Panthermobile (Custom Oldsmobile Toronado) 1969

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 8 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents the Pink Panther Mobile!

This unique vehicle featured in the title credits of the hit children's TV series from 1969 to 1976.

The car was the brainchild of prolific Hollywood vehicle designer Jay Ohrberg, who also made the DeLorean from Back to the Future and KITT from Knight Rider, as well as several Batmobiles.

This bright pink model - the 'Panthermobile' - appeared in the opening and closing sequences of The Pink Panther Show, which was inspired by the films starring Peter Sellers as bungling Inspector Clouseau.

Mr Ohrberg himself owned the car until he sold it in 2007, the vehicle is in totally original condition, and would benefit from some sympathetic restoration as the car is now 42 years old. The car is thought to be in full working order - but its new owner is unlikely to risk it on the road.

dzujvp.jpg

27zjjmo.jpg

2gtaoaq.jpg

OTHER VEHICLES ARE HERE

Last edited:
The radical and futuristic design... I hope it's lightweight and not tail-heavy, especially for a car originally from a famous cartoon.

The radical and futuristic design... I hope it's lightweight and not tail-heavy, especially for a car originally from a famous cartoon.
Well, it probably has decent aerodynamics. Not so sure about anything mass related. The donor car is FWD and with a big V8, probably very nose heavy. I'm not sure about the engine placement in this crazy looking thing.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back