PSN Servers down?

• Thread starter Ki_Reddy
  • 229 comments
Some sites saying that the hackers also released a list of 13,000 PSN, XBL and Amazon usernames and passwords as well as credit card details. :mad:
Those damn sites!...

*shakes fist*

*27 October - 18:30 GMT (UK)

PSN on PS4 is down, PS4 browser works, keeps saying maintenance or server terminated when I try to sign in.

Some sites[Which ones?] saying that the hackers also released a list of 13,000 PSN, XBL and Amazon usernames and passwords as well as credit card details[Citation needed]
I can say that they've stolen 4 million downloaded PSN Store items and changed 1.2 million PSNIDs to Fish0000001 through to Fish1200000 - doesn't make it anywhere near true.

Sources, please.

Incidentally, I'd like to reiterate my comments from August:

To reiterate, whoever did this did it for the attention - DDoS is not supremely tricky. By talking about them you give them attention. That means they know that attacking PSN again will get them attention - so next time PSN gets DDoSed, they'll do it harder and for longer, affecting gamers and not the company they claim to be attacking. Again.

Not talking about them is the way to do it. Feed their ego and you contribute to the problem.
Quick point - I was right.

*27 December - 18:30 GMT (UK)

PSN on PS4 is down, PS4 browser works, keeps saying maintenance or server terminated when I try to sign in.
Yeah I kept trying to sign in and I can't even get to the sign in screen (server terminated screen like you said). Progress maybe?

Radio 1 confirmed there will be free games and PS+ for people who had to endear this outage over christmas. So it starts to confirm that once all this gets done free games and a month of PS+

It might be worth you reading your sources then, because by all the reports in that Google Search this is unconnected to the PSN outage - which was a denial of service attack by Lizard Squad, not a data theft hack by an Anonymous-affiliated group.

Also, the vast majority of members on this site can't watch BBC News on the TV.

Also most are saying it's not Anonymous, M.O either. So given that they say it's them it's probably a fake run of 13K things, that was posted about PSN, Xbox and Live (outlook) which ended up being totally fake.

Edit: After reading more and more articles more are coming out saying they have no records of any data breach and that the info is false and misleading.

Edit 2: Also if PSN is still down for some you might be on PS4. PSN login is good on PS3/Vita but still down for PS4. (from PSblog)

Some people have had luck logging in. Not including myself. Have hope that you can log in by tomorrow morning.

It might be worth you reading your sources then, because by all the reports in that Google Search this is unconnected to the PSN outage - which was a denial of service attack by Lizard Squad, not a data theft hack by an Anonymous-affiliated group.

Also, the vast majority of members on this site can't watch BBC News on the TV.

I was posting it in here because if peoples PSN passwords have been compromised they ought to know in this thread seeing as this is where the current issues with PSN are being discussed. Hackers are hackers, it doesn't matter which ones did what, I was just relaying some information incase people wanted to change passwords.

I was posting it in here because if peoples PSN passwords have been compromised they ought to know in this thread seeing as this is where the current issues with PSN are being discussed. Hackers are hackers, it doesn't matter which ones did what, I was just relaying some information incase people wanted to change passwords.
If anything merits a new thread, an entirely separate breach of PSN does. Since the PSN/XBL outage was a DDoS and no-one really cares about that sort of thing, hiding "oh, also there's been a data breach" in amongst it doesn't help anyone.

That aside, posting it in here with "the hackers also" muddies matters somewhat, especially as the chimps that caused the PSN outage... are not hackers. A denial of service is not a hack - it's someone jabbing at the keys of a calculator while you're trying to use it.

XBL is up and running again, IDK if PSN is back up yet... Which reminds me...

@CAMAROBOY69 Like I said in August, A big enough DDOS attack can take any service down.

EDIT: Both are up and running
And as I said, when xboxlive gets attacked, it stays running "fairly" well. It never went down for me or my friends the entire weekend. The X1 had a few hiccups with the party system and sometimes joining friends, but it still worked ALL weekend long. Even when the X1 had a few issues the 360 live still ran very well. When the PSN gets attacked it goes down MUCH worse. PSN has always been way more unstable than xboxlive. My brother was not able to play his PS4 at all over Christmas. :( Luckily live was still up and running 99.9999% of the Christmas holiday. There was never a single moment I was not able to get on live. Myself and my friends were on live entire holiday week and weekend, every single day.

Regardless, next gen gaming has been a nightmare because of the lizard squad and anyone else attempting the ddos attacks. Not worth arguing at each other, just hopefully over time this will somehow get resolved. Otherwise, it is only going to get worse.

Last edited:
And as I said, when xboxlive gets attacked, it stays running "fairly" well. It never went down for me or my friends the entire weekend. The X1 had a few hiccups with the party system and sometimes joining friends, but it still worked ALL weekend long. Even when the X1 had a few issues the 360 live still ran very well. When the PSN gets attacked it goes down MUCH worse. PSN has always been way more unstable than xboxlive. My brother was not able to play his PS4 at all over Christmas. :( Luckily live was still up and running 99.9999% of the Christmas holiday. There was never a single moment I was not able to get on live. Myself and my friends were on live entire holiday week and weekend, every single day.

Regardless, next gen gaming has been a nightmare because of the lizard squad and anyone else attempting the ddos attacks. Not worth arguing at each other, just hopefully over time this will somehow get resolved. Otherwise, it is only going to get worse.
live was down for my son all day Christmas. It started working the next day but none of the dlc he got for Christmas would download. Today is the first time it recognized his season passes he got and allowed him to download the content.

It was up partly and running though a few hours before the psn was for us but both were completely down for awhile. For us the psn actually fully recovered before the Xbox one. Our psn was fully working the day after Christmas but our live just fully recovered today.

What sucks though is NBA 2k is still screwed up on the ps4. That's really the only game I've been playing for awhile too.

Lost connection to PSN about 10 minutes ago. Keep getting the same connection error codes. (NW-31194, NW-31201-7)

Lost connection to PSN about 10 minutes ago. Keep getting the same connection error codes. (NW-31194, NW-31201-7)
Happened to me quite a few times last night whilst trying to find matches in COD:AW.

Back