Votes: 85 21.0%
  • Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Ya when you hire Pastor Foul-dinado as a driver, you have extra income available... I think he brought in that dirty venezuelan cartel money (15-30 million) last year, no wonder hulkenburg's broke a** lost his drive. point is Pastor went through a lot of carbon bits last year- quite a crasher. so if they have an extra hundred thousand for a third wing change on pastor's car, im sure they could spare fifty grand for a proper simulator. pastor fans dont hate- if there are any...

Last edited:
Humble beginnings of my new setup.

Need to be able to put away in a small space so this design will slide into itself and have a nice lid for storage.

Thought I had a really original idea until I saw several other "box" types online :( oh well here's to hoping it works as good as I think it should in the end.

Hoping to be "functional" by Friday night...

6913638879_27760a7d01.jpg

6913638669_8c58b62b9e.jpg

6913638341_5762399af4.jpg

6913638803_42c51b8215.jpg

lemansfanatic
Ya when you hire Pedro Foul-dinado as a driver, you have extra income available... I think he brought in that dirty venezuelan cartel money (15-30 million) last year, no wonder hulkenburg's broke a** lost his drive. point is Pedro went through a lot of carbon bits last year- quite a crasher. so if they have an extra hundred thousand for a third wing change on pedro's car, im sure they could spare fifty grand for a proper simulator. pedro fans dont hate- if there are any...

:lol: That's funny

That's the official Lotus/Renault team. Not the Caterham rebrand (TeamLotus).

My bad I read team Lotus and though of the Lotus team... but nevertheless do you really think that even the caterham team uses that setup and F1 2011 as a simulator... :lol::lol::lol:

Do you know how much does a F1 car cost compared to a simulator and how much you can save by having a proper sim?

My bad I read team Lotus and though of the Lotus team... but nevertheless do you really think that even the caterham team uses that setup and F1 2011 as a simulator... :lol::lol::lol:

Do you know how much does a F1 car cost compared to a simulator and how much you can save by having a proper sim?

Never said that they didn't.

Here's an update on my build. Have now installed 5 aura pro bass shakers. 1 L/C/R of the pedals 1 L/R of the seat. With a mini LFE under the seat to follow. And a special THANKS to MR LATTE for all his help. And the Amp he kindly sold me! Great chat last night. And looking forward to seeing all that equipment you showed me put into action! And anything I can help with I'll be only to happy to lend a hand.

0bdda34f0920d396fa50813207463f3c_42277.jpg

2e455be1ef58bfa40d6b00e514b40dec_42276.jpg

641c4631cc09072420683094e1759b47_42275.jpg

598967d740371effd306b4d0c864b09b_42274.jpg

a931f39d1c9b42e3d06fc7b1dd608280_42273.jpg

427c7fa01de27b0c71b69512338f92dd_42272.jpg

b77ee9907095535970944f6c11766e5a_42271.jpg

d92346d781267cf126ae98f93c83a1b9_42293.jpg

bfa3038bf5659c4ecb208a0d06a5a14b_42295.jpg

bdd1de666b4c96aadc28e5acc69ad78e_42296.jpg

2ea17f904d04174ab44ee8fd09261fe7_41095.jpg

What kind of amp are you using? What else do you have in the signal path? Eq? 5.1 surround? i'm interested in using the aura pros on mine. can you tell me what thread you got your info from? Thanks

What kind of amp are you using? What else do you have in the signal path? Eq? 5.1 surround? i'm interested in using the aura pros on mine. can you tell me what thread you got your info from? Thanks

It's an old school sony amp STR-DB940. I've been reading lots of different thread's. If you do a search you'll find plenty of advice ..... Myself, I'm, a novice and wouldn't be much help.....still trying to get the settings sorted on the amp correctly. What I can tell you is the amp needs to be 40 ohms. All I needed was stereo cable, and I'm running the one under the pedals through the center and the seat and pedals Left through the front A and B. And Right side seat and pedals through the front A and B. I have 5.1 surround but waiting on a double optical cable connector so I can run both

Here's my current cave (when its in presentation mode for people at least).

The whole arrangement is done at my computer desk, a solid wood desk, which currently holds my full tower pc, 23.5 inch Samsung P2350 monitor, (Logitech x 4) G15 Keyboard, G7 Mouse, 2.1 Speakers and Driving Force GT when playing GT5.

