesn't mind at all.

I am excited to see how this GT-R LM Nismo performs this season and I applaud Nissan for taking a different approach to it's peers. I would like to see them win a race but Toyota has my support as it always does.

Last edited:
Why has Nissan been basically copy-pasting designs made by Panoz motorsport-wise I wonder? It doesn't look so bad, but it's quite annoying honestly, this is an evident lack of originality in my opinion. I'm interested on how it will perform in La Sarthe though.

Why has Nissan been basiclaly copy-pasting designs made by Panoz I wonder?

I didn't know making a front-engine prototype car was considered "Copy-pasting". Again, its the same configuration as the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 was so naturally its a similar appearance. These repeated complaints of "Stealing" need to stop, its been done to hell and back multiple times.

Why has Nissan been basically copy-pasting designs made by Panoz I wonder? motorsport-wise, it doesn't look so bad, but it's quite annoying honestly, this is an evident lack of originality in my opinion. I'm interested on how it will perform in La Sarthe though.

Yeah because originality seeps through every other LMP, right? I mean it definitely isn't like they all arrived at the same conclusion of "how to make a racing car fast" is it?

I didn't know making a front-engine prototype car was considered "Copy-pasting" Again, its the same configuration as the Panoz Esperante GTR-1 was so naturally its a similar appearance. These repeated complaints of "Stealing" need to stop, its been done to hell and back multiple times.
I'm not saying that they are "stealing" but it's so darn similar that it makes me things they copy pasted it, although I might be completely wrong on that, I do like the front-engine setting though.

Wow, get one blurry picture and no one can tell if it's ugly or not. Get a few clearer pictures and almost everybody gets their pitches and forks. Go figure, Jalopnik may have nailed it with their own sketch, bet they are feeling proud right now.

As for me? Personally, I do think it is not as nice-looking as other LMP cars, that low and long front, plus that very short rear just feels like someone took a Deltawing and stretched the front of it with some tweezers. But not being pretty doesn't mean that you can't win races, and that part has yet to be explained. Design-wise, the GT-R Nismo won't win any beauty contests soon. But can it win the 24 Hours of Le Mans? Who knows, Nissan hasn't told us what the drivetrain is...

I'm not saying that they are "stealing" but it's so darn similar that it makes me things they copy pasted it, although I might be completely wrong on that, I do like the front-engine setting though.

Ya know, if this thing is front engined, there is only so much you can do with bodyshape.

To those of you saying its ugly... what did you honestly expect it to look like?

I am happy there is something different out there... this is like the 70's trying something new!

And back on my Hype train COTA in GT6 theory. Why would they be testing in full livery just days ago only to go back to a black livery now? They were surely filming the Super Bowl commercial... with a possible GT6 tie in.

You heard it here first.

To those of you saying its ugly... what did you honestly expect it to look like?

I am happy there is something different out there... this is like the 70's trying something new!

And back on my Hype train COTA in GT6 theory. Why would they be testing in full livery just days ago only to go back to a black livery now? They were surely filming the Super Bowl commercial... with a possible GT6 tie in.

You heard it here first.
That's pushing speculation to the extreme.

You heard it here first.
I seriously think you're on to something, when I was at the WEC race there last year, they were advertising GT with the upcoming P1 car.

I seriously think you're on to something, when I was at the WEC race there last year, they were advertising GT with the upcoming P1 car.

In my experience, game companies don't advertise at race tracks unless there is content related to the Track or Series coming.

Back