Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
There are NDAs at play when dealing with Sony and PS4 stuff, so we cant share any footage. But I think its safe to assume that the differences between PC and PS4 will be about the same as with other multiplatform titles. AA will of course not be as good and some other effects might have to be dialed back from "ultra" to "high" to reach a constant 60fps at 1080p. Then again, I wont notice much of a difference because thats how I play the game to get 60+ fps on my laptop anyway... :D

IMZ, there have been pictures posted up on the pCARS forum of both the PS4 and the XB1 versions, and while I'd have my hands cut off for posting them here, I can say that you won't be disappointed.

IMZ, there have been pictures posted up on the pCARS forum of both the PS4 and the XB1 versions, and while I'd have my hands cut off for posting them here, I can say that you won't be disappointed.

Oh? Can you pm me a link please? :)

Would it be possible to PM me a link too ?

Thanks

The issue is you cannot PM on these forums anymore, you can only start a discussion, which is then visible for all to see. If you are a WMD member, I can post the link to you, but otherwise I can't put the picture up.

The issue is you cannot PM on these forums anymore, you can only start a discussion, which is then visible for all to see. If you are a WMD member, I can post the link to you, but otherwise I can't put the picture up.

No problem, that is totally understandable.

Not true, Conversations are just like PM's and only visible to the members listed on the right.

image-jpg.135830

JK :lol:

Me, I need all three - physics, graphics, and sounds. It's being done and done well in a few racing games, I don't need to settle for less.

I agree with you 100%
I am always puzzled when people say they don’t need all three of those in a racing game, I don’t think I will ever be able to relate to them.

Physics, Graphics, and Sounds are all equally important in a racing title and none should ever be compromised.

Also since the PS4 and Xbox One both use PC architecture now, I would imagine the thing holding them back would be the GPU.

I remember reading and seeing video of “Call of Duty Ghost” running at 1080p on PS4 but only at 720p on Xbox One, I don’t know what the details were around that, but I wonder if there are subtle differences between the 2 systems if SMS will tweak the PS4 Version to take advantage of them or will they just dumb down to the lowest dominator?

Last edited:
I agree with you 100%
I an always puzzled when people say they don’t need all three of those in a racing game, I don’t think I will ever be able to relate to them.

Physics, Graphics, and Sounds are all equally important in a racing title and none should be compromised.

Also since the PS4 and Xbox One both use PC architecture now, I would image the thing holding them back would be the GPU.

I remember reading and seeing video of “Call of Duty Ghost” running at 1080p on PS4 but only at 720p on Xbox One, I don’t know what the details were around that, but I wonder if there are subtle differences between the 2 systems if SMS will tweak the PS4 Version to take advantage of them or will they just dumb down to the lowest dominator?
Oh, I hope not. :nervous: While Multiplats are tending to superior on PS4 atm, I hope SMS do the best that they can with what they have.

Seeing as the X1 currently has all its racing games going at 1080p is certainly a good sign, they are also not lazy devs like some are *coughRedLynx* and will make the most of the software/hardware

Last edited:
Me, I need all three - physics, graphics, and sounds. It's being done and done well in a few racing games, I don't need to settle for less.
I agree with you 100%
I am always puzzled when people say they don’t need all three of those in a racing game, I don’t think I will ever be able to relate to them.
Aye! Especially since visuals, sounds (and FFB) is what actually conveys the physics to the user. I don't see why any one would not want the best in all those areas these days.
Good sounds are indeed important, because they communicate things to the player, and poor engine/tire noises can become annoying over the length of a race. Visuals are also important to a point; in terms of general accuracy and clarity, to navigate your way through the field and around the track, and indeed, to convey things like suspension travel to the player. Although functionally, something that resembles Virtua Racing would do.

What's problematic is super detailed HD graphics at the expense of gameplay features, depth, and variety, whether it's a matter of development time, disc space, or processing power limits. Now, in spite of its excessively detailed assets, Project CARS doesn't seem to have this problem -- I think its planned content and features hearken back to the pre-HD days of racing games -- but over the past decade, too many other games have prioritized HD graphics over substance, among all genres.

I don't care about having the best graphics possible. That doesn't mean I don't care about how a game looks at all, but I care more about what it actually offers. I don't want to see compromises in gameplay or depth of content.

I think there are some NDA here between SMS and Sony/MS.

As Samus said, there are some very strict NDAs between SMS and Sony/MS/Nintendo, and we really don't want anything to jeopardise that, especially not the consumer.

Back