Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
JvM
You know your stuff. Or not.
Sim (the driving part) is in no shape or form similar to Shift2.
I do know My stuff and like I said judgeing from previewing video and owning shift2 sim looks and feels the same.

When it comes to having similar looks as Shift 1 and 2 have, than it comes purely down to artistic preferences of the game studio (the devs in that studio).

Same with Criterion Games. They made Burnout and their new games under the NFS brand for EA still are looking a lot like Burnout.

So I guess as long as the game engine isn't written from a complete blank sheet and half or 3/4 of the devs have been swapped out... I doubt you'd see much change in looks between games apart from the graphics quality improving with every new game.

I do know My stuff and like I said judgeing from previewing video and owning shift2 sim looks and feels the same.
Teach us oh Zen Master, oh Wise One, thou who can discern the physics of a video game by watching a video replay. I'm thinking of getting Assetto Corsa...can you watch a couple of replays for me and then give me a brief summary of the physics?

bender-laughing-gif.gif

You know better than to make comments like that myles. :DIndividual games have individual licenses. Sure, it might make it easier to negotiate licenses, but it's rate that it's spread across titles. Would you like to see Lada in project CARS, apart from the WTCC entrant?

You will be able to chose "same class" as opponents. So you get a nice grid of Gt3 cars if you want.

Well, if that's how it will be then, honestly, I have to say that's a little limited. If you can only race against the same class or a completely random field that means you won't be able to have a proper WEC endurance race for example, because you won't be able to have a grid with just LMPs and GTs, it will just be a random field of all sorts of cars.

SMS had nothing to do with the licensing on that game, it was negotiated and paid for by the publisher, Atari.

I figured that was the case, but one can always cross their fingers for a nice surprise.

There is a system in place in GTR2 that allows you to select which classes and cars, I would think that they have it covered in this too. They would certainly have GT & LMP cars running together & with 64 cars on the grid I would again imagine they have something planned for selecting classes to fill those places.

Can you all just ignore the troll, please? How obvious does he need to make it, that he is only here to cause trouble? :sly:

To hop back on the productive train: I ll take the "choose your opponents" suggestion and propose/ask about them @ WMD.

I saw you voiced these questions at wmd - good job :)

Teach us oh Zen Master, oh Wise One, thou who can discern the physics of a video game by watching a video replay. I'm thinking of getting Assetto Corsa...can you watch a couple of replays for me and then give me a brief summary of the physics?
Use the force!.

As for the templates working on consoles: I suppose it will work cause if not that would be a huge bummer, but no idea yet how exactly.

Microsoft has been more strict about such things than Sony. Some examples:

Twisted Metal (PS3):
On the twistedmetal.com website, there is a "car customizer" that allows you to design a skin for your favorite vehicle that can be imported into Twisted Metal 3 for in-game play on your PS3. The site has a "Photoshop-like" feature that allows you to paint and design a skin for all the vehicles available in Twisted Metal 3. You can also download the "skin templates" so that you can edit them with your favorite graphics software on your computer. Once you complete your edits on your computer to the skin, just uploaded them to twistedmetal.com and then into the game for play on your PlayStation 3.

Note: The site is currently down.
http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Twistedmetal.com_-_Car_Customizer

Nascar 09:
EA also introduced a custom online paint system with NASCAR 09, but it's so tedious to use that most gamers will never even touch it. It involves downloading a template, importing it into a professional image editing program, creating your design, downloading a third-party plugin, using said plugin to save your file, uploading that file to the EA Website (after creating an account and separate persona), then downloading the design to your console. If you're truly dedicated and get that far, only the people on your friends list will be able to see it online. To everyone else, your car will appear putty-gray. A far cry from Forza Motorsport 2's friendly livery system.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2008/06/13/nascar-09-review-2

Nascar (Eutechnyx):
We are sad to report that the feature which allows the uploading of paint schemes for use in online play cannot be activated in the launch version of NASCAR The Game 2011 for Xbox 360. We are working with Microsoft in order to comply with their online policies and we hope to be able to release a solution in a future game update. We’ll make announcements on our forum when we have more news.
http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/6791-Xbox-360-and-online-custom-paint-schemes
If Eutechnyx adds a system where you can report paint schemes, then they would most likely have custom paint schemes shown online.
http://forums.eutechnyx.com/threads/24074-Xbox-Only-Paint-Schemes-Shown-Online

So why do we need to post videos for the devs at WMD if they can't decipher physics responses from those videos? :banghead:
Right... we need to post videos for them so that it is clear what we mean and they can see what we mean with our input. As they say in English... "a picture paints a thousand words".

Sure, you can't know the feel of the FFB... but that's basically the only thing.

You know better than to make comments like that myles. :DIndividual games have individual licenses. Sure, it might make it easier to negotiate licenses, but it's rate that it's spread across titles. Would you like to see Lada in project CARS, apart from the WTCC entrant?

I'd love to see the new Lada WTCC in pCars. Have you seen those wheel arches!?! :D:tup:

So, Atari is the publisher? :odd: Surprised a bigger publisher didn't snap the game up.

Because pCARS was deliberately envisioned to be developed and released without the need for a publisher. If anyone were to approach them, it would be knocked back. That's not to say they won't use a distributor, but the removal of a company stumping up the investment funds means that the devs can create the game they want.

But if you're talking about TD:FL, that's because Atari had the license, but not the game; SMS was the tart willing to go to any publisher.

I see, I love how SMS has set about making this game so transparent and truly taking fan requests into account. It's one of the reasons i'm so excited for the game. I can just hope that we see some Wii U footage in the next 5 months or so. :D

Been a misunderstanding somewhere. When I mentioned Atari I was talking about the publisher and license holder for Test Drive Ferrari. They have nothing to do with pCARS.

Well, if that's how it will be then, honestly, I have to say that's a little limited. If you can only race against the same class or a completely random field that means you won't be able to have a proper WEC endurance race for example, because you won't be able to have a grid with just LMPs and GTs, it will just be a random field of all sorts of cars.

I figured that was the case, but one can always cross their fingers for a nice surprise.

If we can't reproduce multiclass racing in pCars, this is will be my first complain about the whole game.

Strangely, I didn't even bother to ask because, to me, multiclass racing is a no brainer.

Back