Online And Offline Grip/Physics Differences: Possible Online Solution

I wonder how many people read this thread and others like it, and don't get that when people say "grip real" they actually mean, "grip reduction real" and when they say, "grip low" they actually mean, "grip reduction low", which in the game actually means "grip high", kinda the opposite of "grip low".

I wonder how many people read this thread and others like it, and don't get that when people say "grip real" they actually mean, "grip reduction real" and when they say, "grip low" they actually mean, "grip reduction low", which in the game actually means "grip high", kinda the opposite of "grip low".

There is no difference in track grip with the settings on low or high, lap times are around the same, I even had a go tonight just to double check nothing had changed.

Grip reduction settings in GT6 is for the track edge and weather.
  • Real: when you get dirt on your tyre's you will feel a loss of grip until the dirt has gone of the tyre's, when the track is wet, wet tyre's are your best choice
  • Low: slight or no effect when you get dirt on your tyre's, when wet the track is not as slippy as real and normal tyre's can be used.
As most of you recall, this offline/online difference in grip was also present in GT5 and corrected with an update. I wonder why it has resurfaced with GT6.

It is not as bad as GT5, GT6 offline runs the tyre's at optimal grip and low fuel thats why you can do lap after lap at optimal speed as you know, Online takes into account the Fuel and Tyre temperature and wear. I use many a tune offline and they run fine online and in the end i'm not that far off my offline speed.

It did. A quick way of minimising that gap is by using the Low Settings mentioned here. It seems to do the update for PD, and when they do release said update for GT6 then 'Real' will be the one to choose.

Have you tried running a cars fuel down and putting a new set of tyre's on ?, you will see the gap in time close between offline and online with the same track settings and the feeling the same as offline.

This has made me come to the conclusion that there is literally no difference between Low and Real, only that in Low you seem to have more overall grip. All other aspects are identical to each other.

All other aspects are not identical, try going on the grass on real and feel the difference in grip and they try on Low. Also try when the track is wet between the two settings and feel the difference.

For me personally, this is the best way of playing online. It has the grip levels and the physics of offline and allows you to alter every aspect of the game with tyre wear, damage etc. For an organised group racing regularly, this could be the best way to experience the game as I think it was meant to be experienced. Just my personal thoughts and concluding thoughts on this Grip Settings dilemma.

I used these settings when online. I implore anyone to try them out for yourself and tell me how the game feels to you.
  • Pick any track you want. I recommend a weather/time change one
  • Set weather to dry, but time settings are up to you
  • Boost: OFF
  • Penalty: None
  • Tyre/Fuel Depletion: Normal
  • Grip Reduction: Low
  • Visible Damage: (your choice)
  • Mechanical Damage (your choice)
  • Slipstream: Real
I also banned SRF, Active Steering etc. Again, this is free choice.

I think everyone here should try this out at least once and see how it feels to you. I'm sure you'll agree it feels pretty good online. :D

I tried your settings and I personally did not feel any difference or see any difference in lap times, the only difference was I could cut more of the chicane at Apricot hill reverse and not lose any speed going into the next corner, where in real if you cut it to much it will effect your next corner.

I'm not a hardcore player but I like the real setting for the track edge effect and i'm all for trying new setting's which is why I tried your's but there does not seem to be much difference in track grip to me.

But everyone has different opinions and plays the game different which in the end is the bonus of GT6 with all the options available so dont take it that im saying you should play it this way or that, you play how you like it 👍.

Tested with
  • Apricot Hill Reverse
  • Integra Type R (DC5) 04
  • Tyres Comfort soft Front, Comfort Medium Rear

Back