• Good

Votes: 165 40.8%
  • not bad

Votes: 110 27.2%
  • I've seen better set ups at walmart

Votes: 73 18.1%

• Total voters
Hello, just finished stage 1 of my set up, thought I would share the pics -

Pretty much everything is adjustable - the frame is one of those multi adjustable ladders, and I have strengthened the pivots using tex screws. Simply remove the screws, adjust to position, replace screws. The seat is from a Mitsubishi Magna. All up, it has cost just over $100 (plus $195 for the G27). It is fairly sturdy, as the plywood braces the frame quite well. There are small castor wheels at the rear of the frame, so you can just lift the front end and easily push it around.

Stage 2 will involve carpeting the floor and concealing the wiring. I also have some aluminium paneling off a Boeing 777 , which I might use to cover the front/side/top plywood.

Wow! That is really clever!

27052012066.jpg

27052012067.jpg

27052012068.jpg

Pretty much everything is adjustable - the frame is one of those multi adjustable ladders, and I have strengthened the pivots using tex screws. Simply remove the screws, adjust to position, replace screws. The seat is from a Mitsubishi Magna. All up, it has cost just over $100 (plus $195 for the G27). It is fairly sturdy, as the plywood braces the frame quite well. There are small castor wheels at the rear of the frame, so you can just lift the front end and easily push it around.

Stage 2 will involve carpeting the floor and concealing the wiring. I also have some aluminium paneling off a Boeing 777 , which I might use to cover the front/side/top plywood.

LMAO I love it!

What is a typical budget for a seat? I was wondering if anybody had come up with bolting a 20 degree layback aluminum Kirkey racing seat, they can be around the $120, to their rig?

27052012066.jpg

Very ingenious.

That may just be the cheapest and easiest way to do a metal frame sim rig. Plus you get the mounting advantages of wood. So Simple.

very clever, congratulations, just seeing all the different ideas that people come up with is is just great:tup:

It's called a Buttkicker. It gives you vibration throughout the rig, especially in the seat, allows you to feel more like you are actually in the car.

Buttkickers are a little spendy IMO and sometimes hard to find in stock, so I think the different options like Aura Bass Shakers are a good option as well for less money. Or the mini-shaker pucks as well.

It looks like there is a wire run though the center hole of the extruded aluminum, that's pretty sweet, or am I just seeing things (inverted pedal picture)

27052012066.jpg

27052012067.jpg

27052012068.jpg

Of all of the setups in here, I think this is the cleverest design. This is just a really ingenious way to build a rig.

Hi guys, new to the forum. I've been drooling over some of the great creations posted here and decided to show off my own. Nothing special here in terms of creativity, but I think it has a certain arcade style cool factor to it. Also, for everyone who wants more realism for the in car view, check out the Sony head mount display. Then, you ARE in the car. If you had the Sony personal HMD plus used the playstation eye for the head turn feature, you would be in virtual reality, straight up. Check out those features.

WLDELJ
[/URL][/IMG]

WLDELJ
[/URL][/IMG]

2 identical set ups: 40" 1080p television, playseat + G27 w/handbrake mod.
Sorry for multiple pix of the handbrake, but I'm so proud of the mount, it's SO FIRM! If only, IF ONLY PD had decided against raping their online physics... it would be near perfect...

As for the mancave, square footage around ugh... little less than 300 feet i would guess, one love seat, one full size couch for spectating the racers in action, several murals on the walls because girls love to paint and crap, you can see part of one in the second pic. Three small end tables for storing crap, and two identical black TV stands. It isn't really part of the cave, but we keep a third copy of GT5 and a PS3 in the living room, so that when we have tournaments and stuff, we throw a spectator on the 65" TV for everyone to watch, haha.

That's all, folks. Soon to come, reverse mount pedals, momo wheel, and boots (probably cut up pillowcases) for my e-brakes.

Last edited:
WLDELJ
[/URL][/IMG]

WLDELJ
[/URL][/IMG]

2 identical set ups: 40" 1080p television, playseat + G27 w/handbrake mod.
Sorry for multiple pix of the handbrake, but I'm so proud of the mount, it's SO FIRM! If only, IF ONLY PD had decided against raping their online physics... it would be near perfect...

As for the mancave, square footage around ugh... little less than 300 feet i would guess, one love seat, one full size couch for spectating the racers in action, several murals on the walls because girls love to paint and crap, you can see part of one in the second pic. Three small end tables for storing crap, and two identical black TV stands. It isn't really part of the cave, but we keep a third copy of GT5 and a PS3 in the living room, so that when we have tournaments and stuff, we throw a spectator on the 65" TV for everyone to watch, haha.

