• Thread starter TJ13
  • 51 comments

TJ13

Dark Theme. Thank you.
Premium
United States
Minnesota
TJ136
Okay, so with the new feature, if you want to be invisible, it would still say Online now. Don't know if it's a bug or the invisibility power is now non-existant?

TB
@TJ13 - I think you only appear online to yourself and the staff. Because you can't hide from us. ;)

First thing that came to me as I read that :lol:

hnt4_171_.jpg

TB
@TJ13 - I think you only appear online to yourself and the staff. Because you can't hide from us. ;)

Sure I can. I just need a blue bar and a fancy pink name and a name like @TB and I can hide :lol:

I did notice the alignment with the badges on mobile devices for this seems to be slightly off.

TB
It appears to be left justified with the name.
That's how I was thinking it was going to look but it seems to sit just a hair lower than the rest making everything look misaligned.

I like this new feature. I have been waiting for it for a long time since the new software.

The only thing I still miss are the names of the members at the bottom of a thread, whom are watching that particular thread.

Last edited:
I don't get it. Why do certain members wish to be "invisible"? This Online Now! tag thing is such a nice feature. And yo're never totally invisible. When an invisible member posts, we know he/she is online.

:D

I like this new feature. I have been waiting for it for a long time since the new software.

The only thing I still miss are the names of the members at the bottom of a thread, whom are watching that particular thread.

If the users online at the forum index, the users viewing topic and the color option button are added I will go premium.

To do things like this without the need to type it

d.png

All other forums have that option, this is the first and only forum that I have seen that doesn't have the option.

View attachment 242147

All other forums have that option, this is the first and only forum that I have seen that doesn't have the option.
I can see why you would want that. I don't know how well it'll fair with mobile devices. My Droid 4 can barely deal with BB Code Editor; the Rich Text editor doesn't even come up. Frankly, I got accustomed to typing it out since there's more color options to type rather than use a fixed assort of colors. Off-topic from the main post but... hey.
I don't get it. Why do certain members wish to be "invisible"? This Online Now! tag thing is such a nice feature. And yo're never totally invisible. When an invisible member posts, we know he/she is online.

You don't know if they're online after they make a post. They could be gone the next second. I don't like to be known to be online since I'm a wallflower and someone who drifts in and out of places majority of the time. It also stops stalkers from seeing the same thread you're viewing... if there are any on here (if so, why are you stalking on a car themed thread with extras...).

I miss the ability to hide the premium bar underneath my username, although since we don't have red usernames anymore there wouldn't be any way to differentiate premo from non-premo.

When we had the option back in an older version of GTP, I kept it on. I keep it on now too. I don't feel that people need to know my precise online status.

View attachment 242147

We had it, and now we don't (though as others have mentioned, you can still type it). I'd imagine it's to discourage some of the more obnoxious colour changes some people think are necessary.

If one to the people I follow decide to stay invisible, can I still see there avatar under "people you follow"?

No, if they hide their online status completely you won't be able to see them as online, anywhere.

I miss the ability to hide the premium bar underneath my username, although since we don't have red usernames anymore there wouldn't be any way to differentiate premo from non-premo.
I really wish we had the red usernames again.

Just saying, 'Online now!'? Does no-one else have an issue with that particular phrase? It seems like your trying to sell us something... Although i definitely like the feature itself, its just the wording. Why not like a green outline around their profile picture or something? Hell, even just 'Online' seems more subtle. I don't know, just a suggestion.

Back