Online now tag

• Thread starter TJ13
  • 51 comments
I miss the ability to hide the premium bar underneath my username, although since we don't have red usernames anymore there wouldn't be any way to differentiate premo from non-premo.
Agreed. I keep crossing my fingers for red usernames to come back, as well the option to hide the Premium badge.

Red usernames can come back and green for the mods.

Just have to make a group for them and assign settings like color of username.

I doubt it will happen.

Just saying, 'Online now!'? Does no-one else have an issue with that particular phrase? It seems like your trying to sell us something... Although i definitely like the feature itself, its just the wording. Why not like a green outline around their profile picture or something? Hell, even just 'Online' seems more subtle. I don't know, just a suggestion.
Yes, I like that idea; however, I've gone around a few other forums and looked at there designs, and this is what I've found that I really like.
online.jpg

It's like a little radar blip, a GIF if you want to be technical, that slowly expands like a...radar blip...I don't know how else you describe it. :dopey:

It's like a little radar blip, a GIF if you want to be technical, that slowly expands like a...radar blip...I don't know how else you describe it. :dopey:
Dear lord, no gifs.

Regarding the phrasing, if you're currently Online, you're Online Now, correct? Horse apiece as far as I'm concerned and I have no issue one way or the other with which one Jordan has chosen. To be honest, I've never really look at it.

Next we'll be discussing why there's an exclamation point.

:(

Yes, they mean the same thing, it's just, Online is less intruding/annoying than Online Now!, it says "Look at me!".
Agreed.

And also, TB, the nature of your post would suggest that you are trying to defend yourself or someone else's decision. of so, im sorry if you feel that you must defend that decision, although i was merely making a suggestion, and a perfectly reasonable one at that. I understand that you moderators have much more of a say in this type of thing, but i have always seen this site as a very community driven site, and a little suggestion from a couple of members can't hurt. And just saying, i understand that making it a .gif could prove pretty annoying, but it can't be that hard to just change it to 'Online', could it? As EF12345678 said, 'Online now!' seems a little intrusive. Just saying. But anyway, i don't care that much, so don't take this the wrong way.

PS. I probably just made it worse, hey.

A pip would've been more harmonious to the overall design but I'm so glad to see this feature back. I'm a bit puzzled at the people referring to this as if it was new, it simply took a long time to get reinstated.

Meh. Online, Online Now, Online NOW!, whatever. I'm not even sure why it's there at all, to be honest.

Because it makes a place feel populated otherwise it can feel slightly clinical (bulletin board esque) when what you want is community.

I'm still hoping the software one day allows 'who's viewing this thread' to make a comeback, made it more alive even if just from a psychological view.

Last edited:
Back