Praiano's Tunes: Waiting for GT6 & FERRARI ENZO FXX.

• Thread starter praiano63
  • 7,373 comments
Oi praiano!
Can I make a Birthday request?Today is my birthday,and this days I was thinking about have a Full-Power Murciealago(not the SV one)no aero pilot,but I don't have a good tune for it.Can you make one for me?
Thanks for the attention and have a great day :)

Dear Praiano,

thanks a lot for all your nice setups. I enjoy your work and I'm really glad that you continue your excellent projects after all the trouble you've had. So forget about it, there are so many people which really acknowledge your passion and good work. 👍

Just one questions and I'd like to know your point of view regarding the setup of the Jaguar XJ13 and the Ford GT40 Race cars.

You recommend to install the "Chassis reinforcement" for both cars. But this installation is not reversible and therefore a bit critical if I need to use this car once untuned :scared: (I own just one of each car).

Do you think it's worth that I still work a bit on the setup instead of using Chassis reinforcement - or did you already checked other alternatives?

I'm not a very experienced tuner :dunce: but I can imagine if I try to stiffen a bit the springs/dampers and/or the anti-roll bars etc, I can try to narrow my setting to your tune. Maybe you have a hint for me how to procede (if reasonable at all)?

Thanks a lot
Thomas from Germany

Last edited:
Oi praiano!
Can I make a Birthday request?Today is my birthday,and this days I was thinking about have a Full-Power Murciealago(not the SV one)no aero pilot,but I don't have a good tune for it.Can you make one for me?
Thanks for the attention and have a great day :)

Feliz aniversario amigo. Ok ,i can do the tune for your birthday. But not these days , i can do it for this week end i think.
:)👍

Dear Praiano,

thanks a lot for all your nice setups. I enjoy your work and I'm really glad that you continue your excellent projects after all the trouble you've had. So forget about it, there are so many people which really acknowledge your passion and good work. 👍

Just one questions and I'd like to know your point of view regarding the setup of the Jaguar XJ13 and the Ford GT40 Race cars.

You recommend to install the "Chassis reinforcement" for both cars. But this installation is not reversible and therefore a bit critical if I need to use this car once untuned :scared: (I own just one of each car).

Do you think it's worth that I still work a bit on the setup instead of using Chassis reinforcement - or did you already checked other alternatives?

I'm not a very experienced tuner :dunce: but I can imagine if I try to stiffen a bit the springs/dampers and/or the anti-roll bars etc, I can try to narrow my setting to your tune. Maybe you have a hint for me how to procede (if reasonable at all)?

Thanks a lot
Thomas from Germany

Hi, thank you, the GT40 and Jaguar were 2 cars i already had in my garage with chassis reinforcement, that's why. If not , i don't use anymore if the car is ok for me without. Some few tunes ,when i'm not satisfy and when the car don't cost 20.000.000 credits, i add the chassis reinforcement and test it. Last alternative for a tune.
Anyway, don't need to modify anything because of this. you can use the same settings,no problems.
I just don't use it because i had some few bad surprise with it . But in general it don't modify a lot of things and a more flexible car fit better to my driving style. (more flexible or less rigid don't means respectively as a snake or a piece of hard wood, the difference is small between both ).

Have a good day.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PS: i mess with my garage front page 2 days ago but i see it just now, i've fixed it now and just hope i did not forget any cars.

praiano63
PS: i mess with my garage front page 2 days ago but i see it just now, i've fixed it now and just hope i did not forget any cars.

Not sure what it looks like on a PC/Laptop but on my iPhone using the GTP app every link on the front page takes you to this last page :S

...Anyway, don't need to modify anything because of this. you can use the same settings,no problems.
I just don't use it because i had some few bad surprise with it . But in general it don't modify a lot of things and a more flexible car fit better to my driving style. (more flexible or less rigid don't means respectively as a snake or a piece of hard wood, the difference is small between both ).

Have a good day.

Hi Praiano, same with me. Thanks for the quick answer. Cheers Thomas

Not sure what it looks like on a PC/Laptop but on my iPhone using the GTP app every link on the front page takes you to this last page :S

Hi Praiano, same with me. Thanks for the quick answer. Cheers Thomas

Not good , i don't know what happen.... It's ok on my computer now. If it wasn't the Adrenaline site to check the tunes that evaporate from my garage , i was totally 🤬 . So thanks to my friend Adrenaline.

https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/home

priesty_lfc

For us iphonies, don't tap the links. Tap the post, this changes the viewing mode, then you can tap the links from there.

Milldrum
For us iphonies, don't tap the links. Tap the post, this changes the viewing mode, then you can tap the links from there.

I got the link to work, it just didn't take me to where it was supposed to........

