Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,444 comments
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R. it's got a few goodies, staying all motor for now. SR20 ftw.

this is a pic from when i first got it, i took that corny ass hood bra off. lol.

Good call on that. Why do people insist on using bras, anyway? "Oh, I'm need to protect my paint so that it will look nice, so I'm going to cover it up with an ugly black thing so that no one can see it! :dunce: "

Thanks to the bra that my car's previous owner put on, the paint on the front edge of my hood is all messed up from condensation and such. "Protect it so that it will look nice" indeed. :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice SE-R, even though it has that big black blemish in that photo. :) 👍

Good call on that. Why do people insist on using bras, anyway? "Oh, I'm need to protect my paint so that it will look nice, so I'm going to cover it up with an ugly black thing so that no one can see it! :dunce: "

Thanks to the bra that my car's previous owner put on, the paint on the front edge of my hood is all messed up from condensation and such. "Protect it so that it will look nice" indeed. :rolleyes:

Anyway, nice SE-R, even though it has that big black blemish in that photo. :) 👍

There is the "clear bra" that is out...which offers the same protection but it is noticeble up close:grumpy:

89 240sx with obd1 95 KA-t ( 93 ecu)
No power steering
No Ac
No Emissions
Brembo Sloted and drilled oem size rotors
Dropzone springs
Kyb struts
Electical fan
Nismo 11lbs flyweel ( stock is about 28 pounds )
Act 4th stage 4 puck solid hub
custom fab 2.5 exhaust piping with 3 inch test pipe into an 3inch inlet megan dual muffler
-------------------
Current Turbo setup ( will always change lol)
xspower T3 ( for a few more days, Holset coming)
ssac topmount manifold ( spot welded the suspect spots)
sr20 hot and cold piping ( fmic coming soon)
xs power bov ( turbo xs coming soon)
SR 370cc injectors
Apexi safc1
greddy Full auto timer
rb25 smic
adjustable fpr ( rising rate coming soon)
earls oil line fittings
Bkre7-11 iridium plugs
N60 MAF
255 pump

I perform all of my work ( welding/instals etc) and this setup was built from scratch if anyone wanted to know. have not dynoed and when I went to the track my act 4th stage was not ready as i thought.I dont promote street racing at all. but I have raced a 944 turbo porche and and 300m and i beat both mainly due to power to weight.
donnierc9.gif

1011328resizediy1.jpg

1011329resizedtp3.jpg

Heres a pic of the car 7 months ago(before i passed my test and it was my mums):

Picture of MY car taken yesterday(my mum has a Primera now):

The camouflage thing on the front bumper in the 1st pic was my dads attempt on covering some scratches, i had a go under his guidance in the 2nd pic and it turned out much better, i was so impressed at my new uber skillz i went and colour coded the side mirrors, bumpstrips and interior LOL!!!

Heres the rear, i removed all the badges, should look complete with a nice back box, smoother wiper arm and slightly lowered:

Next, i want to get it lowered about 40-70mm, uprate the sound system with a sub and some new speakers to replace the standard ones, fit an Almera GTi kit and get some clear side repeators to go with the clear indicators. I was going to tint the windows but two weeks ago i backed into another car in the dark so ive decided not to for the cars well being, i would probably back into a car during the day with window tints :lol:

Is this like 'spot the difference'?

1. The pot plant on the left is missing.
2. The plant on the right is smaller...

Seriously though, looking good. 👍

It's cool to see how the small touches, such as the clear side lights and coloured mirrors make such a difference. Subtle enough that they don't stand out, yet hitting enough to see a difference but not sure what it is...

The interior looks alright too.

:)

Is this like 'spot the difference'?
....yes!
It took me ages to get that photo right lol. There's another thing missing in the second photo that you haven't spotted yet.

Thanks for the comment. I feel people who appreciate cars see that sometimes small touches make a big difference and you don't need loud body kits, huge wheels etc.. to look good. Most of my friends dont notice though, their like ''Rick your car looks cleaner.'' :lol:

Hey everyone, i thought i might post some pictures of my car that im currently learning how to drive in lol.
The current mods include: 2 1/4 inch mandrel bent exhaust + high flow cat, 4-1 headers, simota cold air intake, apexi pro n1 coilovers, exedy hd clutch and toda 3.4 kg flywheel, diy ctr headlights with 8000k HID, 16" rota jspl wheels wrapped in kumho v700's semi slicks

Here is my 64' Volvo P1800 S ("The Saint")

i have done some restoration and now its forsale. (mayby i should keep it for a while)

