Project CARS General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 20,822 comments
Have any of you seen this tweet?
I wonder what this means, are they going to show some PS4 Video soon??????
This was from about 5 hours ago:

@WMDCars: “@AbeerHeisenberg: @WMDCars When are you going to show us PS4 gameplay?” <- Funny you should mention it… stay tuned ;-)

They tend to be fairly unambiguous when it comes to things like that, but there is a coined phrase 'SMSoon', when that will be is anyone's guess.

WdA49KG.jpg

What happend to the breaks for example? Is the car work in progress?

After reading that blog post about the PS4 version, I wish I had not read it :boggled:

How the hell will pass this 6 months? I really cant wait. And the text reads so exciting, especially the part that they want to go back to their roots, to GTR and GT Legends and that it´s a game from racers for racers. And you can play a whole race weekend?!? Makes me very excited.

After reading that blog post about the PS4 version, I wish I had not read it :boggled:

How the hell will pass this 6 months? I really cant wait. And the text reads so exciting, especially the part that they want to go back to their roots, to GTR and GT Legends and that it´s a game from racers for racers. And you can play a whole race weekend?!? Makes me very excited.

Yes you can play a whole weekend, including free practice (1 or 2), Qualifying, Warm-up and formation lap ;) Also, 2-Race-Format is possible

Last edited:
@VBR in regards to the screenshots being un-edited; Tudor works at SMS and this was his response in the comments section to how the screenshots were taken.

Andy Tudor:
All screenshots were taken simply by pausing the game during gameplay and taking a screenshot.
No special modes or dev team-only features or downscaling from some huge resolution – just the same functionality that you the players will be have too.

I thought it was so Shift like though? ;)
Strange that you are now so positive with just one post, while not trusting the community behind it when screaming "Shift!". Interesting change from a psychological aspect in my opinion.

I am happy you are getting excited though and I hope many more like you will ga through the same change of heart in the coming 6 months. :)

VBR
Are those screenshots captured directly from raw unprocessed gameplay? Are they completely unedited? Really?

Call me cynical, but I'm gonna wait till I see those kinds of scenarios running in real time on a PS4.
I have been playing NFS Rivals recently on the PS4 and it looks absolutely beautiful, no matter the what the weather or the time of the day the game is set in. So when you factor in that PCars has been in development for much longer than Rivals, I'd say that this game will look as stunning as those screenshots do 👍.

I thought it was so Shift like though? ;)
Strange that you are now so positive with just one post, while not trusting the community behind it when screaming "Shift!". Interesting change from a psychological aspect in my opinion.

I am happy you are getting excited though and I hope many more like you will ga through the same change of heart in the coming 6 months. :)

Lol you get me wrong, I´m excited for over 1 year now for this game. But I still have my doubts because it sounds too good. Isn´t it normal to have doubts? We´ve got dissapointed so many times in gaming history, doubts are good.

VBR
Are those screenshots captured directly from raw unprocessed gameplay? Are they completely unedited? Really?

Call me cynical, but I'm gonna wait till I see those kinds of scenarios running in real time on a PS4.

Cynic! Kidding, but seriously, it is highly likely that they are captured directly from gameplay, they won't gain anything from not showing the actual game and if you look at the PC shots it is very close to the PC shots which should help to show that it is being captured directly.

Just a quick question to anyone that might have the info.

I've introduced a buddy on my forum (Crowsy) to the PCars news, and he's ultra excited that we've got some PS4 screenies and info.

He wanted to ask whether PCars would utilize the motion control in the DS4? I personally wouldn't use it but if it did I'm sure it would help boost sales that little bit more. As there's a Wii U version I would have hoped this would be at least considered for PS4.

@VBR in regards to the screenshots being un-edited; Tudor works at SMS and this was his response in the comments section to how the screenshots were taken.

Andy Tudor:
All screenshots were taken simply by pausing the game during gameplay and taking a screenshot.
No special modes or dev team-only features or downscaling from some huge resolution – just the same functionality that you the players will be have too.

That sounds good. However, does P Cars look like that when it's running on a PS4, or is it's pictures higher res than gameplay like in GT6?

What I really wanna see is some raw PS4 gameplay. :)

VBR
That sounds good. However, does P Cars look like that when it's running on a PS4, or is it's pictures higher res than gameplay like in GT6?

What I really wanna see is some raw PS4 gameplay. :)
What you see is what you get. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Back