This is the left side of the desk, you'll get a glimpse of my Star Trek addiction to the right, but ignore that.

pic0003a.png

This is the right side, you can see some 'for scale' objects there, a DS3, a 600ml plastic cup. Luckily the desk has a long and not too thick of a lip, so the clamps bite in really well when tightened properly.

pic0004a.png

The cables go under and behind the desk, otherwise there'd be heaps of extra cable, and this looks neater anyway. I'm lucky that I have such a big and crude subwoofer, because the peddles press against them, which press against the whole weight of the desk, which pressed against the wall (somewhat).

pic0005a.png

This is my glorious chair I got myself for Christmas, much better than the one it replaces; don't know if it could be used in front of a TV without a desk, but it's perfect for this set up.

pic0006a.png

Here is the chair's lockable castor wheels, they don't fit perfectly, so the chair can't be lifted much without them falling out, but if you're mindful, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

pic0007a.png

Last edited:
Here is my setup, it cost me nothing:)

As fun as the driving rig must be, I think that chair is the cool part, I'd drag it to my living room or computer desk :D

Is that an art table you've strapped your wheel to? Or perhaps portable table saw with no saw?

Here's my current cave (when its in presentation mode for people at least).

The whole arrangement is done at my computer desk, a solid wood desk, which currently holds my full tower pc, 23.5 inch Samsung P2350 monitor, (Logitech x 4) G15 Keyboard, G7 Mouse, 2.1 Speakers and Driving Force GT when playing GT5.

This is the right side, you can see some 'for scale' objects there, a DS3, a 600ml plastic cup. Luckily the desk has a long and not too thick of a lip, so the clamps bite in really well when tightened properly.

The cables go under and behind the desk, otherwise there'd be heaps of extra cable, and this looks neater anyway. I'm lucky that I have such a big and crude subwoofer, because the peddles press against them, which press against the whole weight of the desk, which pressed against the wall (somewhat).

This is my glorious chair I got myself for Christmas, much better than the one it replaces; don't know if it could be used in front of a TV without a desk, but it's perfect for this set up.

Here is the chair's lockable castor wheels, they don't fit perfectly, so the chair can't be lifted much without them falling out, but if you're mindful, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I purchased a G27 for $220, and as a result removed the tray under the desk (with great difficulty), but now I'm certain I could mount almost any wheel to this table, and it's kinda better than any wheel stand (not necessarily whole cockpit thing), because the table is quite heavy, especially with full draws and all that stuff on it (see above) not to mention the full tower PC does its fair share of anchoring too.

It's kinda funny, there's a support beam which I was going to take out, a little one near the edge of the desk, underneath the main opening, but it turns out that the tray was all that was stopping me from putting in the gear shifter, and that third main plastic support goes right into that small support bar. I might update my previous post to show that, once I get around to tidying up the desk again, and show where the former tray way.

As fun as the driving rig must be, I think that chair is the cool part, I'd drag it to my living room or computer desk :D

Is that an art table you've strapped your wheel to? Or perhaps portable table saw with no saw?

Thanks, the table is a black and decker working table.(i think it's called "workmate") it's foldable, the chair is really comfortable and easy to move around:)

Here is my custom couch cruiser setup for my PS3 when I'm playing GT5 or any other racing game. DFGT with G27 pedals, GTEYE brake spring and original brake spring in gas pedal.

j6onwn.jpg

2568k5y.jpg

s2s4mg.jpg

2mov19z.jpg

DFGT with G27 pedals? Those are two things I thought I'd never see together. :drool:

I wouldn't mind stealing borrowing those pedals for a second... :)

I saw a couple of people did it on here, and when GT5 came out I couldn't afford a G27, got the DFGT new for less than $100 of Amazon shipped, after I got a couple bucks bought a new G27 pedal set off ebay. World of difference over the original pedals, and even better with the new spring setup for each pedal. It's nice having all of the controls for GT5 on the steering wheel, but I do wish it was at least a little bigger. I will have a G27 some time in the near future, just need the cash....

hi cronos, dfgt with g27 pedals...interesting ..... can you explain the connection you make, or if you've got some guidelines as to do this? thanks

hi cronos, dfgt with g27 pedals...interesting ..... can you explain the connection you make, or if you've got some guidelines as to do this? thanks

It's just a case of taking the cable from the DFGT pedal box and wiring it to the G27 pedal pots, there are only two mistakes you can make while wiring them and you can safely make changes while a game is running to test them. The first mistake is using the wrong pedal's plug for a pedal, so if you plug the brake wire into the accelerator potentiometer the pedal function will be flipped, but if that happens you just swap the wires over. The other mistake you can make is plugging it in the wrong way round because the plugs have three connections and they're evenly spaced with no indication of which way round it should be. All that will do if you plug it in the wrong way is invert the pedal so that no pressure equals wide throttle or full braking and pressing the pedal will do the opposite, but if that happens you just unplug it, turn the plug around and plug it back in.

Latest Posts

Back