Quick question about bans

• Thread starter Aphelion
  • 88 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Chameleon9000
If you get banned, are you allowed to create a new account and join again? And don't get any ideas, I take pride in my current 0 warning points, but I am just legitimately asking out of curiosity! Thanks!

If you get banned, are you allowed to create a new account and join again? And don't get any ideas, I take pride in my current 0 warning points, but I am just legitimately asking out of curiosity! Thanks!

If we are talking a permaban, the quick answer is: Hell no. They track your ISP or some junk and they will catch you and ban your new account.

If we are talking a permaban then quick answer is: Hell no. They track your ISP or some junk and they will catch you and ban your new account.
And if you create a new account to avoid a temporary ban they both get banned forever.

Yup. That's true as well. The mod's banhammer, Mjölnir-Nessy, knows all secrets.

As stated, returning banned members are shot on sight and re-registering to circumvent a temp ban will indeed lead to both being banned.

Best bet - respectfully disagree to your hearts content, don't circumvent the swear filter, etc. and you have nothing to worry about.

Is this also true of temp bans?

See the post above you by the ever wise @TB. But in case you don't feel like looking up, the answer is yes. If you try to get around a temp ban with a new account, both accounts will be permanently banned.

See the post above you by the ever wise @TB.
I wasn't sure if he was talking about just premabans or bans as a whole. Regardless, I have a ban circumvention method that might just work...

Wait, is that comment enough to get me banned? It's supposed to be a joke.

I wasn't sure if he was talking about just premabans or bans as a whole. Regardless, I have a ban circumvention method that might just work...

Wait, is that comment enough to get me banned? It's supposed to be a joke.

Bans as a whole. You get banned, don't come back until the ban is lifted, if ever.

As far as the ban circumventing, I'm sure they've seen it and dealt with it. In fact, I'd be willing to put money on it.

Also, if it was enough to get you banned, you'd be PM'd or banned already. So no worries.

What about users that have been banned and came back without any of the mods noticing? There has to be several of them here flying under the radar for quite some time.

It's rather an open secret that a few perma-banned members have returned under different names. In most cases, they've truly reformed and sometimes become valued members of the community. In a few cases they haven't and end up getting banned again.

It's rather an open secret that a few perma-banned members have returned under different names. In most cases, they've truly reformed and sometimes become valued members of the community. In a few cases they haven't and end up getting banned again.

If a mod finds out one of those people were actually banned before, what action, if any, will be taken?

There's one that keep coming back regularly :lol: and get banned all the time, I lost count :lol: maybe more than 30 times now and he never learned.

So I guess if you truly play the cards right, you could return on a last breath of life, second account?

So I guess if you truly play the cards right, you could return on a last breath of life, second account?
Only one way to find out. It could possibly work, but I have my doubts. It's not like I'm using a second account after I bailed from another one...

Okay, I should really cut that out before someone actually gets suspicious. Assuming there are even any implications.

If a returning banned member doesn't do anything to arouse suspicions... in other words... they play nice, don't throw middle fingers around the room and put the toys back in the basket after they play with them, then there's no need for the mods to investigate.

Some people return under an alias, continue acting like idiots, and are banned again. It's inevitable. If the returning banned member has truly reformed and doesn't do anything stupid, then there's no need to investigate, right? ;)

If a returning banned member doesn't do anything to arouse suspicions... in other words... they play nice, don't throw middle fingers around the room and put the toys back in the basket after they play with them, then there's no need for the mods to investigate.

Some people return under an alias, continue acting like idiots, and are banned again. It's inevitable. If the returning banned member has truly reformed and doesn't do anything stupid, then there's no need to investigate, right? ;)
Nice. What if the member returns under the same email address, but doesn't act like an idiot (Or as bad in general) on their second account?

To make it short, if you are permanently banned from the site and create an additional account to bypass that, that account will be banned as well once the mods find out. If you have a temporary ban, don't make another account because it's pointless and may get you in more trouble.

Wrong.

In reality, that account will immediately banned seconds after returning. Investigation didnt exist. Are you just compensating or just playing with us?

Wrong.

In reality, that account will immediately banned seconds after returning. Investigation didnt exist. Are you just compensating or just playing with us?
Between @niky, who has banned his fair share, and yourself, who has banned exactly no one, I think I'm going to have to side with my brother-in-arms on this one. Doubly so since I KNOW he's correct.

Wrong.

If a RBM uses the same e-mail, yes. If not, then they can register. If they arouse suspicion, they're tagged, investigated and likely banned again.

If they play nice and don't (hint hint) *wink *wink drop suggestions to other members that they are a RBM, they can fly under the radar.

-

And what, pray tell, would we be compensating for? We've given dozens of members hundreds of "last chances" to reform after they've received infractions and even temp bans.

This is also very important to know:

Multiple Accounts

Only one account per person is allowed on GTPlanet. If it is discovered that a user has two active accounts, they will be asked which they would like to continue using and the other will be permanently banned.
Make your own conclusioin. :D

This is also very important to know:

Make your own conclusioin. :D
One flaw: Just because multiple accounts comes from one ISP doesnt mean it is USED by one person alone.

It could be Father and Son's or His friends accounts, you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back