That's all, folks. Soon to come, reverse mount pedals, momo wheel, and boots (probably cut up pillowcases) for my e-brakes.

Nice double set up.
Where did you get the E-Brake from?

Last edited:
That's clearly an s2000 ebrake

BTW the sonyHMD is pretty underwhelming if you have a real projector setup or triple monitors. The FOV is only 45 degrees.

That's clearly an s2000 ebrake

BTW the sonyHMD is pretty underwhelming if you have a real projector setup or triple monitors. The FOV is only 45 degrees.

Ummm I have the Sony HMD and also have a really nice triple setup and the picture on the thing is fantastic. Also the FOV is 55 not 45.

Not for everybody but with Track IR its pretty nice. Guess its either love or hate with it. Best consumer HMD ever and hopefully the next one is even better.

@WLDELJ, cool setup looks like those racing pods in the arcade halls where you can race each other 👍

Ummm I have the Sony HMD and also have a really nice triple setup and the picture on the thing is fantastic. Also the FOV is 55 not 45.

Not for everybody but with Track IR its pretty nice. Guess its either love or hate with it. Best consumer HMD ever and hopefully the next one is even better.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...151&langId=-1&partNumber=HMZT1#specifications

Field of View : 45 degree

Yes I have tried the Sony HMD myself. Not close to my Pioneer Elite FPJ1 (JVC RS2 rebadge).

27052012066.jpg

27052012067.jpg

27052012068.jpg

Awesome job man!!! out of all the setups I have seen here (including my own setup) this is the most creative I have seen... I really like this setup because there is no post between your legs... I think I'm going to use your idea and build a second rig....

Hey everyone, I would like to share my rig.

This rig comes from about a year of the initial build and constant modifying and changing of almost all of it. At first it was a center post, used for my DFGT and MSWRW. My wife bought me the CSR Value Pack XL and I changed the rig to a non-center post design. I also made my own set of Pedal Inversion plates, and I changed my sequential shifter to a rally style e-brake for Dirt 3 and WRC 2.

I work at a metal shop and my old boss was very much into sim racing as well, so he let me make all of this stuff at the shop! here are the pics.

100_3464.jpg

100_3473.jpg

100_3457-1.jpg

100_3468.jpg

100_3478.jpg

100_3477.jpg

100_3479.jpg

100_3480.jpg

100_3470.jpg

100_3471.jpg

If you're wondering where my PS3 and 360 are. Those wires to the left of the TV run up to my PS3 and 360 which I keep upstairs in the living room. I just switch out the wires on the back before I go downstairs to race.:D

Synthbent715
My wife bought me the CSR Value Pack XL

I've been eyeing that for quite awhile now and I can't decide if I should get it or not? The only thing that has me on the fence is how good is the CSR wheel, for the money, it looks great, but how good is the quality and FFB?

Sorry for being a little off topic, anyway I like the setup, and you made the pedal inversion yourself? Cool

Roush_fan_99
I've been eyeing that for quite awhile now and I can't decide if I should get it or not? The only thing that has me on the fence is how good is the CSR wheel, for the money, it looks great, but how good is the quality and FFB?

Sorry for being a little off topic, anyway I like the setup, and you made the pedal inversion yourself? Cool

Yeah I was on the fence for the same reason. Honestly I was worried about the rim falling apart. I have had the wheel for about a month now, I've put a few hours a week into it, so nothing too serious yet but I have had no problems yet. I play a lot of dirt 3 and I find myself having to jerk the wheel around a lot, the ffb is amazing and very very smooth, coming straight from a dfgt the difference is very noticeable. I had to turn the FFB strength halfway down in ferarri challenge, as it was literally pulling the wheel from my grip with full FFB turned up

The wheel is staying in one piece so far. I did have a problem for the first two days I had the wheel. Whenever I would turn it on it would just come on for a split second and shut back off before calibration, as if the power button wasn't making a full connection. Sometimes I would have to hit the button 5 or 6 times before it would fully come on. When it did come on, it would disconnect from my ps3 randomly, and sometimes certain buttons would stop working. Also, the gas pedal would sometimes just stop working all the way, suddenly only give me half acceleration when I was putting it all the way down.

I was about ready to bite the bullet and return my brand new wheel and just as I decided to film the issues...they just stopped happening. It has been a month now of playing tons of sims on both my 360 and PS3 and not had a single issue since those first two days.

Just keeping my fingers crossed that the issues don't come back.

As for the inversion kit, I made it a work out of 7ga steel. I'm too cheap to spend $50 on something I can make myself hahaha.

Synth: very nice.
I like the banjo ;)

Also that top right track, reminds me of an outline of new England.

Back