Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,443 comments
23km/L Not bad. That's 54 miles to the gallon for our American members :P
I had a '93 toyota corolla 2ltr diesel, did 15km/ltr ( newly bought, biggest mistake in my life, Good car, but expecive,drove that for 13 yrs, never buy a new car again)
after that i had a 2000 Focus SW 1.8 turbo intercooler, that did 17KM/ltr.(bought in 2006)
the 307SW did between 19 and 20KM/ltr, after the change i got more power
and more km/ltr.
best investment i could have done.

Hello there! This is my car:

bmw.png

Specs:
BMW 320i Touring 1997
Engine: Swapped M50B25 Stroked to 2.8L (M52B28 Pistons and rods) - [~220HP now]
Muffler: Oem, empty, no cat, very loud Euro-0 standard lol
Suspension: M3 3.2 E36
Transmission: 5-spd MT
Clutch: S38 E34 M5
Differential: LSD M3 3.23
Brake Disks: M3 E36
Brake Calipers: BNR32 GT-R
Tires: Toyo Proxes T1 Sport
Rims: E90 Double Spoke 154 R16

Hello there! This is my car:

View attachment 196041
Specs:
BMW 320i Touring 1997
Engine: Swapped M50B25 Stroked to 2.8L (M52B28 Pistons and rods) - [~220HP now]
Muffler: Oem, empty, no cat, very loud Euro-0 standard lol
Suspension: M3 3.2 E36
Transmission: 5-spd MT
Clutch: S38 E34 M5
Differential: LSD M3 3.23
Brake Disks: M3 E36
Brake Calipers: BNR32 GT-R
Tires: Toyo Proxes T1 Sport
Rims: E90 Double Spoke 154 R16
*has heart attack*
More pics please

Quite a change, come in to some money? Just be ready for getting your right foot to adjust and not hold it down as long!
I know when I went from my 1.1 Clio to my old E30 325i the difference in acceleration really surprised me.

Quite a change, come in to some money? Just be ready for getting your right foot to adjust and not hold it down as long!
I know when I went from my 1.1 Clio to my old E30 325i the difference in acceleration really surprised me.

Aye. Trust me, I fully intend to drive like an OAP for a while lol

Stickers-Stickers-Everywhere-ku1ao8.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I like your car , better than most Scions out there.... *shudders*

Waits for haters acknowledge flames on sides and Trueno logo.

I love your car! :D It looks very cool!

Thank you!

Stickers-Stickers-Everywhere-ku1ao8.jpg

Don't get me wrong. I like your car , better than most Scions out there.... *shudders*

Waits for haters acknowledge flames on sides and Trueno logo.

I have looked at my car & questioned things I've done, but one thing for sure, it is different then any other car. Customized differently with my love & work put in. & thank you too.

dat plate though :drool:

I hope that means you like it. lol

I don't know if this is the right place, but how to the plates in the US works? I had some doubts about it before, but I'll like to know how it really works

RJS
I don't know if this is the right place, but how to the plates in the US works? I had some doubts about it before, but I'll like to know how it really works
What exactly do you want cleared up?
The plate @TrdScionxB2 uses is expensive, I'll say that. Probably $100 a year.

What? How so? Here it costs $200 for a custom plate and that's it. No more paying. You only pay for the sticker that proves your car is safe for the roads and has passed emissions testing. You have a choice between applying a one year sticker or a two year sticker. The two-year sticker is cheaper in the long run.

DSC_0320.JPG

And sshe's gonna be stuck like this until the replacement tire arrives Monday. I knew I'd go through tires quicker than usual with this, but not like this...not like this.
DSC_0319.JPG

Pair of pliers, some of that rubber compound, tire drill and you're good to go. $15 repair that lasts a year ( done it to my minivan). Took out a 5 inch flatened bolt with a pair of pliers. Rolled my tire to the mechanic and he inserted some tire compound (a hardened gel) into a tire drill and screwed it into the opening. Took out the drill and cut off the excess tire compound.

Well, the price is one thing you already cleared up. That price is for a custom plate, and there are "standart" plates right? Do you still have to pay for that?

What? How so? Here it costs $200 for a custom plate and that's it. No more paying. You only pay for the sticker that proves your car is safe for the roads and has passed emissions testing. You have a choice between applying a one year sticker or a two year sticker. The two-year sticker is cheaper in the long run.

So, if I understand correctly, the plates prove that your car is in a safe and good condition for the road?

RJS
Well, the price is one thing you already cleared up. That price is for a custom plate, and there are "standart" plates right? Do you still have to pay for that?

So, if I understand correctly, the plates prove that your car is in a safe and good condition for the road?
It's more or less different for every state. For example, in Texas, you can have "AAA 111" for either $350 for 5 years or $500 for 10 years, or like $275 for 3 years (not real pricing, but close). It's (heavily) discounted if you want "AAA ###" where the numbers are random, or "AA ###."
Additionally, Texas has like 100 official plate designs you can choose, whereas other states may only have 2 or 3.

A plate's a plate. It just identifies your car. There is a sticker with a date of expiration on the plate however that tells a driver/official whether your car is safe or not.

platesticker_banner_myplate_en.jpg

Fees for Canada

Screenshot_2014-08-08-00-15-15-1.png

Back