PlayStation 4 General DiscussionPS4 

• Thread starter Sier_Pinski
  • 9,445 comments
I mentioned games I would start a PS4 library with, and I completely forgot about "Infamous: Second Son." I played parts of the first Infamous and thought it was pretty cool. Haven't played "Infamous" in a long while. I saw there was another Infamous-type game, but with a female protagonist. Isn't it "Infamous: First Light" or something?

So yeah- I forgot about the Infamous series.

Infamous: First Light is a spin-off prologue to Second Son.

Infamous: First Light is free with PS+ in January.

I've been watching The Tomorrow Children streams all evening. I have no clue what this game is but I'm fascinated. Seems to have elements of Don't Starve and Minecraft. Something about everything you do is for the benefit or detriment of the town is pretty interesting. Right now it's a definite but for me.

If I'm reading it right the only way to listen to my music on a PS4 is with a USB stick. No downloading to hard-drive like the PS3. If this is true it will be a deal breaker. I have all my music on my PS3 because it's so easy to find and listen to, plus I like custom playlists when watching my GT replays. I can't believe a company like Sony has no regard for music. Could someone tell me if this is true, and how many USB ports a PS4 has?

If I'm reading it right the only way to listen to my music on a PS4 is with a USB stick. No downloading to hard-drive like the PS3. If this is true it will be a deal breaker. I have all my music on my PS3 because it's so easy to find and listen to, plus I like custom playlists when watching my GT replays. I can't believe a company like Sony has no regard for music. Could someone tell me if this is true, and how many USB ports a PS4 has?
The PS3 was one of the very rare media devices that doesn't impose some sort of piracy protection for music(They did the Cinvidia thing for pirate movies), so I presume to avoid long and arduous lawsuits or avoid spending money on some sort of protection they just went with the obvious and removed the unlicensed media options we were lucky to have on PS3. I was disappointed when I heard about the PS4 not being able to do these things, but since I still have my PS3, I can use that as my 'media device'.

I suppose I'm not that bothered since I see my games console as just that, I don't care about things like Party Chat, streaming, media etc.

As of right now, yes. Well, either that or Sony's Music Unlimited service. I do believe Sony has stated they are working on allowing users to play music off the HDD but the feature isn't there yet.

The PS4 has 2 USB ports.

Thank you for the quick answers. The GT series is the only game I play so not having music is a bummer because with only 2 USB ports it means no music because both ports will be used (wheel and shifter). Hope this gets straightened out before GT-7, if not PC racing here I come.

Last edited:
The PS3 was one of the very rare media devices that doesn't impose some sort of piracy protection for music(They did the Cinvidia thing for pirate movies), so I presume to avoid long and arduous lawsuits or avoid spending money on some sort of protection they just went with the obvious and removed the unlicensed media options we were lucky to have on PS3. I was disappointed when I heard about the PS4 not being able to do these things, but since I still have my PS3, I can use that as my 'media device'.

I suppose I'm not that bothered since I see my games console as just that, I don't care about things like Party Chat, streaming, media etc.
Which devices put protection for music and how? I would have thought it was rare to have protection for music, not the other way around. I think PS4 looks like it will be a step forward compared to PS3 as a media device.

Thank you for the quick answers. The GT series is the only game I play so not having music is a bummer because with only 2 USB ports it means no music because both ports will be used (wheel and shifter). Hope this gets straightened out before GT-7.
I assume you have the T500RS and TH8RS shifter but if you have T300RS with TH8A, then that saves a USB port. If you feel the need for more ports, you can always get something like this: Link but hopefully for you by the time GT7 comes out, they have local HDD music support.

Last edited:
Which devices put protection for music and how? I would have thought it was rare to have protection for music, not the other way around. I think PS4 looks like it will be a step forward compared to PS3 as a media device.
I'm pretty sure that songs themselves can come with DRM protection now that only lets them be played through specific media players(the ones I've unfortunately came across where limited to WMP, oddly you could redownload a copy from the website for your phone or whatever, but once you played it on that device, it was 'locked'). Sony are involved in the music business too, so from a business perspective they could see it as 'protecting' their investment.

Actually, Sony's intention all along is to allow music to play from the hard disk. The only reason why they did what they did with 2.0 was that they would have been even longer to allow MP3 functionality on the PS4.

This is just a simple step up, that's it and that's all.

Really like this: Link
15749001668_72539e73f9_b.jpg

Will install the free 20th Anniversary PS4, PS3 & PS Vita Themes next time I'm on them consoles, PS1 startup sound is awesome.

Last edited:
I really like that!

If I was in the market to buy a PS4, I'd buy that in a heartbeat! :drool:
I'm thinking of buying it if possible although as a collectors item, I imagine quite a few won't be used. Hopefully they do something for the 25th Anniversary, by then should be able to make it closer in shape and size as PS1 and maybe even a top loader ;).

Will install the free 20th Anniversary PS4, PS3 & PS Vita Themes next time I'm on them consoles, PS1 startup sound is awesome.

When are these being released? If the theme plays a different start up sound everytime you fire up the PS4 it'll be the best theme ever!

I haven't bought a PS4, was considering the White one but this Grey one is more special and might go for it.... if I could even find one!

I also thought this image was pretty cool....

Playstation 20th Anniversary.jpg

Shame they made it a limited edition so they can charge 100+ bucks extra just for using another type of plastic...
Would have been nice if they would have released it same price as the regular one and in lot's of units too, so everyone that was there from the PS1 days can easily buy one.

Shame they made it a limited edition so they can charge 100+ bucks extra just for using another type of plastic...
Would have been nice if they would have released it same price as the regular one and in lot's of units too, so everyone that was there from the PS1 days can easily buy one.

Yeah rather than make it limited edition make it the '20th Anniversary Grey' colour choice with normal availability. You can bet they will be swept up by scalpers and stuck on eBay for like $1000.

Yeah rather than make it limited edition make it the '20th Anniversary Grey' colour choice with normal availability. You can bet they will be swept up by scalpers and stuck on eBay for like $1000.
Once again it's all about the dough.
By the way it's my birthday today so seeing i have that in common with playstation i think Sony should ship me one for free :D

Last edited:
I thought it was quite well priced going by current prices for the standard PS4. They don't seem to be charging any extra for this edition, just need to get lucky to be able to buy one. A bargain really as I'm sure it will be have much better resale value too.

The sad thing is that sellers on eBay will probably by this and resell it on there for $1,000.

I had always thought that Sony should make a PS4 that looks like a PS1 for their 20th anniversary of the brand.

The sad thing is that sellers on eBay will probably by this and resell it on there for $1,000.

I had always thought that Sony should make a PS4 that looks like a PS1 for their 20th anniversary of the brand.

But not a PS One...

Looks like one as in the color of the console. Also has the classic PS logo on the console and the controller as well.

Looks to me more like a PS1 (or PS) than the PS One, the PS One was a lighter shade and a bit floaty-shaped.

Latest Posts

Back