R-Racing Evolution

I am picking up my copy of this game today, I can't wait to play it, and Hopefully my copy of GT4 Prologue will come in the mail today too.

Originally posted by IceGT
I am picking up my copy of this game today, I can't wait to play it, and Hopefully my copy of GT4 Prologue will come in the mail today too.
Today? Where do you live? ;)

I don't know, It kinda looks like Race Pro Driver. (that even though only an ok game, it had cool damage physics). Do you know if there's damage on R: Racing Evolution?

I live in South Dakota, but I didn't get my game yet, I went to Game Stop, and it was supposed to be in, but i guess thier shipment didn't come in yet, they said I should check again today.

I live in South Dakota, but I didn't get my game yet, I went to Game Stop, and it was supposed to be in, but i guess thier shipment didn't come in yet, they said I should check again today.
Give us a full run down on the gameplay, when you get it. I should be getting mine on the 19th (that's when it comes out in the NW). Anyway, if you are at all interested in drifting, try to pull of some drifts, and tell us how the physics help or hinder the control. ;)

Ive got my yesterday (at BestBuy ). Its not a bad game a little simulation and a little arcade. Handling is pretty good, not GT3, but u can adjust a lot of suspension to make it fit your driving style better. As far as cars go I dont have that many yet, they do have the latest models thou (ex.:EVO 8). Also I have about 16 tracks to choose from.
I could write some more, but I have too many games to play....
:D

Story mode doesn't seem like it is too long, but I have only been playing the game for about 30 minutes. The graphics are not bad at all, and when you are watching the replays it is the closest game to GT3 graphic wise that I have seen on the PS2 to date. The handleing of the cars is not as good as it is in GT3, but overall this is a pretty good game I think. Plus I love how your you can hear what your opponents are saying about you during the race, it gives you more of an emotional attachment to the game. I will tell you guys more, as I get further along.

Story mode doesn't seem like it is too long, but I have only been playing the game for about 30 minutes. The graphics are not bad at all, and when you are watching the replays it is the closest game to GT3 graphic wise that I have seen on the PS2 to date. The handleing of the cars is not as good as it is in GT3, but overall this is a pretty good game I think. Plus I love how your you can hear what your opponents are saying about you during the race, it gives you more of an emotional attachment to the game. I will tell you guys more, as I get further along.
So, have you gotten any further along? I can't wait to play this game. ;)

Story mode is a very short portion of this game. It is only about an hour and a half long, but that is not where most of the gameplay lies. It lies in the event mode. Where there are at least 115(I haven't really counted) races that you can unlock, and compete in. You have to complete these races to unlock all of the cars, and it is going to take some time to play all of them. I have been playing for about 4 days on, and off, and I only have 39% of the total game complete. I say that is game is a lot of fun, and you should get it if you have a lot of time on your hands.

What happened to Ridge racer, why oh why, did they bother, is used to be soo unique....

Originally posted by ZEE
What happened to Ridge racer, why oh why, did they bother, is used to be soo unique....
The Ridge Racer series is going to continue with it's over the top physics, but this is not a Ridge Racer game. This game was made by the same people as RR, but it is a different type of game (simulation), hence the different name. ;)

I would say look on GAMEFAQ to get a car list, and the amount of cars in the game, cuz I really don't feel like counting, and posting all of the names of the different cars.

Gamefaq does not have anything on this game yet.

Are they call race cars or can you also choose stock production cars? is 20 really the total#? That seems kind of low.

I see the Skyline GTR in the pics, is the 350Z (FairladyZ) also in this game?

Reviews are not looking good but I just need a decent game to hold me over until GT4, Could this be it?

Originally posted by black300zx
Gamefaq does not have anything on this game yet.

Are they call race cars or can you also choose stock production cars? is 20 really the total#? That seems kind of low.

I see the Skyline GTR in the pics, is the 350Z (FairladyZ) also in this game?

