Permanet Borrow Glitch 2.0 - It´s working!

Great. That`s exactly what I was/am doing right now. (Downloading to patch 1.10 atm.). But can`t I stay on my second PS3?

sure you can stay at your second PS3 but you will have thumbnails issues after erasing the game-data there, but you can try your glitched save-data on your first PS3 with intact game-data, then you have done exactly the same like thugdevotion. I am still wondering what went wrong in your first test?

So what would happen if on your main PS3 you had 1.10 and on the alt PS3 you had 1.05 so you wouldn't have to do any updating?

I only ask because 1.05 was when the game save copying was introduced and 1.06 was when car sharing was introduced.
I was thinking that it should work for any patch before 1.06

sure you can stay at your second PS3 but you will have thumbnails issues after erasing the game-data there, but you can try your glitched save-data on your first PS3 with intact game-data, then you have done exactly the same like thugdevotion. I am still wondering what went wrong in your first test?
I agree if you stay on second ps3 you will have issues
Teecro I will try it in a bit

I was exspecting to have the Proto in my garage. But it wasn`t. I swear. The active car was the car I jumped in but no Proto. :yuck:

We`ll see.

So what would happen if on your main PS3 you had 1.10 and on the alt PS3 you had 1.05 so you wouldn't have to do any updating?

I only ask because 1.05 was when the game save copying was introduced and 1.06 was when car sharing was introduced.

It could be possible that you don´t have to download anything when your second PS3 is on 1.05. But is it possible just to download Patch 1.05 only?

@thugdevotion

thanks for the confirmation! 👍

That would be worth a try. 👍

It`s not possible to patch 1.05 now if you go standard. (I don`t know if there is a way to use custom firmware. And if I would not recommend to use it!!!!)

It could be possible that you don´t have to download anything when your second PS3 is on 1.05. But is it possible just to download Patch 1.05 only?

@thugdevotion

thanks for the confirmation! 👍

That is what had led to my thinking about that. Because if you could run 1.05 you wouldn't have to do any uploading or downloading, therefor you wouldn't have to wait.
Just swap save back and forth back and forth with no downloading.

As for getting just 1.05 that I'm not sure about.

EDIT: Does any one know what version it brings you up to if you only download the very first part of the patches?

That is what had led to my thinking about that. Because if you could run 1.05 you wouldn't have to do any uploading or downloading, therefor you wouldn't have to wait.
Just swap save back and forth back and forth with no downloading.

As for getting just 1.05 that I'm not sure about.

EDIT: Does any one know what version it brings you up to if you only download the very first part of the patches?

I tried - no way.... After 608 MB you can`t copy savegame. After second download of 301 MB the borrowed car disappears when you change the car ingame.

I think just getting 1.05 Patch will not work, because most of the patches was combined with PS3 firmware updates. So maybe there is a lucky guy out there with 2 PS3, one still with Patch 1.05 who can test if the trick works. But there is no way to build up another 1.05 patched game right now.

I think just getting 1.05 Patch will not work, because most of the patches was combined with PS3 firmware updates. So maybe there is a lucky guy out there with 2 PS3, one still with Patch 1.05 who can test if the trick works. But there is no way to build up another 1.05 patched game right now.

I have a deja vu... :lol:

MÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖP

Step 7: You have deleted your "glitched" savegame!!!!

Yea, that's because I didn't knew that you can't save your gamesave with the unpatched game. :sly:

Easy & fast backup/restore theory:

mythbusters_busted.png

But what's about a full backup to avoid loosing your GT5 pics, replays & thumbnails?

This should work & you need to restore it only once after you are done with your sponging fest. 👍

Yea, that's because I didn't knew that you can't save your gamesave with the unpatched game. :sly:

Easy & fast backup/restore theory:

mythbusters_busted.png

But what's about a full backup to avoid loosing your GT5 pics, replays & thumbnails?

This should work & you need to restore it only once after you are done with your sponging fest. 👍

How doing several sponge actions? Does not work because you have to patch the PS3 you sponged the car on. Car by car... :yuck:

Have anyone tried it with a plus subscription? you have the option of saving to the plus folder then you dont have to download the patch all the time.

This idea also crossed my mind. This could work if it´s possible to save to the PSN+ Online storage without the patched game. Would save a lot of time.

