- Dunlop Direzza Zii tires, 215/45/17
- Grimspeed Upper Strut Brace
- Grimspeed Master Cylinder Brace Kit
- Motul 600F Brake Fluid
- Full Synthetic oil
- Motul differential Fluid
- Hawk HP Plus Brake Pads
- Vishnu Open Flash Tablet – Stage I ECU Tune
- Open Flash Unequal Length (catless) Exhaust Header (on order)
- A few small cosmetic adjustments.

Future Considerations:
- Oil Cooler
- Air-oil separator

I have two more track events lined up for the late summer. I may eventually go to a good quality coil-over setup, Ohlins are getting good reviews with this car but they're a bit pricey. But at this point, I feel that I'm still not really making the most out of the stock setup. When it begins to hold me back I'll explore options. But I can tell you, once you have decent rubber, the stock suspension on this car is just wonderful.

Since this isn't my daily driver, if I get to the point, over the next 2-3 seasons, that I'm running more than 4~5 track events during the year, I may eventually consider partially gutting the interior and putting in a half roll cage, just out of safety concerns. But I'm reluctant to start such a project with a car that's still under warranty. And I prefer the flexibility of driving it to the track rather than having to put it on a trailer. Once you install a racing seat and harness, things get iffy with the DOT. But as I said, I'm a long way from that point.

Last edited:
Damn that's nice.

I can't see myself going quite as far with my BRZ, so far all I've really considered is a new set of wheels/tires(If I can find a way to keep the wheel design while just fitting some wider rubber I would do it in a heartbeat), a full exhaust kit, a high flow intake, and seeing what I can do as far as fitting a supercharger, since all I think it really needs is some more power and then some grip to go with it. That's going to be a long way off, though, because at the moment it's my daily driver, and on the streets the grip and power are plenty of fun.

Thanks Minty! Cheers to the twins. :cheers:

If this car was my DD, there's no way I would have done half of these modifications. Some of them just aren't practical in a car in which you're sitting in daily bumper to bumper slog--in particular, brakes which squeak like mad when they're cold. But then again, the '86 isn't exactly the most practical car to begin with.

I found the ECU upgrade to be a worthwhile addition as it makes a noticeable difference in the torque curve/butt dyno. You really can feel the difference. This car has a tendency to feel slower than it really is because of the dip in the power around 4,000 rpm. And it helps. Even at that, when you have 370Zs or STis, leaving you for dead on long straights, you do realize you're down on power and simple bolt-ons won't help. But it's fun making it up in the corners.

EDIT: IF you can. :mischievous::cool: Sometimes not. :indiff:

2014 Kia Soul -- Clear White Paint
IMG_20140701_154309-nopm- (1).jpg

Edited pic of my future car. Google Plus Photos has a surprisingly good amount of editing options.

Thanks all!

It might look cool now, but in about five years it'll be riddled with problems because French. :sly:
Haha, I hope its MINI engine will keep the car clinging onto life a bit longer than Citroens of old. I'll find out soon I guess... It hasn't exploded on the motorway yet. :)

Thanks all!

Haha, I hope its MINI engine will keep the car clinging on to life a bit longer than Citroens of old. I'll find out soon I guess... It hasn't exploded on the motorway yet. :)
Is it the Peugeot Prince engine?

So not a photo, but while going around taking photos today, I also borrowed my dad's GoPro and had a little fun with the positioning.

I move between a couple angles, and I would have had one of me doing a pretty long powerslide, but I accidentally formatted the SD card when I was trying to put it underneath. :/

My 1984 VW Golf. It's with the 1.3 litre engine and it's done 214tkm. Cost me 150€ to buy and MOT'd without any faults. Every bit is original :)

Thinking of buying a stiffer suspension and some 14-15" wheels. Doing some maintenance next week (spark plugs, new filters and checking the cambelt). The paint is faded, but will buff out to it's original shine pretty easily.

image.jpg image.jpg

My 1984 VW Golf. It's with the 1.3 litre engine and it's done 214tkm.

A 1987 VW Golf GTi was actually my first car. And a few years later I purchased my first 'new' car, a 1991 VW GTI. Here's a picture of it below, from around 1997. I was actually living back in Switzerland at the time this picture was taken, (I think somewhere outside of Wollerau looking south if anybody cares) although I still kept the US plates and registration. It would have been impossible to officially register it in Switzerland with all the after market parts).

14737859295_66949570fb_c.jpg

From 1994~1996, I was living in Southern California and had a lot of work done to that car at Velocity Sport Tuning. I can't even remember everything, but in a nutshell:

Camshafts
Exhaust
Airbox
ECU
Headwork
springs
struts
roll bars
rotors & calipers
master cylinder
headlights
wheels & tires
final drive

It looked stock for the most part but it gripped harder, turned better, stopped shorter and was in fact a good deal quicker than a stock 2.0 16V GTI. (This was a 1.8 liter 8V).

I drove that car for 128,000 miles. And was all up and down the East coast, from Maine to the Florida Keys, from Toronto to Atlanta, cross country, twice, up and down the California coast and even once, down to Mexico. From frozen winters up-state NY to boiling temperatures in Las Vegas. When I moved back to Switzerland in 1996, I had the car shipped over and made a lot of weekend trips over those two years: Belgium, Holland, France, Italy, Austria, Germany. I once had a picture, parked on a street corner in Monza during the weekend of the 1996 Italian Grand Prix. Back in those days, the car had a lot of double-take looks. It was a VW Golf. But then people noticed the color, the slightly different NA emblems, the license plates.

By today's standards, it wasn't very fast. On a long stretch of German Autobahn, I was able to see ~ 210 kmh. But it was really a tightly wound little beast back in the day. I miss it.

Last edited:
My current car.

auto19.jpg

Specs:
2006 Peugeot 307 SW 1.6 16V HDIF PACK. yeah sorry, that's the full name.
As some of you will know by the name:
1.6 16V diesel with turbo intercooler
17" wheels with 17-65-205 tires Came with the Pack edition
In stead of a rear bench, it got three stand alone seats, car can convert to a 7 seater.Pack edition?
Bought it in 2010 with 118.000 KM on the clock, has now 224.000 and counting.
Panorama roof with inside a electric screen to blind the roof.
Rear windows original tinted, almost smoke black.Came with the PACK edition.

I'm 45, not having a midlife crisis, so the only thing i did was
changing the motor management via a company.
for €225,-- i got:
From 110HP to 140 HP
From 240Nm to 300Nm torque.
From 180 KMH to 190KMH topspeed ( tested just once per accident)
5 years waranty, if garage upgrades firmware? i go back and they change the current software
No old upload.
In these 5 years if i want, they restore the orginal software for free.

The car drives like a dream with this change in motormanagement
there's just one problem i noticed.
After 2 years i get a motormanegement error.
There are little plates that protect the injectors/ignitors.
These plates have to be replaced after a few years
and the injectors cleaned.
The tuning is probably the reason.
I can live with that.

I don't race on the road, i drive sometimes faster then average.
On the freeway driving 110KMH, i get between an average 23 KM per liter.
I can drive 1100KM easy with a full tank.
Driving economicly, i get 1300km, ( already testet)
The speedometer is 2 KMH off, tested with GPS
Car 120KMH=GPS 118KMH
Car 160KMH=GPS 158KMH

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back