Reviews are not looking good but I just need a decent game to hold me over until GT4, Could this be it?
All the reviews I have read on the game, are quite favorable. I think I should enjoy this game, but I will have to wait till after Christmas to get it (funds are low, stupid Christmas). ;)

It is fun, but it takes quite a while to complete, and a lot of patience, I had to take a break, and started playing NFSU again online.

Hi,

I recently bought R Racing and well, here are my impressions.

Just to sort out things, I'm using a madcatz wheel(170degree of rotation) and the steering was really hard because the cars react to the movement of the wheel at the near degree.

The game has smoke but, well, you cannot call it smoke since you just see some of it when you go off track. The physic is a bit mixed up, when you oversteer, you are absolutly sure to go into the wall or you push the brakes and just found yourself dead stop on the course getting rammed by cars. If you put TCS on, it's much easier to control since you won't oversteer, just UNDERSTEER! Their is also ABS, at first I was like :" hey I'm a big boy , I don't need ABS, I made a race and finished last so I put back on ABS and everything went fine.

Now the AI, they are way better than gt3 I'm telling you right now, you always have a tight entertaining(not frustrating) race agasint them, the fun part of it is when you get behing a AI and his pressure bar goes into the red, he'll make a mistake at the next corner(late braking or oversteer) and he'll end up in the wall letting you pass him easily.

The sound is so mixed up, they all sound like bees ! It hurts my ears everytime I hear it and if I want to listen to the music , well, some sort of japanese techno that I don't like much.

Their is a great variety of cars, from a small fiat to some LeMans racers. I read on the box that you could modify your car but it's in a form of : X credits for step 1 X credits for step 2.

The story mode is kinda short but entertaining due to his nice ....girls!

When you have finished the story mode their is still 70% of the game to be passed.

Event challenge is another mode where you can buy races and race in them to earn more credit and cars and the usual stuff.

One more point, their is drag races (500 meter) with nitrous but you can just hit it until 3/4 of the race, their is some old school cars, Charger R/T, Shelby.

That was my point of view of this game, for 59.99$ canadian dollars I think it was worth it but i'll go buy TXR03 and NFSU because I think they have more potential due to the tuning part of it.

Thanks for the review div. I will be picking up this game in a few days, so stay tuned for another review, as well as a video of some of the gameplay.;)

I just got this game today and I have been playing it for about half an hour now and on first impressions its a very good game. I really like the radio with the pit crew talking to you giving you constant advice and appluading your driving skills and when your oponents scream and moan when you pass them.... :lol: the story mode (so far) is looking better than that of toca (pro) race driver. my only problem is the cars handling at times mostly when your taking corners the car feels like its extremely light and I would sometimes tend to drive of course but most of the time I can handle the car good enough maybe I just need some practice :rolleyes:

I just got this game today, It's pretty cool. I don't mind the handling at all, either, I find it quite easy to take the right line and win.

Could someone tell me where to post my fast laps on the net? If you complete a valid lap on time trial and then press start when you have finished it gives you a code. But I have searched the net with no luck :(

Thanks
MC

Originally posted by Takumi Fujiwara
I just got this game today, It's pretty cool. I don't mind the handling at all, either, I find it quite easy to take the right line and win.

I think this game is great. Namco did a good job on it. Plus, I like taking the Advan Kondo Dome S101 Prototype on to the Tarmac rally course. It kinda feels like you are going through the Goodwood Britian thing, but in a Itialian / Rome Ruins look.

Originally posted by Takumi Fujiwara
I haven't tried that yet. I was wondering how the Bentley would perform on Waterbridge.

Yea, The Audi R8 looks good in the replays. I tried the Saleen S7R in the Factory paint, and it looks awesome going through that little town.

Have any of you'll got the Deloren DMC12 yet? thats a quick ass car for a GT class 2.

Originally posted by Darin
Yea, The Audi R8 looks good in the replays. I tried the Saleen S7R in the Factory paint, and it looks awesome going through that little town.

Have any of you'll got the Deloren DMC12 yet? thats a quick ass car for a GT class 2.

I got the Delorean but I haven't given her a shot yet.

I'll go cehck it out

Back