I have tested it yesterday with my YLOD PS3 until the point before the patch is necessary, there is no USB stick available but PSN+ online storage is there, so chances are good that it will work.

so we need someone with 2 PS3s and a Plus account to test it!

good call 👍

How doing several sponge actions? Does not work because you have to patch the PS3 you sponged the car on. Car by car... :yuck:

No, you haven't got the point. Do what you do, but with a complete backup of your PS3. The backup you can restore days, month later after you are done with your sponing fest to get your pics, replays, tracks & thumbnails back. And then copy over your sponged gamesave. ;)

It's basically just a way to reset everything on your PS3 back to what it was. 👍

Have anyone tried it with a plus subscription? you have the option of saving to the plus folder then you dont have to download the patch all the time.

Well, that's a really good point. :dopey:👍

I don't have PS+, so was it possible to backup your GT5 gamesave to the online storrage since day 1?

If yes, then it should work & would save a lot of time & traffic.

the online storage of PSN+ was introduced in 2011, so it was not there at gamerelease. Maybe our chances that it will work rise because of that. PSN+ storage was never been told not to save any GT5saves. :)

Yea, I think it was part of the firmware update. So, the chaces that it could work are very high. :dopey:👍

Would really be a reason for me to get a PS+ subscription, at least for 3 month. :)

No, you haven't got the point. Do what you do, but with a complete backup of your PS3. The backup you can restore days, month later after you are done with your sponing fest to get your pics, replays, tracks & thumbnails back. And then copy over your sponged gamesave. ;)

It's basically just a way to reset everything on your PS3 back to what it was. 👍

I really lost you. You can`t use the "sponged" gamesave without patching the game. You can`t copy it (as far as the PSN+ option is not confirmed). It`s useless on the "unpatched game PS3". So I have to patch the game. There is no need for backup/store... I don`t get it. Too much for me. ... patch restore save delete backup sponge dupe... :crazy:

Ok, here's my step by step for you:

1.) do a full backup to a external HDD
2.) do what you are doing like in the OP described
3.) when you are done with your sponging fest, backup your gamesave to your USB stick
4.) restore your full backup to your PS3
5.) restore your "new" savegame & overwrite the old savegame
6.) done, enjoy.

Then you wouldn't loose your pics, replays, tracks & some gears. And you don't need a 2nd PS3. :dopey:👍

oh man, Kaz' head is gonig to EXPLODE! hehehehehe:D

Yesterday was his birthday, so I assume he has headache. Not only from reading about new GT5 exploits, but most likely from too much Sake. :lol:

sakebottle.jpg

Last edited:
It does NOT work. I have done step by step from the OP of the "Sponge-thread" - the result is: empty garage (NO single car), still Level 40/40, still 20 Mio credits. I lost all tickets, but get the Vettel X2010 ticket for reaching Level 35, as well as the Kart ticket and a ticket 1000... ???

MÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖP - over and out...

thinking on trying this tonight after trading is done.

I have 2 PS3's and 1 question...

In the OP here, there seems to be conflicting info: When you first get to the second PS3, do you overwrite the save with the borrowed car and THEN delete game data OR do you delete game data first and then overwrite the save using the USB containing borrowed car?

thanks guys!

I'm 2/2 using the 2 ps3 method, I load the borrowed car save to the second ps3 first then delete the game data..I still have all my pics, replays, and thumbnails, along with the 2 cars i sponged...Plus i got about 5 or 6 new paint chips.👍

This glitch totally worked and I picked up some kids 2J, still looking for other useless cars

tho
This glitch totally worked and I picked up some kids 2J, still looking for other useless cars

good to hear!

I need it for the X2010 proto. I won the vettel (when it was hard) but then gave my rig to my bro. Didn't figure i could ever gold, even with a wheel, let alone the freakin' DS3!

I did this last night and I got a x2010 out of the deal..I did lose alot of my thumbnails but I gained a 20,0000 car so I guess it was worth it..it did take awhile for the update to download but after it got done it worked normally..

I did this last night and I got a x2010 out of the deal..I did lose alot of my thumbnails but I gained a 20,0000 car so I guess it was worth it..it did take awhile for the update to download but after it got done it worked normally..
Did you use 1 or 2 ps3?

did you use a second PS3 and do you followed the steps in the OP in this thread?

Please don´t mix things up, we are working with 2PS3 in this thread. We want to keep our replays,photos, courses & thumbnails.
For feedback for the original glitch, please use the other thread (see link in OP!).

@ZeGermanBastorD

as I said I don´t have any experience with Backup & Restore your complete PS3 but if this is a safe procedure. It also might work with only one PS3, but in the end you are doing the same like the OP. You don´t have a second PS3 so you simulate one on your main PS3. A lot more effort, since you need to backup & restore between 20-300GB for the glitch. Let´s work with 2 PS3 in this thread.

@Monatsende

hmm, you are making something wrong when even the original glitch doesn´t work for you. I don´t know what it is.

@thugdevotion

great!👍

Last edited:
Back