But yeah, I knew that ;)

Thanks tho

Hi Praiano. I have seen your progression of testing and finding better ways to set the transmission over time. I just stumbled upon the "tranny trick" explanation on the GTVault website.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt5/kb-view/f_fid::24/

It is similar to your special close gears setup. The top speed is shifted to the far right though, then all the way to the left and the ratio's are not touched. Not sure if this may be a quicker and better way to set transmission?

P.S. Your 500PP Amuse S2000 R1 '04 and 450PP Mini Cooper S '05 tunes are great online!

Last edited:
Hi Praiano. I have seen your progression of testing and finding better ways to set the transmission over time. I just stumbled upon the "tranny trick" explanation on the GTVault website.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt5/kb-view/f_fid::24/

It is similar to your special close gears setup, but the top speed is not shifted to the far right first. Not sure if this may be a quicker and better way to set transmission?

P.S. Your 500PP Amuse S2000 R1 '04 and 450PP Mini Cooper S '05 tunes are great online!

Hi, yes, this "Tranny Trick" is an old GT trick,i do not invent anything, it just show a possible way to set a gearbox, that work for some cars ,not others. I use it partially on some tunes like the pagani zonda LM race car,and some others, without going "full right" on the setting panel.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6183800#post6183800 . For very powerfull cars that have wheel spin and oversteer problems on accel first 2 or 3 gears, it help really a lot to transmit the excess of power to the ground. With longer first gear that you can use from 0 to a significant high speed , you'll be able like this to spread the other gears clother one from the others and use the best RPM range to have a better performance. More acceleration,with all the power any time under your foot ,you can find a gear with a perfect rpm and grip for any turn on any track.
This is totally unusable for a 4 gears car like th old ford race '67 for example or low to medium power car 5 gears. Very bad grid start ,will loose some positions for sure.

Have a good night.

Good day Praiano, (shakes your hand with vim and vigor)

I had to login to say that your recent Golden Quartet tune for the Jaguar XJ13 race car '66 , is absolutely brilliant, on the Nordschleife. Your tune is a marriage of comfort, precision, and sheer adrenaline, a feeling I get when snowboarding on a grand mountain with freshly dumped snow, as if the track is machine groomed for the ride.

To think this 45 year old car can kick the pants off of drivers seats in cars of modern age at 600pp, it must leave them scratching their heads. People, if you love driving the Nür and I know you do, stop everything you're doing now and drive this tuned car. 6:15s at 600pp (default with no turbo). Legendary.

Thank you for tuning it to this track, This is how I absolutely love cars to handle on the Nür. The low FD Final Drive setting, is definitely an interesting choice. Brilliant sensation and takes section leading up to first split time of 1:09s, flat out at 300km/hr, with 100% total confidence at the helm. I can't say this about other modern cars at all. Speechless.

Good day Praiano, (shakes your hand with vim and vigor)

I had to login to say that your recent Golden Quartet tune for the Jaguar XJ13 race car '66 , is absolutely brilliant, on the Nordschleife. Your tune is a marriage of comfort, precision, and sheer adrenaline, a feeling I get when snowboarding on a grand mountain with freshly dumped snow, as if the track is machine groomed for the ride.

To think this 45 year old car can kick the pants off of drivers seats in cars of modern age at 600pp, it must leave them scratching their heads. People, if you love driving the Nür and I know you do, stop everything you're doing now and drive this tuned car. 6:15s at 600pp (default with no turbo). Legendary.

Thank you for tuning it to this track, This is how I absolutely love cars to handle on the Nür. The low FD Final Drive setting, is definitely an interesting choice. Brilliant sensation and takes section leading up to first split time of 1:09s, flat out at 300km/hr, with 100% total confidence at the helm. I can't say this about other modern cars at all. Speechless.

Thanks my friend.
Like i say on the post, this is the more performant car of the quartet ,that's why i've made a sharper racing tune on it. This is the result, i love to drive it also on the edge. The others 2 ford and ferrari are only tune for a speed pleasant drive with a good pleasant all round tune. The GT40'69 have a tune just to let it faster and more drivable than the stock. It's a good car now but it's still 10" slower at the ring 600pp than the Monster jag.
The best thing is that you can race fast any other race cars but with a lot of style. I'm a coffee addict, but when i drive this car , i only drink tea . :):)👍
><((((°> °°°°°

May I put a requst in please?

Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

Sport soft, All light weight, Gears, Drive, Oil change. Nothing else, No performance parts or aero. Think it should be around 455pp. You may use ballast if you need to and add a chip to make up the diffrence.. Thank you my friend..

May I put a requst in please?

Toyota Supra 3.0GT Turbo A '88

Sport soft, All light weight, Gears, Drive, Oil change. Nothing else, No performance parts or aero. Think it should be around 455pp. You may use ballast if you need to and add a chip to make up the diffrence.. Thank you my friend..

Hi, can be but not this week. Lot of job , some tunes and no time. Ok for the middle of the next week. I'll try my best.