PS: Those wheels are not american racing

i'll be posting up pics of my new car as and when i get it, dont know what im gonna get yet, but my old Astra seriously failed its MOT so ive got no choice but to find a new car :(

Nope, it was the missing rose bush above the bonnet

Monteclaro thats a really nice Civic. Window tints would finish the car off nicely. Whats that big P in the window about?? I thought your meants to have one of those after you pass lol!!
In the UK when your learning, you have red L plates(learner) and when you pass you have green P plates(passed)

Few more pics of my car

This is what the spanish dude across the road from me has:
a porsche 924 and a bentley of some sort:

CCX

That looks more like a Rolls Royce to me.

Here is my 64' Volvo P1800 S ("The Saint")

i have done some restoration and now its forsale. (mayby i should keep it for a while)

PS: Those wheels are not american racing

I saw one of those here about a week ago, it looked sweet. I had no idea that Volvo even made a coupe that long ago. What kind of engine is in those things? And is it RWD?

CCX

Go and read the thread title and then come back and tell me what was wrong with your post here?

And it's a 928

its definetly a bentley. i walked up to it and there's a B with wings either side

and i know it's not my own car, but someone i know's car :s

hehe yeah i think the next visual mod will be window tinting, i was thinking of really really dark tint at the back windows and for side and front just dark. Yeah the civic is currently my brothers car, hehe thats why theres the green P plates, but its promised by him and my parents for me to have once i pass my learners test.

hehe yeah i think the next visual mod will be window tinting, i was thinking of really really dark tint at the back windows and for side and front just dark. Yeah the civic is currently my brothers car, hehe thats why theres the green P plates, but its promised by him and my parents for me to have once i pass my learners test.

Your brother must be super generous. I wouldn't wanna give that car up to anyone, especially a learner!!!
He must have spent quite a bit on the car, no??

haha yeah he is pretty generous, but its also the fact that he doesnt want to let the car go to some person he doesnt know. Theres alot of sentimental value with car with all the money he spent on it lol. The car didnt cost all that much to look and go it does today. The Paint job was about $2500 AUS, The engine mods werent that much because we bought them over seas about probably $300ish, the exhaust was from a friend so of course not that much, and i dont know how much the coilovers were. The clutch and flywheel havent gone in yet so thats a relief, i have a hard enough trying to drive it haha. Were currently stuck on what to do with it. Its either tune up the single cam D16Y with all the forged pistons, port polishing, D17 bottom end off the newer civics, all that crazy stuff. I believe america has done a whole lot to D16Ys over there, so were inspired by them a little. OR we can go the forced induction route with a turbo off a S15 silvia, small front mount, better injectors, better computer and all that, its estimated that it should have about 130-140kw at the wheels with the turbo. I say we should go with the turbo, but my brother wont make up his mind! What would you do? Oh yeah theres also a whole B16A engine transplant. What would you do to the car if you had $5000 to spend on the car

If you are actual keen on advice about Honda tuning, the Honda fan club thread is a better place to ask, as you know thats where they hang out (dedicated Honda forum would be better again).

Hey Jay, I'm sitting infront of my car dreaming again :P

How goes progress on the banana? Anything new?

haha yeah he is pretty generous, but its also the fact that he doesnt want to let the car go to some person he doesnt know. Theres alot of sentimental value with car with all the money he spent on it lol. The car didnt cost all that much to look and go it does today. The Paint job was about $2500 AUS, The engine mods werent that much because we bought them over seas about probably $300ish, the exhaust was from a friend so of course not that much, and i dont know how much the coilovers were. The clutch and flywheel havent gone in yet so thats a relief, i have a hard enough trying to drive it haha. Were currently stuck on what to do with it. Its either tune up the single cam D16Y with all the forged pistons, port polishing, D17 bottom end off the newer civics, all that crazy stuff. I believe america has done a whole lot to D16Ys over there, so were inspired by them a little. OR we can go the forced induction route with a turbo off a S15 silvia, small front mount, better injectors, better computer and all that, its estimated that it should have about 130-140kw at the wheels with the turbo. I say we should go with the turbo, but my brother wont make up his mind! What would you do? Oh yeah theres also a whole B16A engine transplant. What would you do to the car if you had $5000 to spend on the car

Go turbo. You don't have to take out the engine to replace it with a B series. Going NA on a D series isn't worth it in comparison to the power that you make with a turbo set up. Only question is how much of a pain is it going to be having a turbo on your P plates.

Back