Porsche will not be in GT5

• Thread starter Lain
  • 2,206 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
then why did you open and read this thead?

Because i was wondering why people where still posting after confirmation had come through.

If any topic should be locked by mods its this one, sorry porka fans.

GT-R is better anyway and GT has exclusive on that.

Porsche and RUF are different. A ferrari fanboy would appreciate driving a Koenig F50 but it wouldn't have the same "taste" and "I-am-in-a-Ferrari" feeling as driving the true F50.

It's the same for RUF and Porsche.

But you're getting an enhanced version of a Porsche or Ferrari, and who doesn't want that?

But you're getting an enhanced version of a Porsche or Ferrari, and who doesn't want that?

What if you just had a Mine's Skylines and no regular Nissans? I'm sure there will be people who would complain.

Because i was wondering why people where still posting after confirmation had come through.

If any topic should be locked by mods its this one, sorry porka fans.

Has something changed in the past day? Because yesterday, the IGN article stated that it's very likely that Porsche wouldn't be in GT5. They never said 100% certain that it won't be in.

Porsche has been in major financial trouble lately(before vw contract) and might be that they raised all fees for using their logos and car models on every thing. Porsche just does not get it that GT5 would have been the cheapest and absolutely best advertisment for their cars for next 10 years.

What if you just had a Mine's Skylines and no regular Nissans? I'm sure there will be people who would complain.

Has something changed in the past day? Because yesterday, the IGN article stated that it's very likely that Porsche wouldn't be in GT5. They never said 100% certain that it won't be in.

People will still complain about everything. Some just need to get over the fact that Porsche will most probably not be in GT5 (Confirmed?) and accept Ruf as a secondary choice. Even I was a bit annoyed by the news but I've accepted it. But it gets unfair to Ruf, to me atleast, when people don't really acknowledge Ruf's history or placing next to Porsche. It may not be as glamorous as Porsche's history, but Ruf has made great achievements.

Wow I can't believe I typed that.

People will still complain about everything. Some just need to get over the fact that Porsche will most probably not be in GT5 (Confirmed?) and accept Ruf as a secondary choice. Even I was a bit annoyed by the news but I've accepted it. But it gets unfair to Ruf, to me atleast, when people don't really acknowledge Ruf's history or placing next to Porsche. It may not be as glamorous as Porsche's history, but Ruf has made great achievements.

I agree that Ruf rightly deserves to be in GT. They have made great achievements, but I can't place them next to what Porsche has achieved. I'm sure Herr Ruf would agree.

^I'm using the comparison thing to show that Ruf is somewhat comparable to Porsche in overall history.

I know, but here's a list of Porsche accomplishments (not counting the 911's numerous wins in its class).

* 14 Makes and Team World Championship (1964, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1994)
* 8 Long Distance World Championship
* 3 IMSA Supercar-Series (1991, 1992, 1993)
* 6 German Racing Championship (1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985)
* 20 European Hill Climbing Championship
* 21 Daytona 24 Hours (1968, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1995, 2003, 2009)
* 15 IMSA Supercar-Race (USA)
* 16 24 Hours of Le Mans (1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998)
* 18 12 Hours of Sebring (1960, 1968, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 2008)
* 11 Targa Florio (1956, 1959, 1960, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973)
* 4 Rallye Monte Carlo (1968, 1969, 1970, 1978)
* 2 Paris-Dakar Rally (1984, 1986)
* 1 Formula One victory (1962)

compared to Ruf's most notable contribution to the motoring world: The Yellowbird.

To be frank, only Ferrari has achievements that can outmatch Porsche.

Last edited:
EA is completely hogging the porsche licence, and they don't put any good ones in anyways. Just a 911, a cayman, and that's it. PD would have all porsches dating back to when it started, or so i'd hope.

I watch MotorsTV on television and there are many race events. But in almost all those races there are Porsches. :( I don't think they have modelled them all for RUF or something. Porsche is so important in Le Mans.
porsche_917k_le-mans.jpeg

porsche-le-mans-30-09-06.jpg

05-02-07-02-Porsche-Rinspeed-997-Turbo-Le-Mans-600.jpg

lm955.jpg

page3.jpg

jeroen_bleekemolen_zegeviert_in_porsche_carrera_cup_op_zandvoort.jpg

I'v been to this cup in Zandvoort. It was after the DTM, Formula 3 and Seat Leon cup.

-> If PD is unable to aquire "the coveted" Porsche licence, there are alternatives:

Ruf (PD covers that already)
ruf2.jpg

Gemballa
gemballa_mirage_black.jpg

Rinspeed
0603_geneva_01+2007_rinspeed_zazen_concept+front_left_view.jpg

9ff
57393968_3ce926645e.jpg

Daur
dauer.jpg

Canepa Design
959a1.jpg

LINK

Scuppan
schuppan962cr9430yk1.jpg

-> There are so many Porsche alternatives out there; all we have to do is to tell KY about them! :sly:

Last edited:
I'm thinking, what would prevent PD from licensing independent vehicles from Porsche whether it be track-ready or otherwise and just re-brand them as they've done with the F1 cars that were in GT3 and GT4?

The Mirage GT is a good example, although I'm unsure if that fits my thought as I'm unsure whether you'd need to license both the Carrera GT and the usage of the Gemballa brand name, or just the latter.

I'm really disappointed that once again there won't be any Porsches in the next GT. I'm really starting to think that the Forza devs are making exclusive deals with them just to make sure they got something GT does'nt!

And I don't understand why because Forza is a respectable game in its own right, based on my experience playing it for a short while, even if some might argue they're not on par with GT in many areas. And to those saying it's no problem because Porsches suck,are ugly,overrated,etc well wake up, GT would only be really complete with them considering their importance in racing and car history in general! Ferrari,Bugatti and Lambo ( plus maybe Maserati) is a giant step forward but Porsche is a must as Ruf is merely a plughole to fill the void.

I was planning to buy both consoles and get Forza anyway, and this gives me a good reason to do so....

I'm really disappointed that once again there won't be any Porsches in the next GT. I'm really starting to think that the Forza devs are making exclusive deals with them just to make sure they got something GT does'nt!

...GT would only be really complete with them considering their importance in racing and car history in general!

I'm disappointed GT won't have Porsche. Forza will have the 906 & the 956, but am disappointed by not having night racing or weather.

One day, there will be a game that will have both (among other things)...

I'm disappointed GT won't have Porsche. Forza will have the 906 & the 956, but am disappointed by not having night racing or weather.

How do you know we wont have night racing or weather?

Straight from Kazunori Yamauchi himself, weather
changes and night racing are coming to a GT game near you...
From NG4. Said by the devs. so where did you get that information from.

Last edited:
How do you know we wont have night racing or weather?

Straight from Kazunori Yamauchi himself, weather
changes and night racing are coming to a GT game near you...
From NG4. Said by the devs. so where did you get that information from.

Care to re-read my post again? I never said GT will not have night racing nor weather.

but am disappointed by not having night racing or weather.

there. now read that outloud.

^Erm...I was under the impression that Day/night cycles are on the way...I think it was noted in a interview of Kaz by Audi.

In other words, Forza will have Porsche, but not night racing nor weather. I'm disappointed by both games, but for different reasons.

I dunno...I know according to IGN Porsche's are most likely not going to be in GT5...but I'm still skeptical due to the fact that the only thing released at Gamescom about GT5 was the demo....and the only other reason we know anything else is because of the "leaked" features list...whether it was meant to be leaked or not...maybe KY is saving something (or everything) for TGS. Time will tell I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back