Project RUF Blackbird Grip Tune Settings Released

• Thread starter No_OBsT33R
  • 254 comments
Its Dr slumps tune that doesn't seen to use 6th. I tested it on GVS like he did and it only just got to the top of 5th on the front straight. But anyway doesn't really matter.
What? I use it in every lap on GVS!

@Adrenaline
I tested RJs tune

Someone asked me which track suits with my tune.
The answer is: every flat track, like Grand Valley Speedway, Suzuka, Eiger, Fuji,.....but a couple bumpy tracks work relatively good too (Nordschleife, Deep Forest,...). Trial Mountain is really bad.

Main problem is when you lift off the throttle. If that could be fixed so it dosnt want to swap ends then this car could have a lot of potential.
Just set LSD Initial 10 or higher. Maybe I'll add an "easy drive LSD".
I have now added the gear ratios to my last post. They make quite a difference in both traction and how the LSD acts so give it another go if you've already tested it.
I tested it with this transmission.
(I know the Final Gear makes a big difference. I tested for a couple days your Fairlady Z Race Car tune with Final 2.000. This thing sounds annoying! It's a horrible tune when you shift manual, cause you can't hear the engine, the drive train is just so 🤬 loud! :lol::lol:)

Last edited:
Hi people , it's dificult to be satisfy with any tune for this car. I've tested the last update from everybody including mine, and some are good for one track not the others, trial mountain principaly ... So i've done one more and i would like to know what you're are thinking about it..
For me it is good for most of the tracks, eiger , gran valley, trial montain.... ring!!! all around tune. let me know please...
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201649

I thought I'd post in this thread that I have completed a full 6 tuner review of the Yellowbird including many who have posted in this thread.

You can find my review in my thread (see my sig).

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!

Just some pics....... and http://www.ruf-automobile.de/en/RUF-CTR-3.29fe7.php

rufctr4ot4.jpg

1987rufctryellowbirdpor.jpg

Really the ctr ruf is awesome

My ctr is fully tuned and if i drive on TG TT to make drage races then everyone think they will win against me

Ok from 0-100 you loose much time that is the reason Why i made roll on starts from 100kmh

I won against f430,m3/5,gallardo,lamborghini 670 sv,and there were some other special cars too XD

Really the ctr ruf is awesome

My ctr is fully tuned and if i drive on TG TT to make drage races then everyone think they will win against me

Ok from 0-100 you loose much time that is the reason Why i made roll on starts from 100kmh

I won against f430,m3/5,gallardo,lamborghini 670 sv,and there were some other special cars too XD

Which tune do you use?

So far, when it comes to maxed out Blackbird settings, I'm liking praiano63's tranny and LSD mixed with No_OBsT33R's suspension settings. for my driving style it's literally the best of both worlds. the tranny set has great acceleration and the LSD makes oversteer handling easy while the suspension setting kills the whip back effect ( i use a controller ) the car does tend to bend a tad towards having an understeer (sort of going against the RUF ethos) but it's so easy to kill traction and slip out that you figure out how to kick out the ass end halfway through the first lap.

Last edited:
So far, when it comes to maxed out Blackbird settings, I'm liking praiano63's tranny and LSD mixed with No_OBsT33R's suspension settings. for my driving style it's literally the best of both worlds. the tranny set has great acceleration and the LSD makes oversteer handling easy while the suspension setting kills the whip back effect ( i use a controller ) the car does tend bend a tad towards having an understeer (sort of going against the RUF ethos) but it's so easy to kill traction and slip out that you figure out how to kick out the ass end halfway through the first lap.
With ballast?

With ballast?

Yup.

Update: I've been playing with this setup for awhile now and it's tricky in a fun weird kind of way. The car holds incredibly well in long slow turns without always having to feather the throttle. The understeer is there but a simple intertia drift after the breaking line will gently cause you to oversteer. From there you can either throttle hard to go sideways around the corner or feather the throttle in around the apex to come out of the turn cleanly... the car still retains great control during the oversteer.

Now this is where it gets tricky... it's tempting as hell to burn this thing sideways because it can retain so much speed while drifting and it's fun to pass cars while drifting around them. Obviously, there's more risk involved with the drifting line because if your entry is wrong you can brick yourself into the inside corner or end up sliding out into a stall along the outside edge of the turn. So the whole time I'm driving this thing my mind is falling into a false sense of control and I slowly begin to drive more and more reckless trying to push the car... then by the 2nd to last lap I enter too fast, over throttle, get some brutal whip back and then lawn dart into a wall.

The only draw back to this thing that is annoying is that the understeer can make slight S curves difficult.. you just have to concede and enter them more cautiously than normal.

Last edited:
Many thanks Praiano. This car was so hard to drive, after i pimp that yellow bird with your settings it's all good 👍

RUF CTR YELLOW BIRD '87 // ONLINE OK

TUNE UPGRADED

eigernordwandcourt1jk.jpg

azurt.jpg

Here we go !!

RUF CTR "Yellow Bird" '87 Fully tuned
After a body and motor refit at the shop

741 ch
1081 kg
593 pp

Transmission how to process:
1- Select .reset to default
2- Select final gear at 2900 for top speed on ring. 3300 for shorter less speed tracks.
3- Select top speed at 420 km/h = 261 mph
4- Set each gear at this ratio:
1: 3116
2: 2111
3: 1562
4: 1230
5: 0997
6: 0883

Drive-train
Adjustable LSD (Front/Rear)
- Initial Torque : -/15
- Acceleration Sensitivity : -/18
- Braking Sensitivity : -/05

Suspension
Suspension (Front/Rear)
- Ride Height : -35/-20
- Spring Rate : 7.5/12.5
- Dampers (Extension) : 6/9
- Dampers (Compression) : 6/7
- Anti-Roll Bars : 6/7

Wheel Alignment (Front/Rear)
- Camber angle : 2.2/2.4

- Toe Angle : +0.10/+0.32

Brakes (Front/Rear)
- Brake Balance 7/4

TIRES : R3 / R3

Drive aids;

- ABS : 1

Else all off .

rufctr4ot4.jpg

ENJOY

Many thanks Praiano. This car was so hard to drive, after i pimp that yellow bird with your settings it's all good 👍

Hi, good to know this tune is still working after several updates. I use also a 550PP version with ballast, that i love to race online on the ring . Generally it´s a surprise for who stay behing in the straight after all the race sticking to the faster cars. Fantastic top speed. Try it my friend and tell me. Sure you will like it.
Praiano 550PP: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6158566#post6158566

You have also the adrenaline tune : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5324632#post5324632

And the Doctor_slump tune: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5285180#post5285180

All very good cars.

Check also this link , there is a lot .

RUF CTR “Yellow Bird” ‘87
AdrenaTune
Blueshift
Deep Forest Tunery
Deutsche Rennsport Tuning
Red Valley Racing
Rotary Junkie
Dr_Slump's Car Ambulance
Praiano's Tunes
raVer