POLL: Would You Like The Option Of Changeable Race Numbers For All Cars?

• Thread starter VBR
  • 42 comments

Would You Like The Option Of Changeable Racing Numbers For All Cars?

• Total voters

VBR

Meme Dissident in Exile...
Premium
England
Yorkshire
ScapeGoat4U
WhippingBoy
It just seems like such a waste only having changeable race numbers for RM cars, when being able to buy a race number for any car & changing it whenever you wanted would add so much to online racing, especially for team racing & championships. What do you guys think?

Would you like to be able to buy a racing number in GT Auto for all cars (regardless of whether they could be Race Modified or not) & then be able to enable/disable it at will & change the number in your garage?

Would you like to be able to change the static race number on pre-existing race cars at will?

If you would then please vote yes! If Kazunori San is a man of his word & really does pay attention to what GT users want, then it will no doubt appear in the game in some future update, right? ;)

👍

Last edited:
I would also like to have a setting where you can have your main number (eg, in the profile). This would be automatically set on any new vehicles.

There should also be a mechanism to change the current number for all vehicles.

would be a nice little feature but i'd much rather they did something else as it's not going to change the experience for me

VBR
Would you like to be able to change the static race number on pre-existing race cars at will?

A lot of race cars are an exact replica of a particular car, drivers name and number included so doubt that would ever happen.

I just thought it would be a nice little touch & can't believe they never thought of it. It would make the online championships that are being run easier to manage & better for spectators who wanna watch online races to follow their favourite drivers.

:dopey:

This is one of the things I feel is missing in GT5. I always want to personalize my cars, but other than paint color, it's pretty hard to personalize most cars that exist in the game. I've read that DiRT 3 will automatically put your last name as well as your customized number on all of your cars.

I feel like to simulate racing, having a number on your car is an absolute must. I would also love to add racing stripes or graphics, but if they want to leave that to other racing games, then I'll respectfully accept their decision.

This is one of the things I feel is missing in GT5. I always want to personalize my cars, but other than paint color, it's pretty hard to personalize most cars that exist in the game. I've read that DiRT 3 will automatically put your last name as well as your customized number on all of your cars.

I feel like to simulate racing, having a number on your car is an absolute must. I would also love to add racing stripes or graphics, but if they want to leave that to other racing games, then I'll respectfully accept their decision.

If they did add optional race numbers we could enable & disable at will for all cars, a few stripes/basic graphics & some livery/sponser options it'd certainly be better imo.

👍

Not just RM Cars... the go-kart can change number and the Citroen GT Racecar.

Yes, so I could use Dale Jr's iRacing World Championship #1 car. :D

This is a non-issue. Much more important things need to be added other than being able to change a number...

This is a non-issue. Much more important things need to be added other than being able to change a number

Last edited:
A lot of race cars are an exact replica of a particular car, drivers name and number included so doubt that would ever happen.

True, although a solution would be to be able to paint them making them nondescript (like the Lexus IS-F Concept) for those who prefer to have their own number attached.
Sure it would perhaps "ruin" the real replica although PD proved they're not that strict with authenticity, there's only one example of the Jaguar XJ13 in the world yet it's the only one of the 3 '67 Le Mans racers included you're able to paint strangely enough (I've seen examples of yellow and white P4's yet never saw another colour on the XJ13 than the green it's painted obviously).
In fact PD committed heresy in my opinion by offering an XJ13 Chromeline version.........
Not that bothered by the lack of ability to change the numbers on these cars myself though, what is needed though on the RM cars (aside from more of them) is a livery editor, even a very basic one consisting of choosing options, although that's an entirely different subject.

Yes I would like, sometimes I and some friends make trophy's, one-maker races without RM cars, and we was thinking to have numbers for our cars for identify better and for logistic background work. And give some race visual to the game.

Not really bothered. To be honest there is other stuff I would consider more important than this, but thats for another thread.

Not really bothered. To be honest there is other stuff I would consider more important than this, but thats for another thread.

But, that's not to say that adding numbers to the sides of cars is a time-consuming process. I've heard people talking about livery editors for a long enough period of time.

I just want to mention Forza x (1-4), GRID, and a few other games, including iRacing.

In Forza, you got a plain car with a few shapes, and you can change those shapes to look like number plates, and put numbers in them.

In GRID and iRacing, you get a number plate, and choose which number you'd prefer to have.

Yes, I did make that livery in GIMP 2.0. But, the numbers all over the car are put in by iRacing, upon finishing the car, and loading it up. In my case, I chose #15, and that's clearly visible several times throughout the beginning/middle of the video.

So, yes, while it'd be nice to have other features, I think having this feature is valid, since it's likely not going to take too much time to program it in.

A 'Racing Number' on a Road car would just look silly :P

Can you imagine a bare road car with Racing Numbers plastered over it(?) :lol:

Sure, it would be a good addition to Race cars that don't already have the option; and a few road cars would suit it, but on most road cars it would just look 'wrong'.

:-/

This topic died almost two years ago now.

While I'm bothering with a reply:
livery editor > race numbers for all cars > GT5

Latest Posts

Back