><((((°> °°°°°°

hi praiano , i have a question about turbo increments .. if i run a car , for example a zondar 09 , at medium-high hp power , it's better if i choose high turbo ,with less hp, or if i set normal turbo adding htis way about a thirty hp more ? ty for your response and have a good day !

[/WIKIPEDIA]
you got a list again?

No list ,just a lot of real job and hard times.... world crisis....!!! I have just 1 new tune to publish, but i have some special tunes for special races to finish for some friends first, and i have also to take time for me and have fun racing online without tuning cars..👍 That's why.

hi praiano , i have a question about turbo increments .. if i run a car , for example a zondar 09 , at medium-high hp power , it's better if i choose high turbo ,with less hp, or if i set normal turbo adding htis way about a thirty hp more ? ty for your response and have a good day !

Depend of the car. Personally on low and medium torque engine, i prefer always to use the high RPM turbo and have more power for the same Performance points. Just need to adjust your gears to explore this power where it is, at the good range of RPM.
Most of the cars with a huge torque have superchargers, but if they have a medium stage 2 turbo avaible, it can be the better option.
Every case is a special case and need to be tested on track.
For example during the wallbanger ring master https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214917, i run a DAIHATSU MIRA TR-XX AVANZATO R ‘97 that was much more performant with a turbo 2 . The only problem is that you have to shift at 6200 rpm before the red zone ,and this, only with a manual gearbox.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5639647#post5639647

Hello Praiano

Just two three quick questions : for the festa cavillino (A-spec professional), which ferrari would you recommand the 458 scuderia or the 458 italia (or maybe another one?)?
For the rally events, do you yourself have a preference for the car, preferably from those you have already tuned. and very last, what is in your opinion the best car for the ring?

Thank you, and have a nice day. Beautiful day here in Madagascar this morning!

Hello Praiano

Just two three quick questions : for the festa cavillino (A-spec professional), which ferrari would you recommand the 458 scuderia or the 458 italia (or maybe another one?)?
For the rally events, do you yourself have a preference for the car, preferably from those you have already tuned. and very last, what is in your opinion the best car for the ring?

Thank you, and have a nice day. Beautiful day here in Madagascar this morning!

Hi.Between the scuderia and the 458 italia i prefer the 458. I don't have tune for rally car, i use generally the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Super Rally Car &#8217;03 stock.
Best car for the ring, depend if it's race or road and PP range. Lexus LFA &#8217;10 or ferrari 458 are very good in the 550PP or 600PP range, there is a lot of others that can compete together. Try the search button ,you will find a lot of threads about best cars and nurburgring.
Madagascar ...... ><((((°> °°°°° wonderfull island...
Have a good day.

Thanks Praiano,it's well appreciated, your work and the effort you put into this forum. I have a couple of questions and was wondering if you could answer them. First I would assume that all your tunes are a good starting point and after that I would need to fine tune,correct?? also your tune on the challenger srt8/08 you mention no chassis reinforcement,why is that

Again thanks

Thanks Praiano,it's well appreciated, your work and the effort you put into this forum. I have a couple of questions and was wondering if you could answer them. First I would assume that all your tunes are a good starting point and after that I would need to fine tune,correct?? also your tune on the challenger srt8/08 you mention no chassis reinforcement,why is that

Again thanks

Hi, good afternoon, not all my tunes are good as this, like i say always, 50% medium regular tunes but there is some better one around here,that's why having choice is always a good option. https://sites.google.com/site/gt5tune/home , 30% good all around tunes that need to be adapted to each driver, 10% are very good and fit generally the way they are to almost everybody and finally 10 % are cars that you need to have in your favorite because you'll drive them always any track ,anytime , with a real chance to win a race at same PP same skills, because they are fantastics cars, able to reveal driving skills and speed that you never suspect.

For the chassis reinforcement, this is an +- "old" story. First ,at the beginning till the middle of the year , i've killed some good tunes ,adding at the end a chassis reinforcement. At this time , credit was difficult in GT and for this reason i've banned this option. I prefer to use springs and dampers settings to have a car the way i like and generally this is enough to reach the level of rigidity i'm looking for without 100% springs or dampers.
When you have a good tune, chassis reinforcement will not let it better , in my opinion. If you have a medium tune, not perfectly set , it's possible with some luck to let the car better with the chassis reinforcement.
it seems that lately this option don't have a big influence , so , not very important. But, i always do the chassis refit or overhaul ( don't remember the name) from the garage together with the engine overhaul. This really change an old tired chassis in a new good one.

This is only my opinion, the way i feel this in the game.

Have a very good day.

NISSAN GTR SPEC-V (GT ACADEMY VERSION) '09 // 600PP // ONLINE OK

gtacad.jpg

nrburgringnordschleife4.jpg

Enjoy your drive.

Needed a Lamborghini Gallardo today. Jumped into your garage and it was an awesome car to drive. Another thank you Mr Praiano. :)

Back