Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
I have a small suggestion for the Wii U edition....

In Sonic and Allstars Racing Transformed, you can activate a rear-view mirror by tilting the controller toward you, as if you are looking at the controller. This was a really cool, useful feature, and for a game like Project CARS it could also work?

Just spotted an incoming problem. If there is no upgrade system or apparently no point-value system, how are the races going to work with a varied field of cars? Not one of the non-racing machine's performance is equal to another. I can see it now: a lobby where one class of car is allowed and everyone will use the same car because it would be suicide to choose another. Will they all have to be identical to level the playing field? That's sounds disappointing. :guilty: I suppose a power limiter or a ballast system like in GT would help.

Well... Guess what is planned for balancing. ;) You will be able to add weight and modify the restrictors of race cars. And otherwise, at least in our Shift 2 racing league, the fast guys were fair enough to take the slower cars for some tight racing.

As of now, all we know is that you can paint your car via templates. If there will be an ingame livery editor later, we dont know.

PS: 200! :cheers: :gtpflag:
Will those custom liveries be available for consoles or just for PC?

I would expect/hope you can paint cars from a HSL system in addition to factory colors. This isn't Gran Turismo. ;)

@TokoTurismo -- I, too, have been wondering if you'll just pick a class/group, or if you can customize down to individual cars and colors/liveries (custom liveries?). Lots of potential replay value in a simple feature. :)

I might be wrong, but I dont think that is planned, sorry. It would definitely not be a simple task, you would have to both design a clever UI way of selecting so many cars/liveries individually (remember: up to 64 cars) and it would involve a lot of coding time.

Also it would probably get a bit tedious to choose a full field of a multi class endurance race, each car individually and each livery (out of 20 per car) individually. No thanks, I ll prefer random.

I might be wrong, but I dont think that is planned, sorry. It would definitely not be a simple task, you would have to both design a clever UI way of selecting so many cars/liveries individually (remember: up to 64 cars) and it would involve a lot of coding time.

Also it would probably get a bit tedious to choose a full field of a multi class endurance race, each car individually and each livery (out of 20 per car) individually. No thanks, I ll prefer random.
Assetto Corsa is doing it wonderfully actually. You can't choose the liveries, but exactly which cars you want in the field (or classes, or fully random).

someone know if the ps4 version will ave the same feature as the pc version?? i mean 64 cars on track too livery, and other thing like this or this is feature to pc only ??
and if PC is to get Ferrari, lambo , lexus etc ??

We're not 100% sure how many cars are going to be on track in the console versions yet. The engine has yet to be finalised and completely optimised, so I guess the answer is going to be however many they can. As for the cars you asked about, that's down to the licenses, but I have to say that it's very unlikely that we will get those licenses on any platform.

This is just my personal thought, not coming from SMS information, but I think they'll probably settle on 24 for consoles.

The "clever UI" used by games with this feature is just a lobby-style screen, like I'm sure Project CARS will have for multiplayer. :confused: In Forza Motorsport 4 you can do this on the multiplayer side, by highlighting an AI driver and changing the car. You can have completely custom "singleplayer" races that way.

Considering this would allow you to recreate any historic race with the appropriate starting grid and liveries, or mimic races from future F1 seasons with custom liveries on the Formula A, or enact a fantasy championship with AI "teammates" in your own personal livery, I would be surprised if SMS are uninterested in providing such a useful feature. It's not like the option of manual selections should replace randomization, so it doesn't really matter if it would be tedious for some.

Even just the option of picking the car (no livery) would extend the life of the game. Randomized grids are soulless and repetitive by comparison, IMO.

Last edited:

I'm not really concerned about choosing each car individually, however your post does concern me a little. I would like to at least be able to choose which classes will be in the race (ex: Formula B and Touring Cars, or, Prototypes and GT, or, Road Cars and Formula A and Stock Cars) and then the game would fill the grid randomly, based on those criteria. Are you allowed or can you confirm if at least that option will be available?

...but I have to say that it's very unlikely that we will get those licenses on any platform.

All those licenses I highly doubt it, but at least one of them would be great. Ferrari, especially, has an amazing racing heritage and would greatly add to the field. SMS has done a Ferrari game before and maybe, even though I know that doesn't necessarily mean getting the license will be any easier, they'll be able to figure something out with the Prancing Horse for another project.

I'm not really concerned about choosing each car individually, however your post does concern me a little. I would like to at least be able to choose which classes will be in the race (ex: Formula B and Touring Cars, or, Prototypes and GT, or, Road Cars and Formula A and Stock Cars) and then the game would fill the grid randomly, based on those criteria. Are you allowed or can you confirm if at least that option will be available?

You will be able to chose "same class" as opponents. So you get a nice grid of Gt3 cars if you want.

All those licenses I highly doubt it, but at least one of them would be great. Ferrari, especially, has an amazing racing heritage and would greatly add to the field. SMS has done a Ferrari game before and maybe, even though I know that doesn't necessarily mean getting the license will be any easier, they'll be able to figure something out with the Prancing Horse for another project.
SMS had nothing to do with the licensing on that game, it was negotiated and paid for by the publisher, Atari.

Back